What is the best video Editing Program...

Chatty

I heard AVID is quite good but haven't really used it.

Some years ago I was using DALET software (dalet.com) for my radio stations (complete radio station solution, including broadcast, news, editing, and so on) so that's only an audio solution but over the years they have evolved into the video market as well and have become one of the leading suppliers for stations like BBC and radio and tv broadcasters worldwide. The prices cannot be compared with Adobe Premiere. Count in a factor 5 to 10 but that is supposed to be top of the bill.

I ran around pantip looking for it but haven't found it yet :-). If you happen to stumble across a dvd called Dalet, be sure to send me a copy :-).

• 2 months later...
Depend what system you use

If you use PC than Adobe Premiere is not bad - if you use a Mac than iMovie is

better because it's easy and free! For really professional video-editing I would

prefer Final-Cut and not Adobe Premiere!

i agree that final cut pro is a LOT better than premiere, which still kinda sucks. bcool if you want a copy of fcp i can send one back with one of the many ppl flying back and forth between nyc and bkk...

i also have avid express pro, i havent really used it but professional editors generally use avid, and it is the same user interface.

bcool dont bother with imovie, it is extremely limited to the point of being nearly useless.

• 3 weeks later...
Best is avid and they are the industry standard however for the causual pro the best is adobe premier or some variant of

I bought a copy in pantip plaza but never got it working so have to be careful when getting the pirated stuff

whether avid is the industry standard depends on budget level. at the low end vast numbers of post houses have adopted Final Cut Pro over Avid Express Pro (avid's low end software), in spite of having high-end avid stations. film and video production is still primarily done on macs, at least in new york and LA. bcool's on a mac, but avid products are also available on windows.

premiere is supposedly better than it was, but it was such a putrid, vile, piece of crap that i dont hold out much hope for it. i'm never going to bother with it again.

Best is avid and they are the industry standard however for the causual pro the best is adobe premier or some variant of

I bought a copy in pantip plaza but never got it working so have to be careful when getting the pirated stuff

whether avid is the industry standard depends on budget level. at the low end vast numbers of post houses have adopted Final Cut Pro over Avid Express Pro (avid's low end software), in spite of having high-end avid stations. film and video production is still primarily done on macs, at least in new york and LA. bcool's on a mac, but avid products are also available on windows. .

What I would have said had I thought to put it like this!

premiere is supposedly better than it was, but it was such a putrid, vile, piece of crap that i dont hold out much hope for it. i'm never going to bother with it again.

Well that certainly doesn't give me much hope for premiere I am amazed you think it is that bad but to be honest you know more about this than I do coz I have only used it a few times so on the strength of that I wont be gettting another copy of it when I go to pantip plaza again.

Bottom line: What would you suggest is the best for a keen and budget minded wanna be pro [but actually an amatuer] ? Oh and in a windows environment, cant be bothered with macs given the limited upgrade possibilities .