Bomb in Bkk

dannyboy

economic slowdown, tourist advisory warnings and a frail King... Thailand's future is looking very dark indeed.. I hope somebody wakes up and smells the coffee sooner rather than later.

What are you worry about, acctualy.. someone will get your white (fat) a-- hurt ??? Im sorry for you with what happened in my country and get you difficult.

May be time to pack your bag ??

by the way, when you fly back home take Karnie with you.

Nice one bigKus, you don't disappoint!

No rational thought or comment, just straight in there with the time to pack your bag line...and even a little bit of racism also just to make it that extra bit special....I like your style... :D

Sorry danny, no comment provided.

I just cant stand people who worry so much about self-difficulties ( simple word, selfish ), moaning comes first even though it affects them just nothing while most of the local people fine living their life.. what a paranoid coward !

Its not a racism there has a thai in my post, didnt you notice ??

I think you'll find that the original poster was voicing concern over the state of Thailands economy, the state of the Kings health and the flagging tourism numbers. It was not so much a nasty coment but a worried coment, I to worry about the 3 above factors, it would effect me as much as it would effect anyone who lives here in Thailand.

Telling him he's a fat whitey and he should go home for this comment is over reacting.

Calm the **** down.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

economic slowdown, tourist advisory warnings and a frail King... Thailand's future is looking very dark indeed.. I hope somebody wakes up and smells the coffee sooner rather than later.

What are you worry about, acctualy.. someone will get your white (fat) a-- hurt ??? Im sorry for you with what happened in my country and get you difficult.

No rational thought or comment, just straight in there with the time to pack your bag line...and even a little bit of racism also just to make it that extra bit special....I like your style... :D

I just cant stand people who worry so much about self-difficulties ( simple word, selfish ), moaning comes first even though it affects them just nothing while most of the local people fine living their life.. what a paranoid coward !

I think you'll find that the original poster was voicing concern over the state of Thailands economy, the state of the Kings health and the flagging tourism numbers. It was not so much a nasty coment but a worried coment, I to worry about the 3 above factors, it would effect me as much as it would effect anyone who lives here in Thailand.

Telling him he's a fat whitey and he should go home for this comment is over reacting.

Calm the sh*t down.

What about this " Thailand's future is looking very dark indeed.. " ?? Will you happy living in the country that having very dark future.. ?? So, i gave away my suggestion,

Calm the sh*t down.

What about this " Thailand's future is looking very dark indeed.. " ?? Will you happy living in the country that having very dark future.. ?? So, i gave away my suggestion,

anyone heard of the Thai band called BIG ASS ?

I heard BIG KUS was lead singer a while back.

Calm the sh*t down.

Rational comment please..

Calm the sh*t down.

She can hardly be blamed for regurgitating the same bullshit she's been spoon-fed since she was an infant... "Fat whitey say bad thing about Thailand, you tell him 'You no like Thailand, you go home you country". Okay, now drink you formula."

Calm the sh*t down.

Rational comment please..

you mean it is not true? you didnt sing for BIG ASS?

Calm the sh*t down.

She can hardly be blamed for regurgitating the same bullshit she's been spoon-fed since she was an infant... "Fat whitey say bad thing about Thailand, you tell him 'You no like Thailand, you go home you country". Okay, now drink you formula."

If you want to keep cool, dont attact my personality M&M ! its not man.. and I m frustrated !

Calm the sh*t down.

If you want to keep cool, dont attact my personality M&M ! its not man.. and I m frustrated !

frustrated, indeed

its a wonder you can feed yourself

Calm the sh*t down.

I'm not attacking you. It's the standard response in this country to ANYTHING to do with negativity, constructive criticism, or just straight personal preference. I've been asked if I like thai food and given the "Why you come Thailand? Why you not back you own country" line after answering that it wasn't my favorite kind of food... How ******* RETARDED is that? I guess one of the conditions for accepting a visa to Thailand is that a farang must love EVERYTHING about this country. I can understand someone sitting there pissing on and on about everything in Thailand being bad like an ineffectual loser and then telling said person so "piss off"... But using the "go home" line for something as simple as not liking thai food... Come on...!!!! Plus it just sounds stupid.

Calm the sh*t down.

I'm not attacking you. It's the standard response in this country to ANYTHING to do with negativity, constructive criticism, or just straight personal preference. I've been asked if I like thai food and given the "Why you come Thailand? Why you not back you own country" line after answering that it wasn't my favorite kind of food... How f*cking RETARDED is that? I guess one of the conditions for accepting a visa to Thailand is that a farang must love EVERYTHING about this country. I can understand someone sitting there pissing on and on about everything in Thailand being bad like an ineffectual loser and then telling said person so "piss off"... But using the "go home" line for something as simple as not liking thai food... Come on...!!!! Plus it just sounds stupid.

when i get the insipid question: are you married?

