: INTUITION :

PeeMarc

Seems like most people (here) believe in their own intuition. Just curious though, was there a time, when you did what your gut feeling told you to do, results came out to be something negative you didnt expect?

Anyone wanna share at all?

people get very protective of their 'intuitions' if they believe in them and use them. Thats why we are all 'geniuses in hindsight' when we say "oh! I knew that would happen!". Yeah, a few times my intuition has led me down a wrong way. But then, dont we then blame another thing? We still 'hope' our intuition is ok in future, even if its been wrong a few times. Perhaps then, intuition is just some kind of mind trick we play on ourselves, and isnt real at all.

I feel that "intuition" is nothing supernatural or in any way linked with a "spirit" in ourselves - this is simply because there is absolutely no hard proof of the existence of anything supernatural at all - never has been one shred of evidence that withstands scientific enquiry and real observation.

I tend to think that "intuition" is therefore unlikely to be linked to or caused by any spooky spirit intervention - I think it is most likely just the workings of our subconcious mind processing information that we may or may not know we have available - things half forgotten that may have a bearing on the current situation.

The subconcious mind may be processing little cues and working on data that we have not realised we have, and then presents the results as a sense that we have to make a decision in a particular way.

When we go against this "inner voice", we often times find that we have made a wrong decision, and too late realise that we actually had all the data that would have allowed a more appropriate response.

Thats the "Oh Damn it! I KNEW I should...."