The "offical" 1-day thread

CiaranM

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far be it for me to jump on the bandwagon.

Looks like the little ausies got tired playing all those games and just think not long till world cup.

Better sort themselves out.

Come on england

Yes its all true, I dont know why the Aussies have been playing their B team ( anyone recognise 7 of the players names) with players like Ponting, Gilchrist, Lee etc. all being rested from this series it's crazy.

They should be using this as an opportunity to meld the WC side together. I know the Hadlee series is not important ( who the hell is Hadlee ( joking)) but dumb to end up with this result as it did count towards the leading team points tally.

Anyway giving a few crumbs out every so often is a nice thing to do :)

resting players is all well and good and at an average age of 68 the aussie players certainly need rest.....just makes u wonder what happens after WC when 90% of the team is wheeled off to the retirement home.

Well mate makes you wonder what the English team is really like being beaten 5-0 in the Ashes, and having won only 1 out of 3 series against the Aussies and 5 games out of 21 during their tour against such an old team.

And you're out of date now mate, the average of the Aussies is now 25 I believe with the retirement of so many of the Aussies after they whipped the English so badly in the Ashes from their wheelchairs and decided it was too easy to bother.

The World Cup should be a great series, but it wont compare to the joy of the humour that will accompany it here in TF. Should be a hilarious.

Mr. Giles it's ok you can take pleasure that you beat our B team. As I said to you today, you did well considering we had one regular test bowler in the team, who by the way had already announced his retirement.

Lizardo, yes mate I didn't quite think of it in those terms lol.

The World Cup should be a great series, but it wont compare to the joy of the humour that will accompany it here in TF. Should be a hilarious.

Mr. Giles it's ok you can take pleasure that you beat our B team. As I said to you today, you did well considering we had one regular test bowler in the team, who by the way had already announced his retirement.

Yeah yeah, the B team that will be your A team by the time the World Cup rolls around because your golden oldies are nearing pension age :P

Yeah yeah, the B team that will be your A team by the time the World Cup rolls around because your golden oldies are nearing pension age :P

The average age of the Kiwis is more than the Aussies. Check out your team ages, including ALL the ones over 30.

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/page.aspx?pri=114

Next?

It's official... The Aussies are a spent force :shock:

Read it in a Chiang Mai news pamphlet type thingy. Admittedly written by a Brit but hey...

Face it Mike, how many of their last internationals have they won ?!?

The fat lady is not only singing she's playing the steel drums :wink:

Been waiting for you to make an apearance in here.

Not so many mate just 15 of their last 22 including Ashes Tests 5-0 and one dayers. Bad record I know.

Hot off the press from the Guandong Herald, the West Indies are ranked number 5 to win the One Day World Cup, generous if you ask me :).

Hayden just made 181 not out against the kiwi's I don't think we are a spent force just yet, the fat lady is singing but not for Australia!!!

NZ-350/9 ..Oz have been beaten black & Blue ..They are a spent force ...

Ease up mate not just yet wait until the WC in March!!!

ok mate ..

It's going to be a fun time this WC, I hope it's on UBC pay for view, if it is I'll be having some card/WC parties for you lads. The liquor cabinet is stocked with heaps of duty free booze.

Hayden just made 181 not out against the kiwi's I don't think we are a spent force just yet, the fat lady is singing but not for Australia!!!

ok mate ..

It's going to be a fun time this WC, I hope it's on UBC pay for view, if it is I'll be having some fun parties for you lads.

I think we can get it in Astro...not sure...

Favourites:: India, SA, Srilanka

With those predictions you are most welcome to join us, just make sure that if you have any thin skin you leave it at home. The days are made up of Aussie, Kiwi, POM and West Indies supporters. I'll keep you informed.

ok mate ..

It's going to be a fun time this WC, I hope it's on UBC pay for view, if it is I'll be having some fun parties for you lads.

I think we can get it in Astro...not sure...

Favourites:: India, SA, Srilanka

& NZ...u blind...

Aussie star Lee out of World Cup

Lee's absence is a massive blow to Australia's chances

Australia fast bowler Brett Lee has been ruled out of next month's World Cup with an ankle injury.

The 30-year-old will be replaced in their 15-man squad by New South wales team-mate Stuart Clark, who took 26 wickets in the recent Ashes series.

Not good news for the Aussie's