Culture Shock in Thailand

danny_blueeyes

Living in a foreign country often means being surprised and shocked by the foreign culture. What are some of the things you find strange or shocking in Thailand?

The thing that surprised me the most was going to the toilet at the afterhours bar/seafood restaurant on Ratchada Soi 6. No sooner had I unbuttoned my fly and started releiving myself at the urinal, when a guy came behind me and started massaging my neck and shoulders. No offence to any Thais, but personally the LAST thing I want when taking a piss is some guy touching me! Needless to say, I used the stalls from then on at that establishment.

What are some of the things you find strange or shocking in Thailand?

Thailand seems to have more stupid falangs per square foot than any otter country I've been to (excludes you of course Danny ole' son). They get a gal who then proceeds to swindle them outta all their money ouuta... then in desparation they chuck themselves off the tallest building they can find in Pattaya. :D ***.

Thailand seems to have more stupid falangs per square foot than any otter country I've been to (excludes you of course Danny ole' son). They get a gal who then proceeds to swindle them outta all their money ouuta... then in desparation they chuck themselves off the tallest building they can find in Pattaya. :D ***.

Must make u feel quite at home then.

Must make u feel quite at home then.

Ouch...

Thailand seems to have more stupid falangs per square foot than any otter country I've been to

so your'e saying countries with otters tend to attract smarter farrangs, according to your experience?

Otters :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought it was all about beavers

Thailand seems to have more stupid falangs per square foot than any otter country I've been to

so your'e saying countries with otters tend to attract smarter farrangs, according to your experience?

Otters :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought it was all about beavers

right then. by that theory, the farrangs in countries with otters must be some very dim bulbs indeed. either that or the farrangs here, being scarce and in demand, are subject to so little selection pressure that they can get by not knowing the difference between a beaver and an otter....

welcome to the shallow, stagnant tidepools of the gene pool!