Would you marry an (ex) prostitute?

R.Win

Yes. But the question posed at the beginning of the thread is would you marry an EX-prostitute.

i'd agree with admin's observation that "ex" is often temporary. also ex is in parentheses, which implies one could talk about active-duty hookers.

also i think it'd be useful to distinguish between the ones that have spent years in the Life from someone who'd accepted an "indecent proposal".

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a virgin. I've had lots and lots of sex with many partners sometimes more than one at a time. Should I expect the same indictment just coz I didn't get paid for it?

i want my money back ... u told me u were a virgin !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

So that was YOUR 20 baht lying on the side in the morning?

catfreak1.gif :arrow: Laugh.gif

Apart from the risk of HIV I remain unconcerned by how many partners a woman has had. I have a problem with common ground (other than we're not virgins) and trust and how much of what WE would have would be real...

She could find herself a nice manwhore who is ready to retire. There is another old saying someone for everyone. As for real do you know the stats on women who fake orgasms and how often :shock:

I have to skip the point of pros. & hooker.

But it heard many many pros. have her bf or husband and give him money.

Wot should he called "Hooker" "Maengda" or else?

That's so foul huh?

I'd say those guys be poor excuses for a pimp unless the guy isn't able to make money then I'd say Lord have mercy on him savvy?

I'd say those guys be poor excuses for a pimp unless the guy isn't able to make money then I'd say Lord have mercy on him savvy?

That is nothing unusual. Many bar girls have Thai BFs who take their cut from her earnings. Some guys have several bar girls at the same time.

I would expect to see the same thing happening in many male-dominated societies.

That is nothing unusual. Many bar girls have Thai BFs who take their cut from her earnings. Some guys have several bar girls at the same time.

I would expect to see the same thing happening in many male-dominated societies.

yup those f*ckheads are called loverboys (in dutch media anyways) and they should all die because those same guys force a girl to get into prostitution in the first place, they start out by acting like they're the perfect understanding loving type but when the time is right and there is no going back they force women to do whtever they want.

If the government would give liscence to kill papers to get rid of that kind of people I'd be first in line. An example in the past years made me so damn sick. A loverboy forced a girl who just wasn't too bright and a little retarded into it.

For the defence of the white agressor farang for once... loverboys are seldom gaucasian :idea:

I have to skip the point of pros. & hooker.

Wot should he called "Hooker" "Maengda" or else?

That's so foul huh?

if he's making money he's pimpin, if he's not he's a housepet.

Yes. But the question posed at the beginning of the thread is would you marry an EX-prostitute.

With any one with a sexual history in this town you'd be mad not to undertake some sort of test. Especially as us guys are notorious for sleeping with hookers :shock: That means you're sleeping with her past men, his past hookers and their past men and.... er where were we?

And i kinda took the question to mean you met them as a hooker, took them out of the life for what ever reason and then down the track (usually 2 weeks into the holiday) decided to marry them.

Well this is the problem with just about every discussion about prostitutes or sex workers on ThailandFriends.

When you say prostitute, bar girl, hooker, sex worker or whatever, people immediately have an image in their mind of what that is. Apart from the common denominator of selling sex for money, the (most likely) hundreds of thousands of women doing that in this country range from all classes, regions and backgrounds.

While there are some common patterns, the how and why of what got them into sex work, and its effect upon them as people, can vary widely.

Yet people here feel very comfortable and cock sure (pun not intended) in making statements about "prostitutes" meaning all of them.

In this case, Admin's image of what the EX prostitute is (the guy rescued her two weeks ago) may not be what the Original Poster is talking about or what I interpret it to be. It could just as easily be a guy who found out his fiancee worked in a bar for six months four years ago.

In my response, Zeus, it is irrelevant whether the EX is temporary or not, or whether she slept with 10,000 guys or one "indecent proposal."

We're saying the woman sold her body in the past. She is not selling it now. Admin is concerned about the possibility of her having HIV. A simple series of tests can resolve that.

And it doesn't matter whether she slept with 10,000 guys or one, if she's negative then she's negative and she's clean.

All other issues, such as the ex being temporary, are other issues which I was not addressing and which the statement I responded to was not addressing.

Admin's other concerns are his other concerns.

And anybody anywhere and their partners should get tested before messing around bareback.

Apart from the risk of HIV I remain unconcerned by how many partners a woman has had. I have a problem with common ground (other than we're not virgins) and trust and how much of what WE would have would be real...

She could find herself a nice manwhore who is ready to retire. There is another old saying someone for everyone. As for real do you know the stats on women who fake orgasms and how often :shock:

pssst I was talking about the love and romance not the sex

I mentioned love before a few times and no one responded. Just because she took money for sex doesn't mean she fakes love anymore then another girl who is trying to get you to want her. My point about love is and was if you fall in love it changes all this talk we are having here. Prostitutes can fall in love for real as much as anyone and I wonder why you doubt that?

