Who will win the EPL?

MichaelGray

Who will win the EPL?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the EPL?

• Chelsea
    • Man U.
    • Other (are you serious?)

After Chelseas crushing victory over Everton last night, there are now only two points between them & Man U. with the same number of games played. Being a CFC supporter I naturally fancy them for the title again this year, although Manu U. have certainly improved this season. I reckon if Man U. get hit with injuries and/or suspensions, their squad doesn't have the depth to cope. i could be wrong though. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sticking with chelski, my preseason pick.

last night was an eye opener. what a game! and all three chelsk goals were quality. ballack's free kick was perfect; only reason it touched the woodworrk was that superhuman attempt at a save. most enjoyable match of the season so far, IMO (although my chelski bias is showing, no doubt).

chelsk detractors like to piss and moan about how anyone couild win with that much talent on the field. NOT true. the quality and even versatility are there, but without grit and the will to win you end up looking like.... real madrid a few years ago. as managers go i gots heaps o' respek for 'the special one.' they sold half their team and STILL have amazing depth, and i think sheva will find his touch--teh work-rate's already there. look at his face when he's on the pitch, he looks like he's putting too much presssure on himself, trying too hard. IMO even so, having him on the pitch draws the attention of defenders even when he doesn't score, and gives drogba more chances.

man u look pretty awesome this year though. hating them is fun again! yay!

i agree they dont' have enough depth. any time they sub a good player they lose out, whereas chelsk can actually improve through subs (last night's double header, case in point). fergie's shown he's still got it, at least in my opinion. most importantly, shrek and christiano whinaldo have matured quite a bit as players. ronaldo is now trying to make plays instead of make the highlight reel with that extra stepover. whinaldo's free-kick taking has improved also. still a **** but you gotta respek his football.

all in all, shaping up to be a great season. i just wish there were more than four teams in the premiership. ambitious wannabes like spurs just don't have the bank to stay with the big four. EPL needs a well-implemented salary cap IMO.

most entertaining match i've seen this season. all around good day, ajax even managed to win (and a huntelaar hat trick as a bonus. keep an eye on huntelaar, liverpool bought the wrong dutch guy).

chelsk detractors like to piss and moan about how anyone couild win with that much talent on the field. NOT true. the quality and even versatility are there, but without grit and the will to win you end up looking like.... real madrid a few years ago. as managers go i gots heaps o' respek for 'the special one.' they sold half their team and STILL have amazing depth

any GOOD manager with the money Chelski have available could win !! the money they can spend now is crazy .... just look at their losses over the last few seasons, no other side could sustain that without a bottomless piggy bank.

i don't see were chelski sold half their team, they sold squad players (and f**k knows they got enough of them) and then replaced them with top class players ... no wonder they still have amazing depth !!! not pissing or moaning about it, but i'm SURE wenger or fergie could have achieved the same with the same resources. but i can't see them competing in the near future over an entire season. injuries or suspensions to key players WILL affect Arsenal and Man U much more than it will Chelski !!!

any GOOD manager with the money Chelski have available could win !!

Well Real Madrid have spent BIG over the last few years, how many millions for Zidane & Figo... and what have they won recently? :roll:

no other side could sustain that without a bottomless piggy bank.

Real Madrid again... They are about 100million in debt I believe, yet they still manage to buy some of the best & most expensive players in the world. :)

any GOOD manager with the money Chelski have available could win !!

Well Real Madrid have spent BIG over the last few years, how many millions for Zidane & Figo... and what have they won recently? :roll:

no other side could sustain that without a bottomless piggy bank.

Real Madrid again... They are about 100million in debt I believe, yet they still manage to buy some of the best & most expensive players in the world. :)

who was buying the players ... the manager or the chairman and were they were being bought for their football or their marketbility ??? also they seem to be going through managers at a fairly rapid pace !!!

again i believe Real Madrid sold their training ground to reduce their debt and have spent nowhere near as much as Chelski in the last 2 or 3 years !!

mind u neither has anybody else !!

2 great games on tv yesterday

At the start of the day i fancied United to extend there lead at the top. Yet again just proves what little i know

Great goals by Chelski and what a performance by West Ham a team that was lucky to only lose by 4 last week at Bolton.

Almost the half way stage and im still going for United, i couldnt ever think any other way.

again i believe Real Madrid sold their training ground to reduce their debt and have spent nowhere near as much as Chelski in the last 2 or 3 years !!

I'd prefer to view it over the last 10 years... I think RM spent a fortune during that period.

OK ... over the last 10 years RM have won La Liga 3 times and the Champions League 3 times .... Chelski have won the Premiership 2 times and not very many Champions Leagues.

to make urself look even more f**king stupid why don't u suggest we look at their records over the last 50 years !!!!

any GOOD manager with the money Chelski have available could win!!

depends on how you define good--i agree with the caveat that there are very, very few good managers.

i don't see were chelski sold half their team,

pssst. ciaran, hon... that's a deliberate exaggeration :wink:

next time i'll be less subtle and say they sold thousands of players, to make it easier....

they sold squad players (and f**k knows they got enough of them)

well, there was at least top shelf player, but that was coz he insisted on leaving.

....but i'm SURE wenger or fergie could have achieved the same with the same resources.

yep. and there ends my list of "good managers" in the premiership*

*not really, but with "good" as defined by ciaran above, benitez ain't on my list.

read the full article u **** ...

I find you rather insulting. Where is that wanker smiley!

and i find u incredibly stupid ... why else would u post an article about a rule change specifically aimed at Chelski to back up ur arguement that other clubs spend just as much !!!

Lars-Christer Olsson, chief executive of European football's governing body, said: "Prolific spending could be banned but it needs a lot of thinking.

