Pressure in Sport

Dave40

Got me thinking (thats a worry) when I was watching Tiger Woods putting to make a play off with Rocco a couple of days ago!!!

Which sport or sportsperson has the most pressure thrust upon them!! ie The Tiger Example (there is alot of variations on that one as well) (I think you get the idea!!!?

A baseball game bottom of the ninth bases loaded 2 strikes a homer will win The World Series the pitcher the batter or the umpire (to get the call right)

who has the most pressure on them? (I think someone did this in the last 20yrs)

Another Example) A football game a Penalty? Is it the person who takes the kick (to kick a goal) or the goalkeeper (to save it) who has the most pressure on them?!!!

Team sports are hard because your teamates are relying on you!!!

Cricket a six off the last ball to win the game!!!! (Depends on who is batting as well)

There are plenty more examples!!!

Bernhard Langer in the 1991 Ryder cup.

He has a 5 foot put on the last for Europe to retain the trophy, miss it and America wins.....His team, tens of thousands of fans on the course and millions all over Europe praying he makes this put. You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife..........AND

His arse collapsed and he missed it......That was pressure !!