Mobile/Cell Phone Lifeline

Matthew

I've just switched my mobile on after not using it for 5 weeks. It's nice to use, but for me it's not crucial.

I was just wondering how many people can do without ther mobile/cell phone?

I was thinking back to the old days when we didn't have mobiles (yes, I am "that" old), it was my mum that always took the calls on the landline and arranged my social life, ha ha.

How did other people manage in the old days prior to mobile/cell phones?

Mobiles are always handy to have in this town. Traffic causes late meetings and of course, if you drive, there are times when you need to call up your connected Thai friends to sort out the men in brown when they try to bilk cash out of you at a stop light. I suppose it depends on your lifestyle too. I find that I can get work done when stuck in a traffic jam by making business calls. In fact, I am off into traffic now. Yay !!

Certainly one the most important business tools I have without question. Allows me freedom away from the office by being available for my customers and staff at anytime.

From a social view, it's convenient sure, ever tried to find a phone box these days that work in an emergency?

Personally, to me they are a necessary evil, I hate to admit it but I couldnt live without it.