"To tackle it you have to agree within the European community that this is unfair competition. Chelsea is a special case."

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We have no comment to make on this."

Uefa is looking to mobilise the European Union in a sweeping reform of the way professional clubs are licensed.

It claims the new system will ensure fairness in all competitions, with clubs responsible for raising their own income and not relying on the bounty of rich benefactors.

Olsson admitted he was reluctant to single Chelsea out, but said: "There is no other club in Europe like them at the moment.

"Is it fair competition? It is very unfair for clubs who don't have a benefactor like this and who have to live within their means."

We are taking these proposals to the European Union to change the legislation

Uefa chief executive Lars-Christer Olsson

"I am against a salary cap, but not against a relationship between the wage bill and the earned income.

"We are taking these proposals to the European Union to change the legislation."

and i find u incredibly stupid ...

The don't post in my threads if you can't keep a civil tongue in your head. I'm sure they'd get along fine without your insults.

With your attitude it's no wonder you describe yourself as 'Single & looking'.

The don't post in my threads if you can't keep a civil tongue in your head. I'm sure they'd get along fine without your insults.

even by TF standards that has to be one of the most pathetic comebacks i have seen !!

BTW if u don't want and/or like my comments post a journal were u can control the contents. in an open forum i'll free to post what i want when i want !!!

and i find u incredibly stupid ... why else would u post an article about a rule change specifically aimed at Chelski to back up ur arguement that other clubs spend just as much !!!

Lars-Christer Olsson, chief executive of European football's governing body, said: "Prolific spending could be banned but it needs a lot of thinking.

"To tackle it you have to agree within the European community that this is unfair competition. Chelsea is a special case."

A Chelsea spokesman said: "We have no comment to make on this."

Uefa is looking to mobilise the European Union in a sweeping reform of the way professional clubs are licensed.

It claims the new system will ensure fairness in all competitions, with clubs responsible for raising their own income and not relying on the bounty of rich benefactors.

Olsson admitted he was reluctant to single Chelsea out, but said: "There is no other club in Europe like them at the moment.

"Is it fair competition? It is very unfair for clubs who don't have a benefactor like this and who have to live within their means."

We are taking these proposals to the European Union to change the legislation

Uefa chief executive Lars-Christer Olsson

"I am against a salary cap, but not against a relationship between the wage bill and the earned income.

"We are taking these proposals to the European Union to change the legislation."

hmmmm dear ciaran,

in your admonition to READ noticed you meticulously avoided POSTING the whole article... maybe there are parts you didnt' like?

Although Olsson singled out Chelsea, his comments are unlikely to find favour among Europe's other elite clubs.

AC Milan and Real Madrid are thought to have matched Chelsea's spending in previous years in their pursuit of European football's top club prize.

BBC Sport understands clubs are largely dismissive of Olsson's remarks, seeing them as the opening shots in the pre-election campaigning.

hmmmm dear ciaran,

in your admonition to READ noticed you meticulously avoided POSTING the whole article... maybe there are parts you didnt' like?

Although Olsson singled out Chelsea, his comments are unlikely to find favour among Europe's other elite clubs.

AC Milan and Real Madrid are thought to have matched Chelsea's spending in previous years in their pursuit of European football's top club prize.

BBC Sport understands clubs are largely dismissive of Olsson's remarks, seeing them as the opening shots in the pre-election campaigning.

hmmmm dear zeus

the careless observer will note michaelgray has already highlighted the fact that said article claims AC Malin and Real Madrid have previously spent similar sums as Chelski.

i was querying the lack of intelligence in using an article about a rule change aimed specifically at Chelski in defence of their spending habits !!! therefore i quoted the part of the article which dealt with this.

also i do believe i advised michaelgray (and therefore any other careful and/or careless observers) to read the full article.

K ??

hmmmm dear ciaran,

hmmmm dear zeus

the careless observer will note michaelgray has already highlighted the fact that said article claims AC Malin and Real Madrid have previously spent similar sums as Chelski.

i was querying the lack of intelligence in using an article about a rule change aimed specifically at Chelski in defence of their spending habits !!! therefore i quoted the part of the article which dealt with this.

also i do believe i advised michaelgray (and therefore any other careful and/or careless observers) to read the full article.

K ??

this hump picks and chooses what he wants to. he's not worth the time nor the effort to debate. a real jag :shock:

even by TF standards that has to be one of the most pathetic comebacks i have seen !!

BTW if u don't want and/or like my comments post a journal were u can control the contents. in an open forum i'll free to post what i want when i want !!!

I'm sorry if I haven't lowered myself to spouting insults as you seem to want me to but I have my reasons. Now go & find yourself a woman, if you can... :lol:

I'm sorry if I haven't lowered myself to spouting insults as you seem to want me to but I have my reasons. Now go & find yourself a woman, if you can... :lol:

maybe you can give him some pointers. i'd like to know how to buy some store bought hooters for my girlfriend only to have her dump me. i'd like to know what it feels like to know that someone else is playing with boobs that i bought :wink:

maybe you can give him some pointers. i'd like to know how to buy some store bought hooters for my girlfriend only to have her dump me. i'd like to know what it feels like to know that someone else is playing with boobs that i bought :wink:

Interesting

How the hell have we got from discussing potential Premier League winners to

My "GF has left me and i want my boobs back" losers

It can only happen on TF

It would seem that some ppl. are not only insulting but also have a terrible time keeping on topic on this message board. What a pity!

Interesting

How the hell have we got from discussing potential Premier League winners to

My "GF has left me and i want my boobs back" losers

It can only happen on TF

we aim to please !!!! :):):)