daily predictor

frankenburner2

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we've reached the semis and ppl seem to have lost interest !! anyway predictions for tonight...

germany 2-1 italy

portugal 1-3 france

dreading the possibilty of an italy portugal final !!

dito.

but....in a perfect world..germany and france both would win by 5 or 6 goals! neither italy nor portugal deserve to be there...cheating twats!

germany 0-0 italy, germany 4-2 PK win. italy will be dull and germany won't have space to operate. it'll be painfully boring to watch. but justce will be served, as all that striker-y stuff that klinsi's boys have been practicing pay off and they send italy home after making their first four pks.

france 1-0 portugal. the days of more than one goal per game are probably over this late in the tournament. france are looking like a team of destiny though, whereas portugal are looking like a team of crafty ploys (and some talent as well).

tough to call the final--germany at home, whoa. but i think france just may be the team of destiny... at any rate, a germany-france final should be quite enjoyable even if it goes to pks after 0-0 draw.

ahhh crap!

brucie dear you've been using this new stock phrase about one whole day and it's already really, really tired.

actually....if you check the time codes...i used it about 15 times last night, all in about a 5 minute span, right after italy won......other than that, i try to use in relative moderation....

tonight: france will beat portugal...returns to prayers...

at the half:

newfound respect for France 1 : attempted portuguese dive 0

fulltime:

ahhhh crap!

no!...wait!....France won? portugal didn't manage a last minute dive to tie it up? (in spite of have two players attempt a dive at the same time on the same play in the 75th minute) the team I was cheering for actually won?.....i need a drink!

now i'm not sayin' miss thierry flopped, just that maybe, just maybe, had he not been in the area, he might not have fallen, arms akimbo upon choosing to stumble over the defender's leg... some justice in that though.

they'll need it against italy, the supporting cast of the zizou show wasn't so hot except for theirry's emmy-winning performance.

italy 1-0 france. i'd love to say france can, and will, beat italy. they'll have to look a whole lot different than they dd last night (except for zidane's dance moves). italy withstood the best attack in the tournament already (that'd be klinsi's boys).

germany 2-1 portugal talk trash all you want about portugal and their theatrics, but they're good. besides, neither england nor holland will be given a nobel peace prize for their performances vs portugal (piss and moan all you want about cheating but fi you cheat too, your pissings are mere gamesmanship).

maybe a bit sentimental here--klinsi's the best manager of this tournament, pure class (hard to believe that once upon a time he was a better diver than greg louganis).

let's all just hope thierry's got one more convincing dive in him....

at least there was actual contact with caravalo's raised foot!...not an actual dive....more of a flop...

it's still a dive just not a cardable one. he sacrificed his dignity (second time he's done so) in hopes of a PK. but what the hell, it worked.

can't blame the players for trying to exploit the rules, really. stakes is high ya know?

and the refs have instructions to enforce the rules stringently when it comes to harrasing 'skill' players. it sounded like a good idea before the cup but the net result is the best players are diving, flopping, begging for cards to be given, and generally looking like pissy little brats. can't blame the brats though. in their position i could live with "he won the world cup, but he dove." and i suspect if most people were honest with themselves they'd admit they'd live with it too. (either that or they never played sports).

Well my predictions for last two games

Germany 2 - 1 Portugal Will be very tough game. Both teams are very strong but I hope Germans will be more lucky and also they will have 12th player, which is very important. Looking to see good performance from Podolsky,as already best young player.

Italy 0 - 1 France I am with France here. I think France deserve to win cos they have reached the final the hard way, after beating Spain, Brazil and Portugal and Italians to they way to final have beaten Australia (playing with referee as 12th player:) ), Ukraine and Germany. I hope Zidan and Henry will play their best game at this WC.

wow...I actually had germany winning 3-1...cool....but i digreess.....

so..we got this plan to leave the bar around 1 and go to a friends place to watch the game....having too much fun..chris didn't want to go...fine....drag pong out the club at 1 am, find a taxi...make our way home...paying special attention to the route he takes...for some reason, they always try to go round the long way.....not this time ha!...right...so we get home...pong falls asleep right away..but i reheat some pizza and settle in to watch what i hope will be a 3 or 4 goal pounding of portugal...eat my slice....pass out.....damn!

so how was the game?

PENALTY!

wow that makes it interesting.

one of two things will happen, both good:

france will win.

italy will have to attack rather than sitting back in their own area trying to bore france, and we viewers, to death.

guess again.

oh well...it's over....didn't really enjoy this world cup as much as I have past world cups.....anway...somebody please lock this thread.....for 4 years....g'nite!