The 'Official' 2006 Ashes Thread...

MichaelGray

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fourth Test, Melbourne:

Australia v England

A world record crowd of 100,000 is expected on the opening day.

Can England stave off the first Ashes whitewash since 1920/21 :?: Someohow I doubt it. :(

Yes Michael I would have to agree but it's cricket and anything can happen the pitch has abit of grass on it and it should seam around a little in the morning session and then settle to be a good batting pitch although it was raining today hope it did not get wet, and it may rain alittle tomorrow not enough to stop play for to long!!!!

My prediction for warnie's 700 wicket his mate Kevin Pieterson!!!!!!

And all Freddie Flintoff wanted for Christmas is a win!!!! He may have to wait!!!

Congratulations to Shane Warne on his 700th test wicket (Andrew Strauss)

117 for 4 at Tea

I?d say England?s chances depend on how long Pietersen and Flintoff can last today

Or?pray for rain but that would be a lousy way to achieve a draw

It's now 8 for 145 as I live 25 mins from the ground it ain't gonna rain tonite (tomorrow is a different day) The english bowlers should do well when they bowl !!!!

Watching the game today all I could think of was how much the English are looking forward to that flight home.

...wich is exactly the opposite of how we feel about YOUR return flight home

LMAO I guess you finally got me for you not having a comeback last week.

Ok no more about the Ashes except to congratulate Warney today on his 700th wicket, oh and his 701st, and his 702nd, and his 703rd and um his 704th..............................

And the cricket goes on 90000 people yesterday.Not many Barmy Army left!

I tried to get tickets for the 5th test and the guy looked at me like I was asking if I could have his kidneys.

I believe this series will take the record for the highest attendance of a series ever, and why shouldn't it, with it being an Ashes series, Warney retiring and trying to capture his 700th wicket, Gilly and McGrath probably retiring as well, oh and the minor thing with Aussies belting the shitt** out of the POMS on our home grounds.

I sure have enjoyed it, but for some reason my mates from the Ol Dart haven't enjoyed it as much :?

We're letting you have this series before the 10 years of dominance we will experience following the retirement of half your team! 8)

You got to admire optimism lol. The 2nd most sucessfull spinner in first class cricket behind Warney is a guy called Stuart McGill, he is an Aussie. The quick regarded as 2nd only to MacGrath is a guy named Clark, he is also an Aussie. As for Gilly wicket keeper/batsman, gosh which of the 5 shall I nominate.

I think we should be ok.

I can imagine what the English newspapers have to say about the 4th Test thus far. Or maybe they don't give a shi* anymore?

Hey Mike they will be saying symonds get's his first 100 and at 5 for 84 there was a glimmer of hope for flintoff's team, they just have not got the knockout punch.( the english paper's (tabloids) are only worth buying for page 3)otherwise they would't sell

I can imagine what the English newspapers have to say about the 4th Test thus far. Or maybe they don't give a shi* anymore?

Hey Mike they will be saying symonds get's his first 100 and at 5 for 84 there was a glimmer of hope for flintoff's team, they just have not got the knockout punch.( the english paper's (tabloids) are only worth buying for page 3)otherwise they would't sell

You're right Dave, the glaring difference, players and guts aside, between the 2 sides, is when the Aussies have a bad session or two, they dig in and recover, whereas the POMS continue to go to pieces.

BJ I reckon they are spending their time in church these days praying for rain.

Just when you think all was lost!!........RULE BRITANNIA and get it right up all you Aussies lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tms/2006/12/beard_of_the_year.shtml

Sorry I cant be arsed up-loading the link to photobucket but........beard of the year!! You know it makes sense..

DAMM that link is wrong. Monty won the award......Who needs the Ashes!!