....Ooooook, We're now on page 16. - and still no agreed definition of what "Ex-Prostitute" the poster is talking about. =)

However I came to conclude that:

1. A few people answered specifically whether or not they can marry and ex-prostitute. Most answered No and they gave a reason why they think they can't.

2. Those who tried to explain what prostitution and a prostitute is - never gave a concrete answer.

The question is Would You Marry An Ex-Prostitute....Which is answerable by Yes or No only. (or maybe - "I Think I Can") - soooo, why are those explaining what a prostitute is, can't give an answer?

Ok...carry on.

...Ooooook, We're now on page 16. - and still no agreed definition of what "Ex-Prostitute" the poster is talking about. =)

That's ok, let's go for the record of most pages instead, what's the old record? anyone?

KEEP 'EM COMIN' PEOPLE both bullsshiz an' relevant replies we're all friends here, I'm no racist :o

....Ooooook, We're now on page 16. - and still no agreed definition of what "Ex-Prostitute" the poster is talking about. =)

However I came to conclude that:

1. A few people answered specifically whether or not they can marry and ex-prostitute. Most answered No and they gave a reason why they think they can't.

2. Those who tried to explain what prostitution and a prostitute is - never gave a concrete answer.

The question is Would You Marry An Ex-Prostitute....Which is answerable by Yes or No only. (or maybe - "I Think I Can") - soooo, why are those explaining what a prostitute is, can't give an answer?

Ok...carry on.

Were you expecting anyone here to openly say they'd marry an ex-prostitute?

Plenty of guys married Thai prostitutes and ex-prostitutes.

Some even marry one hoping she'll be earning her share once they're back in farangland.

I didn't marry one (didn't find the right one I guess), but I can tell you that once you arrive in the embassy to apply for the family reunification visum they won't give a damn about whether you're a prostitute or not, ex or present, you'll be filling in the same form and they'll give you the same look.

Well, seriously, I know that no one will openly say that they want to marry or they did marry an ex-prostitute... I just find it a bit funny when some try to defend the "profession" but can't give an answer. I am sure there's one member here who married one - or planning to marry one....

Edit:

Ooops... I'm wrong - it's now the 17th page

I mentioned love before a few times and no one responded. Just because she took money for sex doesn't mean she fakes love anymore then another girl who is trying to get you to want her. My point about love is and was if you fall in love it changes all this talk we are having here. Prostitutes can fall in love for real as much as anyone and I wonder why you doubt that?

given the amount of acting involved with the job, especially in terms of feigning interest what is doubtworthy is whether the potential spouse could tell real love from faked love.

ONE MORE TIME: a prostitute is someone who engages in sexual intercourse for money. it's concrete, it's obvious, and it's in the freakin' dictionary.

already gave an answer. repeatedly. one more time, as apparently you missed it (repeatedly): no, not knowingly.

given the amount of acting involved with the job, especially in terms of feigning interest what is doubtworthy is whether the potential spouse could tell real love from faked love.

I haven't experienced the Thai street girl thing but I have heard. Perhaps a long engagement is in order :shock:

ONE MORE TIME: a prostitute is someone who engages in sexual intercourse for money. it's concrete, it's obvious, and it's in the freakin' dictionary.

already gave an answer. repeatedly. one more time, as apparently you missed it (repeatedly): no, not knowingly.

lol

haven't you heard that "people will only listen to what they want to"... :roll:

I KNOW what a prostitute is...but apparently, incase you haven't noticed, some people who responded to this post have other meaning or justify what a prostitute is.

You actually belong to the first group I mentioned (those who clearly stated their answer.)

Again, This wasn't for you. You made it clear in your first post that you won't marry a prostitute. =)

Had to edit my post... just figured out how to do these boxes quote thing.

I KNOW what a prostitute is...but apparently, incase you haven't noticed, some people who responded to this post have other meaning or justify what a prostitute is.

d'oh. right. the "if you have a job, you're a prostitute" crowd. well that's what you get for being subtle... i'm going to go bang my head on a concrete wall now, i expect it's thick enough to dent the wall...

d'oh. right. the "if you have a job, you're a prostitute" crowd. well that's what you get for being subtle... i'm going to go bang my head on a concrete wall now, i expect it's thick enough to dent the wall...

:wink:

I'm going to sleep now... When I wake up, I'm sure this thread will still be included in the Top 5 topics. - But, still, No one will admit they want, can, have and will marry an ex-prostitute. Nighty night.

:wink:

I'm going to sleep now... When I wake up, I'm sure this thread will still be included in the Top 5 topics. - But, still, No one will admit they want, can, have and will marry an ex-prostitute. Nighty night.

if marrying a prostitute includes a generous salary i'd consider it.