F.A. Cup Final Today.

dannyboy

facup.jpg

A Brief History...

The Football Association Challenge Cup, commonly known as the FA Cup, is a knockout cup competition in English football, run by and named after The Football Association. The name "FA Cup" refers to the English men's tournament.

The FA Cup is the oldest football competition in the world, commencing in 1871?72. Because it involves clubs of all standards playing against each other there is the possibility for "minnows" or "Cinderella runs" from the lower divisions to become "giant-killers" by eliminating top clubs from the tournament, although lower division teams rarely reach the final. A record 731 teams were accepted into the FA Cup in 2007?08. In comparison, the League Cup can involve only the 72 members of The Football League (which organises that competition) and the 20 teams in the Premier League for a total of 92 eligible teams.

As well as being presented with the cup, the winning team also qualifies by right for the first round of the UEFA Cup, unless they have already qualified for Europe when the spot goes to the runners-up or to the highest placed Premier League side without European qualification.

Portsmouth vs Cardiff City today. 15.00 GMT.

Quite simple, 50/50 chance of picking a winner!

Portsmouth. ( I've had a change of heart)

thailand's GMT +7 if i'm not mistaken, so have your local somtam 'n' beer joint fire up their big screen tv...

+6 now since the clocks went foward so its 9pm ko here....i THINK.

Can confirm, GMT +6 at the moment. So Bangkok 9pm.

Predictions anyone?

i'm not going to PREDICT cardifff, but i'm going to cheer for 'em, because a) they're the underdogs, and B) portsmouth have looked slack and indifferent last few games of the season, i'd have liked to see more hustle.