I like to answer No. And when they ask why not I tell them: I dont really like Thai people.

most of the time they dont get the joke and either ignore it and ask something else or they take a moment to collect themselves and ask why this is so.

every once in a while they laugh out loud. I love the encouragement

I like to answer No. And when they ask why not I tell them: I dont really like Thai people.

most of the time they dont get the joke and either ignore it and ask something else or they take a moment to collect themselves and ask why this is so.

That's pretty good. I might use that one in the future if you don't mind. :wink: I won't even bother mentioning my response to a Tuk-Tuk driver's "Where you go?" question while I'm loaded...

Come on BigKus, you can hardly say Thailands economic situation is fine, your government have buried their heads in the sand and are hoping the world recession will just pass them by...... it won't, and the longer they leave it the worse it will be.

Tourism numbers are down.

The Kings 80+

All of these factors contribute to a dark few years to come.

It effects me because I own property, a business and a life here.

That's pretty good. I might use that one in the future if you don't mind. :wink: I won't even bother mentioning my response to a Tuk-Tuk driver's "Where you go?" question while I'm loaded...

it works best if you do it in Thai language. they stop dead in their tracks.

keu... pom mai keui chop kon thai.

When you mention someone's skin colour in a derogatory way to me that is racism but hey, what do I know!

As I sad before bigKus, I am genuinely interested in your opinion as long as you have something worthwhile to say instead of just going in there with all guns blazing, with no intention of bringing anything of substance to the thread.

Come on BigKus, you can hardly say Thailands economic situation is fine, your government have buried their heads in the sand and are hoping the world recession will just pass them by...... it won't, and the longer they leave it the worse it will be.

The Kings 80+

Yes. But on a side note, you ARE a farang... And none of these things should concern you according to the "Tao of BigKus on Fat Whiteys"... :wink: As she said, it's HER country...

The Kings 80+

Yes. But on a side note, you ARE a farang... And none of these things should concern you according to the "Tao of BigKus on Fat Whiteys"... :wink: As she said, it's HER country...

People shouting about 'their' country make me feel sick.

Its NOT your country, its everyones, its land, mud and soil, its owned by no one.

I can't stand flag waving nut jobs.

I even ignore TV news nowadays, too much headache if I follow everything.. It makes me depressed and stressed out.

I just know in detail from here about this.. I heard a bit when I turned telly on few hours ago.

One of the things that depresses me is the lack of interest in and critique of the political process. Sure everyone knows the political personalities, this is the country where the cult of personalities prevails after all, but few seem to really have a sense of engagement with the political process and the importance of independent state intitutions (eg. attempts to compromise the BOT).

Fairly sad given the rich history of community politics in thailand and the diversity of civil society orgs. There has been some change with a surge of interest in the last 8 months but then the attention span is short and the engagement brief. And most punters are being subjected to Machiavallian style polarised political games.

Compare this to the activism of 20 or 35 years ago. The concerns about who is in charge may be just as great as back then, those in power are just are not in uniform now, but they are just as thuggish, self interested and motivated by money grabbing politics. Bleeding the state coffers dry to repay their electoral 'debts' and build their own power base for the future.

Most seem more interested in watching the daily soaps and coverting a new mobile. Such apathy is not unique to Thailand of course. However, given that the current political power struggle taking place now will be going on for years and will only most likely intensify, then increased engagement and ownership of the political process now may avoid a more divisive and potentially violent power struggle in the future.

A good dose of widespread, community based civic education seems well overdue. (The obvious is that would undermine the established political power bases.)

I even ignore TV news nowadays, too much headache if I follow everything.. It makes me depressed and stressed out.

I just know in detail from here about this.. I heard a bit when I turned telly on few hours ago.

One of the things that depresses me is the lack of interest in and critique of the political process. Sure everyone knows the political personalities, this is the country where the cult of personalities prevails after all, but few seem to really have a sense of engagement with the political process and the importance of independent state intitutions (eg. attempts to compromise the BOT).

Fairly sad given the rich history of community politics in thailand and the diversity of civil society orgs. There has been some change with a surge of interest in the last 8 months but then the attention span is short and the engagement brief. And most punters are being subjected to Machiavallian style polarised political games.

Compare this to the activism of 20 or 35 years ago. The concerns about who is in charge may be just as great as back then, those in power are just are not in uniform now, but they are just as thuggish, self interested and motivated by money grabbing politics. Bleeding the state coffers dry to repay their electoral 'debts' and build their own power base for the future.

