ThailandFriends Fantasy League 2008/09

lizardo

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be my b*tch by the end of this, mark my dirty words.

sadly, beej, your league position will be determined by *your* fantasy league results, not Chelski's actual league results. so, mid table obscurity for you it is, then.

same thing surely - this is the year the chelski bubble bursts!! :twisted:

ok then *******, a deal we have!

You can't see anyone's team till the first day of the season, likewise on game weeks, if you make a change no one can see it till kick off of the next game week. I hope my in depth knowledge and professionalism has you quaking in your boots.

cant see anyone elses teams either, but also discovered I cannot dock points!!! Can suspend someone from league but no bloody points docking!! Twas my secret weapon in the bitchification of beej!!! :twisted:

so i guess your days of wanton cruelty as a capricious despot are pretty much stillborn. hopefully they've implemented relegation, it'd be interesting to see how you and *****-lips beej do in the championship next season.

i of course, will qualify for urop on the basis of my character, under the tenets of the fair play rule.

ok then *******, a deal we have!

You can't see anyone's team till the first day of the season, likewise on game weeks, if you make a change no one can see it till kick off of the next game week. I hope my in depth knowledge and professionalism has you quaking in your boots.

being familiar with your in depth knowledge and professionalism, that'd be a resounding

NO.

however, i do retract any statements i may have made against Iain and will even endeavor to spell his name correctly (as he may well be able to dock points once the season starts).

Anyone want to call Phil Brown, Tony Pullis & Tony Mowbray to let them know they have a Premiership match to play on August 16? How do they expect to compete with this?

HULL CITY

In: Peter Halmosi (Plymouth, £2m), George Boateng (Middlesbrough, £1m), Tony Warner (Fulham, free), Bernard Mendy (Paris St Germain, free), Geovanni (Manchester City, free), Craig Fagan (Derby, £750,000), Anthony Gardner (Tottenham, loan).

STOKE CITY

In: Seyi George Olofinjana (Wolves, £3m), Dave Kitson (Reading, £5.5m).

WEST BROM

In: Scott Carson (Liverpool, £3.25m), Marek Cech (FC Porto, £1.4m), Gianni Zuiverloon (Heerenveen, £3.2m), Luke Moore (Aston Villa, £3m).

Bolton Reject Record Hull Davies Bid

Bolton Wanderers have rejected what would have been a record-breaking transfer for striker Kevin Davies from Premier League new boys Hull City.

The Tigers, who won promotion to England?s elite league after Dean Windass? goal gave them a 1-0 Wembley victory over Bristol City in the Championship play-off final in May, reportedly made a bid of £2.35 million for Davies, a fee which would have broken the club?s transfer record.

31-year-old Davies is an experienced campaigner in the Premier League having played for Southampton and Blackburn Rovers before Wanderers, and Hull had seen him as an ideal candidate to lead the line for them in their debut season at the top-level.

However, Hull chairman Paul Duffen confirmed to BBC Radio Humberside that they had been unsuccessful in their bid to secure the player.

?We've made a club record bid for Kevin Davies but Bolton have said that he is not for sale and we respect that," he said.

Former England under-21 international Davies joined Bolton for a bargain free transfer in July 2003 when the club was managed by Sam Allardyce and has gone on to make 172 league appearances, scoring 35 goals.

And the player remains key to Bolton?s attacking play, as highlighted by his 41 appearances in all competitions last season.

Bolton have already seen star forwards Nicolas Anelka and El-Hadji Diouf leave the club to join Chelsea and Sunderland respectively in the last six months, although Swedish international striker Johan Elmander has been signed for £10 million from Toulouse.

15 in league now, or 14 plus Beej if you are counting in humans!!! Would be good to gte 20 before start of season!! There's always enough members spouting on forums like they know about footie, so put your reputation where your mouths are!!! :twisted:

though to be fair, fantasy football has more to do with following the football news closely and tracking stats (either passively, just from reading the news a lot, or by being weirdly obsessive) than it does with overall football knowledge.

it's possible, for example, to be a FF champion without understanding the offside rule fully. on the other hand, is anyone 100 percent sure Blatter understands it fully?

as fantasy games go this is a good one, it'll be fun.

15 in league now, or 14 plus Beej if you are counting in humans!!! Would be good to gte 20 before start of season!! There's always enough members spouting on forums like they know about footie, so put your reputation where your mouths are!!! :twisted:

though to be fair, fantasy football has more to do with following the football news closely and tracking stats (either passively, just from reading the news a lot, or by being weirdly obsessive) than it does with overall football knowledge.

it's possible, for example, to be a FF champion without understanding the offside rule fully. on the other hand, is anyone 100 percent sure Blatter understands it fully?

as fantasy games go this is a good one, it'll be fun.

Don't be silly, I use the Force to pick my team, using these powers means I can pick the team blind folded and still beat you lot.