remember when?

s1lv3rtwenty2

I will soon have been a member here at TF for year. And not that this means anything, but I thought I?d throw out some of my memories. TF has changed quite a bit since I first joined, some for the good and some for the bad. Some times I do get bored with it and wonder why I keep signing in, but then I remind myself that I am not as lucky as many of you?as you get to live the experience that is Thailand on a daily basis. So I guess I keep coming back as TF is my only way to informally discover more about Thailand and its people (and my fellow crazy farangs). In that spirit, I ask if you remember (in no particular order) the following about the past year here at TF:

Do you remember when?

?you actually read all the journals and forums?

?most of the journals and forums were actually worth reading?

?Kitty and Tham always left a nice comment in almost every journal or forum?

?Tammy_Kawaii started almost every forum thread?

?you would move from a Newbie to a Junior Member based on your number of forum posts?

?Slurms always left the most controversial comments (with all the wackos out there now, he actually seems tame in comparison)?

?all the girls raved about how cute and young John was/is (they still do)?

?Slurms continuously called Sarpendon ?gay? and Sarp finally got mad about it?

?you would refer to ?TC? and everyone automatically knew you were talking about the coolest guy on the site (AsnLvr)?

?you thought Bobbyboy112003 must be the most polite guy on the planet (and he actually is)?

?Atomic_Flower wrote a journal everyday?and it made you think?

?Babybarbiebangkok was the top vote receiver everyday?

?some guy named Sunnyboy would always be the first to leave a testimonial on a cute girl?s profile asking for ?kisses? (I never have met him?does anybody know him?)?

?everyone was excited about the first TF get-together/party?

?the guys were surprised to find out that all the girls (even non-premium members) could see who was voting them and checking out their profiles?

?PaulCollins and 2unique were single?

?Anny was shy?

?Apple fooled many guys with the fake profile Thebitchisback and many of them refused to believe it was fake even when faced with the proof (?But she is so cute and cool?how could she be fake??)?

?-Beetiful- was AnAngelface (actually, she still is)?

?Jess and Gin were members?

?Ling_Dtua_Khaao, ThaiNymph, Buffology, and Butthead were active members?

?Onlynx got in a forum spat with some guy who kept calling him ?Red??

?you never understood what Vodkaholik was talking about (actually, I still don?t)?

?you could actually search through every girl who was a member of this site?

?Athaigirl (Amber) rocked TF by posting nude pics of herself?

?guys would complain that Emmy wouldn?t respond to their messages (come on, if you looked like her, would you respond to you?!)?

?you actually enjoyed revealing fake profiles (there are so many of them and they are so obvious now, it?s not worth the effort)?

?people would get upset when someone voted them less than 5 stars?

Okay, that?s all I have off the top of my head. If you have anymore ?remember when?s? please feel free to add them.

?all the girls raved about how cute and young John was/is (they still do)?

lol, doubt it now.. since there are more cute males to choose from (not trying to be gay or anything).

Since i first signed on, back when TF opened.. a LOT of things have changed. Including new features (great work Admin!), cool new members (keep 'em coming) and the unforgettable moments like you've mentioned Lyle :) The TF community as a whole is just great (we're a big family now 8) )

Slvr22, what a memory you have. I remember all those things with the exception of me being the coolest guy :P Let's see, you haven't left much for me to include, but here's a couple:

Remember when Jessie and Gin rocked the site with their controversial journal and were band.

- Chat consisted of members inviting other member to join thru MSN, eventually leading to the development of chat groups by Ling and Thaibeast in MSN and Yahoo

Well if I remember more I'll return and jot them down.

Hey Lyle, great topic!

I was thinking about this last week and remembering some things.

1. I remember Tammy would highjack me as soon as I signed onto msn (cause we had no TF chat at the time. She would gather alot of TFers in msn and have a TF chat lol...good job Tammy

2. Yeah, I use to love Atomicflowers journals. She is one of the best TFers i've ever known and we use to talk quite a bit. Will she have time to journalize TF again?? :D

3. Ling use to be a real active member also. I really miss his sarcasm lol He was the first one to help me when I made mistakes like calling myself krup hahaha. He was always there to help anyone that needed help...where are you Ling?

4. I had some great fun with Jessie and Gin and miss them alot on TF!

You know, come to think of it, I really don't speak much anymore with original TFers except PaulCollins, Tammy and Atomicflower I think. Some are gone or just aren't active anymore...wonder where TF will be in 5 years??

I remember almost all of what you said Lyle and miss the ppl that you mentioned....where are they???? I'm sure that I have many more memories from the old TF, just have to think a bit. These were just some thoughts I had last week so I decided to post them when I read the topic.

I agree that we were a tighter nit group, but that was because we had alot less members. I have made some really good friends and am still making more (I love it!!!!).

Thanks for the thread Lyle and CONGRATULATIONS on your one year!!