Most seem more interested in watching the daily soaps and coverting a new mobile. Such apathy is not unique to Thailand of course. However, given that the current political power struggle taking place now will be going on for years and will only most likely intensify, then increased engagement and ownership of the political process now may avoid a more divisive and potentially violent power struggle in the future.

A good dose of widespread, community based civic education seems well overdue. (The obvious is that would undermine the established political power bases.)

Logical. Rational. And yes, could be depressing too. But in a country where most people learn by rote, rather than analysis, reason, rational debate or any deep thinking...and ONLY just to pass or get to next level to get a job.... and then they will promptly forget everything they learnt... its perhaps a bit of a stretch to now expect those same people to start analyzing, debating and thinking about the current situation. Most people will shrug their shoulders and say "what can I do?... Its not my problem."

Logical. Rational. And yes, could be depressing too. But in a country where most people learn by rote, rather than analysis, reason, rational debate or any deep thinking...and ONLY just to pass or get to next level to get a job.... and then they will promptly forget everything they learnt... its perhaps a bit of a stretch to now expect those same people to start analyzing, debating and thinking about the current situation. Most people will shrug their shoulders and say "what can I do?... Its not my problem."

And to be honest, do the majority of thai political/social elites WANT the poorer classes to start thinking? I highly doubt it...

Logical. Rational. And yes, could be depressing too. But in a country where most people learn by rote, rather than analysis, reason, rational debate or any deep thinking...

I ain't selling my country !! and agree with what Beej said.. This country is everyone's and I have seen foreigners who love Thailand as much as Thais do and even care more than Thais anyway...

and ONLY just to pass or get to next level to get a job.... and then they will promptly forget everything they learnt... its perhaps a bit of a stretch to now expect those same people to start analyzing, debating and thinking about the current situation. Most people will shrug their shoulders and say "what can I do?... Its not my problem."

This reminds me of those ppl who give service with no smiles on their faces, 7/11 cashiers who were there to just make money and turn their backs on you when saying 'sawatdee kha/khrap'..and some government officers who think they can eat other ppl by looking at them !!! I have no doubt why sometimes I hear them complain about their 'fate' !!!!!!!

Sorry..I'm thai but thats true !!!

This reminds me of those ppl who give service with no smiles on their faces, 7/11 cashiers who were there to just make money and turn their backs on you when saying 'sawatdee kha/khrap'..and some government officers who think they can eat other ppl by looking at them !!! I have no doubt why sometimes I hear them complain about their 'fate' !!!!!!!

I don't think I'd be handing out "service with a smile" if I was making 20 baht an hour... Of course, that's part of the problem with the thai social/political/economic elite ******* over the poorer classes so they can take their far beyond "proportional" share of the profit. :wink:

I don't think I'd be handing out "service with a smile" if I was making 20 baht an hour... Of course, that's part of the problem with the thai social/political/economic elite f*cking over the poorer classes so they can take their far beyond "proportional" share of the profit. :wink:

Well Matt, I could be wrong that Im taught to do things whole hearted !!! My grandmother taught me to do my best in every freaking single things !! washing dishes, being a cashier, mopping the floor...for its all important no matter what you do or who you are..

My new building wont be done without those workers and though they get less than me doesnt mean that they are not important.

I might be wrong...shall blame my grandma who's in the tomb now ?

I don't think I'd be handing out "service with a smile" if I was making 20 baht an hour... Of course, that's part of the problem with the thai social/political/economic elite f*cking over the poorer classes so they can take their far beyond "proportional" share of the profit. :wink:

but ignorance is almost bliss right?

Well, that's true... They should probably smile and revel in the fact that they CAN make 60 cents per hour because the company can just let them go and hire any of several million people with undergrad degrees to operate the cash register or restock fish snacks...

Well Matt, I could be wrong that Im taught to do things whole hearted !!! My grandmother taught me to do my best in every freaking single things !! washing dishes, being a cashier, mopping the floor...for its all important no matter what you do or who you are..

My new building wont be done without those workers and though they get less than me doesnt mean that they are not important.

I might be wrong...shall blame my grandma who's in the tomb now ?

Nope. No need to blame granny. I take my job VERY seriously. I appreciate the thais I work with even though they make about a tenth of what I do. The point isn't whether I value employees regardless of social class and income level. The point is that the OWNERS of said companies don't value their thai employees at ALL... Does 7/11 give a toss if a cashier is unhappy with their salary? Doubt it. They can go out and hire from a HUGE pool of people. There's a large supply of employees for many of these jobs, so there's no need to raise benefits OR salaries.

The Kings 80+

I didnt say everything going fine here either !

But what could we do ? maoning? complain ? ranting over ? What would make Thailand better doing that ? Its not only you that have been effected !

Instead of telling me calm a f*cking sh*t down.. you better tell your farang friends that.