New iPhone App for Learning Thai: Thai Language Hostess

admin

It's funny to see the word 'phom' which is for a man but the pic is a pretty lady. Even if she's a ladyboy, she must use the word 'chan' instead of 'phom' hahaha :lol:.

For the word 'thung' sometimes it refer to 'condom' ;).

Edited by Sasie

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do not agree with the transcription though, but if she say the sentence then it should be possible to hear the difference from what is written

ยัง in my world gives yang, not yung and

โสด written as "sot" makes it too short, it need to be long o, problem is that oo is a different sound more like u, so I would write โสด like so ot

ขอ aaw ang (อ) normally don't sound, it a helper so in case ขอ I would say khaaw where as "kho" look a lot like "island" koh Chang, koh Samui - and the girl in 7-11 is not going to get it if You say koh for "may I have/ask for", that might explain why a lot of farang get married to girls from 7-11, they think he invite them to some romantic getaway on a deserted island... But actually he just ask for a bag to put his bags in ?

If You want to use kho, then at least add an r khor... as the aaw sound a lot like the word "or" in english...

That is another thing and maybe a bit off the track here, I see a lot of "falang" even You hear "falang" it is not how it is spelled, it spells ฝรั่ง - faaw faa raaw reua mai han agard mai aek ngaaw nguu... this is actually only part of the story, because half is hidden between the letters but still no "L" sound...

.just my 10 satang...