Bobby

p.s. Thanks for the nicest guy comment Lyle, you'll get your money on Tuesday my friend 8)

It was actually most polite guy, not nicest. To properly examine this distinction, lets take things down to the lab!

Example 1 - Hi there, how are you? Hope you're having a great day!

This statement is both nice, and polite

Ex. 2 - Would you **** off?

This statement is neither nice, nor polite.

Ex. 3 - Howdy! Looks like yer kinda screwed! Y'all need a hand pulling yer four by outta the ditch?

This statement is nice, but not terribly polite.

Ex. 4 - In the matter of removing your head from your rectal opening, I offer my most sincere and heartfelt assistance.

This statement is polite, but not terribly nice.

So, seems you've earned a dubious distinction here bobby, but if you wanna fight anyone, I've got your back :wink:

(Note to users, The above statement is sarcasm, and in no way should be constued to impeach the good reputation of bobbyboyabunchofnumbers. He is truly a saint, and i like him very much) :D

I agree with you Slurms.

Even if I joined only in May 2004, I noticed things have changed.

First, the numbers. The community is getting larger, as the door is open to all, and first comers may feel that TF is less theirs than it was. That is understandable, and was predictable I think.

Second, I find the biggest change is that there is more and more childish stuff being posted than 6 months ago, and there is a larger number of TFers who seem to derive pride in lashing at others and being disrespectful. The average quality of debates has gone down, and attacks are more puerile or vicious. Hopefully, friendships developed through TF will survive.

Happy Birthday TF, and thanks to all those who wish to continue to make it a nice place to meet.

sure i do remember.

what i see in there is that, the old community we had was a well-composed community where each member represented certain important ingredient in becoming a community.

the scale of it was small so we have quite a bit of space and time to observe and appreciate each other. and sometimes for those antagonists (which were also important in forming a society), we still enjoyed having them to sublimate ourselves and to balance out all the angelic fleas that were flying. bad guys also helped the community become stronger. you know that well...

now TFs becomes huge. so, in order for an individual to remain the old senses of TFs, a member is somewhat forced to be selective if s/he wants to have a more of quality friendship. but same as in real world, we always get to know new ppl, and time will tell us more.

i feel that it's become more of communities within communities, which in fact, it has been since the very beginning but it just seems to be more these days.

miss ya!

I remember holding my breath in anticipation until i finally got a reply out of babe_cutiee_pie (and another 2 months before i got her yahoo id!)

I remember the thing i looked forawd to most logging onto tf was the football forums where sarps and englishman_bkk would keep us going for a whole week about speculation and hopes being dashed

I remember the first time the triangle of evil was complete ;)

I remember the anticipation and nerves of meeting tf ppl en-mass and hoping i wouldn't **** my pants and forget thier names (real ones not net ones!)

I remember Tham & P'Jane used to get my mind going with their journals

I remember when everyone wasn't so friggin politically correct and spoke their minds with little regard to how other people (ie. TF chics) would view them

I remember when bellabella was the coolest big sister you could ask for

I remember Gin and if you don't remember her don't worry you won't get it

I remember thiniking man this Slurms guy sure needs to be committed but now actually want to have a beer with him!

I remember the first massive chat session in yahoo that Thaibeast started pre-chat room days.

So many memories, so little time, so much has changed, so much has stayed the same, some good some bad but its almost been like watching something grow up and mature. who knows what's in store and wondering who'll still be here to find out?

~*~ Good job Lyle~ Best we ever had!! :!: ...Happy Anniversary TFers!! :D

Well...

I remember - "s1lv3rtwenty2" always have a dolphin pic on his profile and never take down eh? and Lyle has been sent me messages and we're keep sending message to each other 'till now..he's very kind to me and he always my good friend.Thanks Lyle ~ You're very generous and happy Anniversary! 8)

I remember - "happygetty" and "sneaky_cat" were my first girlie friends from here and finally we met first time at Korean resturant in Silom area like a pure girls's party and it was me,my sis(Erotik_Doll),Get(happpygetty) and Da (sneaky_cat)....Well, I missed that night tho. :)

I remember - "winny_peepo" was the next friend that I've met and we are become good friends and our friendship still be continue..But I tell you what... she is absolutely insane! :twisted:

I remember - "WanderingKev" was my lovely,funny,smart and very thoughtful friend and we've chatted almost every day ..then our relationship developed into so much more and more..and now what he is to me?..I guess many of you know so! :wink:

I remember - "paulcollins" has been sent me a message and told me he recognised me and my sis from Linkin Park concert and afterward I and my sis met Paul and Tammy_kawaii by chance..

I remember - "Emmy" was my lovely friend whom always sent message to me everytime when she loged on TF and tell me to go to joined TF chat room..well, I came to chat there at the first time because of her actually.. it was so much fun...And I am sure we all here still miss her tho.

Ermmm...what else? :roll: ~ I need coffee!! :idea: :P ~*~