2004: IN YOUR MEMORIES

smartass

Take a look back at last year. What are the top stories in your memories? Both personal and in the news...

Here's mine:

1 Tsunami disaster

2 1st solo trip to China

3 Kayaking in Ha Long Bay

4 Incubus's concert

5 Linkin Park's concert

6 Terrorism in the South

7 Bird Flu in Thailand

8 US Election

9 Reading " the Alchemist"

10 Joining TF

not in any particular order:

1. tsunami we have had entirely too much history happening in the last few years, i want it to stop, please.

2. the Year of Frequent Flyer miles (ill-starred long distance relationship with a chinese girl, culminating in mega-miles). nw flight 18/28 is now my second home, i get really cranky when someone takes my seat (35j). it is a sad moment when i have to get off the plane...

3. indian music videos production-wise this was complete chaos but when the actual shooting started i was in my element. proved to me my heart is in directing not producing.

4. stuti's vedding my first indian vedding, the main purpose of the 5 days of parties and ceremonies is to feed the guests until they explode. some of the best food i've ever had, and chai chai chai chai! as a dutiful guest i exploded.

9. joined tf, visited bkk at the end of the year i had been to bkk 3 times before, mostly on my way to somewhere else. i had such a good time thanks to meeting ppl from tf that bkk has become a place to go, rather than go through...

6. ankgor wat made a trip to angkor wat last january. i had a bad flu that i caught in hangzhou (china). angkor wat in spite of being overrun by tourists was beautiful. adventures included a picnic at the river of a thousand lingas with some khmer ppl, sleeping in the temple with the trees growing through it, and chillin' with monks.

7. high noon in film school finished most of the work i need to graduate, one more film to go.

8. won 'craziest thing since high school' at my high school reunion. my only competition was my best friend.

5. out of town by sundown started the long process of getting fired from my day job. expect to finish it or quit in the next 2 weeks.

10. dvd man spent about 2 months in china, bought so many dvds (about 30 or 40 baht apiece) that the guys in the coffee shop (arch) in shanghai know me as "dvd man". kinda miss china, especially beijing...

becoming more than friends with my gf.....

making many new friends here in Bkk

improving my pool-playing abilities

finding a job that I actually like

adding to my beer-glass collection [at the expense of certain Bkk bars]

obviously - there are more serious stories that are far more memorable than my personal moments - the tsunami disaster must be the dominant news of the year, perhaps closely followed by the other news of the sad and unexpected death of friend and co-members here.

1. solo trip to Lao PDR...backpacking for 10 days

2. complete my thesis...after 1 years

3.being apart from my special one...after we had been living together for 6 months

4.1st trip to USA...2 weeks vacation, drove through california for 2,200 miles

5.new hair cut...very very short, most shortest I ever had

6.lost 3 cell phones in one year...all same situation, left it in the taxi, what a stupid me!!

7.Bird Flu...I couldn't eat chicken!

8.gain 4 kilos from my standard weight...need to diet soon!!!

9.joined TF...met a lot of cool friends

10.Tsunami disaster... :cry:

1.been on front page "Bergens Tidende" norwegian newspapers fighting with embastard

2.rewarded best performance at (previous)work

3.new hair cut by papershredder

4.solo trip to Vietnam and South Korea

5.grandma died

6.long suffering summer in scandinavia

7.cracked left ankle

8.joined TF

9.diet rebel: went against other colleagues gainning 10kg in 3 weeks

10.been on helicopter during time helping other tsunami volenteers in Phuket.

this girl!

kinda miss china, especially beijing...

me too.... when you're going back to visit?