ThailandFriends Fantasy League 2008/09

lizardo

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunners lose trio

Arsenal will be without William Gallas, Bacary Sagna and Nicklas Bendtner over the next week.

All three sustained injuries while on international duty and manager Arsene Wenger admitted his side had suffered "heavy losses" with further concerns over three other players.

Wenger said: "Unfortunately we have lost some players over the 10 days - William Gallas, Bacary Sagna and Nicklas Bendtner."

Gallas (hamstring), Sagna (knee) and Bendtner (ankle) will all miss Saturday's Barclays Premier League match at home to Everton and next Tuesday's Champions League trip to Fenerbahce.

suffered knocks

Cesc Fabregas (broken nose), Robin van Persie (muscular) and Johan Djourou (concussion) also suffered knocks but Wenger is hopeful they should be able to feature. Abou Diaby will also be included in the squad for the first time this season this weekend after overcoming a thigh problem.

"Fortunately the three of them don't look to be out for a long, long time but they will be out for the weekend game and I think the game on Tuesday.

"As well as them, Djourou got concussion during his game with Switzerland and will be assessed on Friday to see if he is available. He does not look too bad and he could have a good chance to play.

"I am still waiting for Robin to come back so I don't know about him. However, he should be OK.

"He went with a muscle problem but he came on after 56 minutes last night and, from the reports I got, he should be all right. Both of them will be assessed.

"Also I am told Cesc has a broken nose. It should not stop him playing. He is here now and is being assessed."

Fantasy League lessons -

1) Read how the bloody game works, especially if you are the administrator.

2) Once point one completed, stop moaning about losing star players to injury when you can do a quick transfer - the points it may cost are offset by the points your new player may gain.

3) If there is a need for several transfers, use your wild card.

4) Catch Beej

Is this right? BBC shows:

Newcastle

* 01 Given

* 21 Beye

* 27 Taylor

* 02 Coloccini

* 12 Bassong

* 20 Geremi

* 08 Guthrie

* 22 Butt

* 11 Duff

* 09 Martins

* 23 Ameobi

Substitutes

* 13 Harper,

* 06 Cacapa,

* 03 Jose Enrique,

* 14 N'Zogbia,

* 19 Xisco,

* 30 Edgar,

* 39 Carroll

Man City

* 01 Hart

* 02 Richards

* 26 Ben-Haim

* 22 Dunne

* 15 Garrido

* 08 Wright-Phillips

* 33 Kompany

* 21 Hamann

* 07 Ireland

* 14 Jo

* 10 Robinho

Substitutes

* 16 Schmeichel,

* 04 Onuoha,

* 11 Elano,

* 19 Fernandes,

* 24 Evans,

* 28 Sturridge,

* 36 Berti

Ref: Rob Styles

The old switcharoo

Yup, it happens once a season, I **** up in the first 2 weeks and play my wild card out of sheer frustration/boredom, then as it nears Christmas I realize just how **** my team has done and pull the old switcharoo costing me around 20 points.

This appears dumb to most but in the long term sees me normally finish in the top 3, to this year I've pulled the switcharoo out one whole month early.

Watch out fuckers a new look team next week.

Come on Iain Ramos lets see what you've got.

The old switcharoo

Yup, it happens once a season, I f*ck up in the first 2 weeks and play my wild card out of sheer frustration/boredom, then as it nears Christmas I realize just how sh*t my team has done and pull the old switcharoo costing me around 20 points.

This appears dumb to most but in the long term sees me normally finish in the top 3, to this year I've pulled the switcharoo out one whole month early.

Watch out fuckers a new look team next week.

Come on Iain Ramos lets see what you've got.

NEVER EVER compare me to a Spurs manager...

Iain Kinnear maybe... :lol:

but Gooners 3-1 up after 21 mins so who cares about the pretend stuff??

Counting week 9's trading to date, Beej and I are right at 32 in transfer costs. The REAL trader is zbh (44). Who is the best trader? (a) Divide the increment of team value above 100 by the trading costs to see what you've generated per transfer euro; (B) For players bought and sold, sum up the trading profits. I prefer (a) as a total measure as (B) doesn't capture holding gains/losses nor roundtripping.

Iain, I won't comment, buddy.

It's only week 9. We have 30 games to tally. No one is out of it as of now. Even Bleeds United only has to make up 4.8 points per week to hoist the cup.

Counting week 9's trading to date, Beej and I are right at 32 in transfer costs. The REAL trader is zbh (44). Who is the best trader? (a) Divide the increment of team value above 100 by the trading costs to see what you've generated per transfer euro; (B) For players bought and sold, sum up the trading profits. I prefer (a) as a total measure as (B) doesn't capture holding gains/losses nor roundtripping.

Iain, I won't comment, buddy.

It's only week 9. We have 30 games to tally. No one is out of it as of now. Even Bleeds United only has to make up 4.8 points per week to hoist the cup.

????

Jay, mate, you are taking this far too seriously!!!! It's fantasy football not Celebrity Credit Crunch Strictlly Stock Exhange Supertsar Abrahmovic On Ice!!!! Nae points for incremental value increases over the season!! Phew! :lol: