Sven's Fired

dannyboy

so it was nothing to do with Man City's failing in the league ... it was another NOTW sting !!! :D:D:D:D

Thakisn and Sven getting to know each other !!! :D

Thaksin3.jpg

3 million pound pay off .... no f**king way .... i'll just tell the Thai police u were a drug dealer !!! 8)

Thaksin2.jpg

and to all my thai supporters ....Franks for the memories ... and the billions of bhat U mugs !!!!

Thaksin1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

confirmed: Toxin is a **** with (big) ears.

no wait, we already knew that.

And a really bad haircut.

NO, really really bad haircut!

tsalking about bad haircuts from the 90s, mark hughes is being mentioned as Sven's successor:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/02/ufnhughes102.xml

To be fair though, he has also been linked with the Chelsea job as well.

I think With Thaksin in charge of City and the team he's got at Blackburn, IMO at this moment in time, Hughes would be crazy to leave Euwood Park for Manchester! In my eyes that's a step down.

confirmed: Toxin is a **** with (big) ears.

no wait, we already knew that.

And a really bad haircut.

NO, really really bad haircut!

tsalking about bad haircuts from the 90s, mark hughes is being mentioned as Sven's successor:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/02/ufnhughes102.xml

I think With Thaksin in charge of City and the team he's got at Blackburn, IMO at this moment in time, Hughes would be crazy to leave Euwood Park for Manchester! In my eyes that's a step down.

agree, but it seems toxin is prepared to spend big, and hughes feels he has reached his potential at b/burn. zico also being mentioned.

What happened to Grant? he'd still be the best of the realistic choices, IMO. although any manager with any sense would fear working for the Toxic Avenger.

they also mention allegations that siddy are signing Jo. a good call IMO, as would be Wagner Love.

having a Nike guy has its benefits. little ronaldo wouldn't have been a serious option without a Nike guy in the mix, id' imagine.

Hughes HAS done an ace job at Blackburn this year, i'd prefer him to Zico, but if Siddy are signing a half dozen samba boys then a manager who speaks portoguese is a plus.

incidentally, in my Football Manager 2008 game as siddy, i too signed a crapload of brazilians. won lots of pots and pans, siddy should hire *me*.

BREAKING NEWS: BLACKBURN GIVE CITY PERMISSION TO SPEAK WITH HUGHES

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~1322185,00.html

It shows you what I know about football, just heard it also on BBC radio.

I understand the history and bigger fan base at City, Hughes seems to me the kind of man who is his own boss. I honestly had him pegged as a future replacement for Fergie!

This is a hard one to judge, Sven really is a class-act and the way he has been treated must surely raise a warning flag to all prospective managers.

Hughes' tenure at siddy will tell whether toxie's gonna calm down a bit and get the hang of owning a football team (remember, romie was a loose cannon when he first took over the chelseviks).

i can see why toxie's potential for volatility doesn't faze hughes, given that sir alex won't be in the dugout too many more years and so hughes may have the opportunity (and desire) to cross town.

but if hughes has a decent season and the toxic avenger sends him packing, good luck to him in finding another quality manager who's willing to put up with his tantrums.

but if hughes has a decent season and the toxic avenger sends him packing, good luck to him in finding another quality manager who's willing to put up with his tantrums.

I couldn't imagine for an instant that any manager who wants any kind of autonomy in his decisions or thinks about anything other than his paypacket would take this job on.

Hughes isn't Sven, I reckon 2 months before he's up for assault.

i think toxin meddles less with the details of the footy than romie did/does. mainly because he knows less. the impression i get from the press and the rumor mill is that toxie just throws tantrums and fires people who don't win the prem on their first try. romie does that too but difference being he starts with a team that CAN win the prem on their first try.

i think it's worth giving hughes the benefit of the doubt. he's done impressively at blackburn. he may turn out to be quite competent. and sven did a great job and shouldn't have been sacked but still,he's not exactly gus hiddink is he.

I couldn't imagine for an instant that any manager who wants any kind of autonomy in his decisions or thinks about anything other than his paypacket would take this job on.

i think toxin meddles less with the details of the footy than romie did/does. mainly because he knows less. the impression i get from the press and the rumor mill is that toxie just throws tantrums and fires people who don't win the prem on their first try. romie does that too but difference being he starts with a team that CAN win the prem on their first try.

i think it's worth giving hughes the benefit of the doubt. he's done impressively at blackburn. he may turn out to be quite competent. and sven did a great job and shouldn't have been sacked but still,he's not exactly gus hiddink is he.

Disagree.

Honours alone at various clubs Sven is 20 compared to Hiddink's 12.

Sven has won League titles in 3 different countries compared to hiddink's titles with PSV in Holland. The only thing Hiddink is up on, is one champions league win compared to Sven being runner-up.

Apart from that, in European club football achievement, managerial honours and experience, IMO Sven is far superior to Gus Hiddink.

sven was a top club manager which was why he got the england job !!

results since he left would indicate it was the players who were not good enough and sven may even have over achieved !!!

sven was a top club manager which was why he got the england job !!

results since he left would indicate it was the players who were not good enough and sven may even have over achieved !!!

i would tend to agree, and would also say that the REASON they mailed it in the last 1/3 of the season was that TOXIE was meddling. notice there weren't any middlesfuckingborough 8 -1 siddy *before* the toxic avenger opened his pie hole.

that said, there's a chance hughes could do at least as well as sven. maybe he won't, but he's got a decent track record when it comes to doing a lot with a little.