The 'Official' 2006 Ashes Thread...

MichaelGray

Gotta keep the crowds coming some how!

Should be a better game to watch now its alive!

YEP!!! the way Warne was bowling to Pedro was really getting the crowds flocking in huh!!!

You just cant beat seeing the worlds 'BEST' bowler clutching at straws and having to bowl sooo defensive as to aim for the wee bit of rough!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEP!!! the way Warne was bowling to Pedro was really getting the crowds flocking in huh!!!

You just cant beat seeing the worlds 'BEST' bowler clutching at straws and having to bowl sooo defensive as to aim for the wee bit of rough!!

Yeah I agree he was trying to frustrate him out rather than use his brains. His record speaks for itself that he is a better bowler than that.

Kind of like the English bowlers now, they thought the Aussies would be all out before lunch today with 3 wickets early, silly silly. So at 3 for 236 the "GREAT" English bowlers gave up altogether and resorted to using Pieterson (who has captured the great total of "1" wicket in his Test career).

Yeah I agree he was trying to frustrate him out rather than use his brains. His record speaks for itself that he is a better bowler than that.

Kind of like the English bowlers now, they thought the Aussies would be all out before lunch today with 3 wickets early, silly silly. So at 3 for 236 the "GREAT" English bowlers gave up altogether and resorted to using Pieterson (who has captured the great total of "1" wicket in his Test career).

Ashley (butter fingers) Giles dropped Ponting (not an easy catch) and what do you think he said when Ponting made his 100 f%#& not a happy chap. lol lol

Well Euan my friend perhaps it is a good that you're more astute than others. You didn't jump on the bandwagon like others with the 1st Innings high score, (which the Aussies got except for 30 odd runs anyway).

Here this morning at 4 for 70, the last 3 top order batsmen falling for 14, uhuh 14, (with Warney producing another remarkable ball to dismiss Pieterson around his legs) it will be a tough day batting.

A draw seems the result but 2 more quick wickets before lunch and that paltry 100 run lead so far wont be enough for the Aussies to go 2-0.

Well Euan my friend perhaps it is a good that you're more astute than others. You didn't jump on the bandwagon like others with the 1st Innings high score, (which the Aussies got except for 30 odd runs anyway).

Here this morning at 4 for 70, the last 3 top order batsmen falling for 14, uhuh 14, (with Warney producing another remarkable ball to dismiss Pieterson around his legs) it will be a tough day batting.

A draw seems the result but 2 more quick wickets before lunch and that paltry 100 run lead so far wont be enough for the Aussies to go 2-0.

Oh i wondered how long it would take lol.......19 runs in 90 mins!! at less than one an over makes staying up till 2am really worth while...Ohhhh yes NOT

Mind you at least its not turned out to be a boring draw.

Well the fat lady isn?t singing yet but she?s warming up her arias

Run rate for an Australian win is climbing

We need England out in the next 4 or 5 overs then it?s game on

Would there be a final twist if Australia lose too many wickets too quickly going for the win :shock:

Excellent game

Well the fat lady isn?t singing yet but she?s warming up her arias

Run rate for an Australian win is climbing

We need England out in the next 4 or 5 overs then it?s game on

Would there be a final twist if Australia lose too many wickets too quickly going for the win :shock:

Excellent game

Yes mate my thinking also. Frankly I would rather see the Aussies go for it and hit out, [lay as a one dayer!! If they lose in the effort then sh** happens, good luck to the POMS, but it would sure make for an exciting afternoon.

Did I see an English post come and go? :roll:

24.6 Flintoff to Clarke, 7 runs, this time Clarke finds the gap to Pietersen's right and Hoggard chases ... he throws to Pietersen who then flings the ball at the striker's stumps ... the ball hits the stumps and from there to the boundary. What on earth was he thinking of ... there was no chance of a run-out