Bringing a dog to Thailand

Down2Earth

Question

8 answers to this question

There's a fee you need to pay the airline in order to bring a dog back to thailand. Usually goes from $75 to $150. (Just like you buy the airplane tickets for the dog.) It's important that you called the airline and let them know that you will be bringing a dog in advanced.

Then you need to take your dog to the vet about 15 days before your depearture - to get the certified paper from the veterinarian stating that your dog is healthy and has no disease.

You might be able to bring the dog on boarding INSIDE the cabin. Now this depends on the size of the dog If the dog is less than 10 Kgs. If larger than that, the dog will be loaded with your luggage. The kennel for the dog MUST be airline certified, I recommended the soft-carrier bag for inside the cabin and the strong plastic kennel for larger dog.

You should prepare enough pet food and water for the entire trip. And if you bring the dog inside the cabin, try to choose the flight with many connections, so your dog can have time off (the airplane) and get to walk while you are waiting for the next connection.

Any other questions, please PM me....

After bringing my dog back and forth several times, she did better in the airplane than me..... :D