Best Video Camera

English_George

Hello,

Does anybody have any good suggestions about any video cameras on the market at the moment?

Not too expensive, but would rather pay a little bit more for better specs.

Not looking for the cheapest or most expensive, rather some info from somebody who has used several and can compare.

I have links, so don't need any links, just a few models and their best possible price.

Have you looked at the Xacti cameras from Sanyo? I've got a Xacti HD2000 - I think it's very good for the money.

It can shoot in full HD (1920x1080) progressive or interlaced at 60fps and there are a number of other lower-res settings too. It records directly to SD (up to 32GB) so it's very small and can actually fit in a pocket. It also shoots 8 meg stills and can shoot stills at the same time as recording with no lag.

It's slightly unstable due to it's size but I screw it to the top of my tripod centre bar with a spigot and screw the head on to the bottom which gives it plenty of stability.

My last journal entry was shot using this camera and encoded to WMV at 1280x720 (25fps)

I think I paid around £400 for it and about £10 each for some 8gb SD cards.

The panasonic HS and TM range seem to be stealing all the awards lately... Very good anti shake and can go fairly wide unlike other cams in the same class.

They are pretty sleek looking and have the Leica optics which is proving a real winner for their Lumix camera range.. You also might want to consider one of the lumix photo cameras because they also have stunning HD video on the higher end models, then you have the best of both worlds... it's also a cheaper option but not as many features regarding video.