ThailandFriends Fantasy League 2008/09

lizardo

Counting week 9's trading to date, Beej and I are right at 32 in transfer costs. The REAL trader is zbh (44). Who is the best trader? (a) Divide the increment of team value above 100 by the trading costs to see what you've generated per transfer euro; (B) For players bought and sold, sum up the trading profits. I prefer (a) as a total measure as (B) doesn't capture holding gains/losses nor roundtripping.

Iain, I won't comment, buddy.

It's only week 9. We have 30 games to tally. No one is out of it as of now. Even Bleeds United only has to make up 4.8 points per week to hoist the cup.

i think the arithmetic's a lot simpler than that. if the new guy gives you more points than the guy you dumped scores plus the 4 point trading penalty, then it's a good trade. if not, not.

i had a crap lineup to start that's part of why so many trades; the other part is that you have to move around 2-3 players to get the (expensive) one you want without giving up anyone important sometimes.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counting week 9's trading to date, Beej and I are right at 32 in transfer costs. The REAL trader is zbh (44). Who is the best trader? (a) Divide the increment of team value above 100 by the trading costs to see what you've generated per transfer euro; (B) For players bought and sold, sum up the trading profits. I prefer (a) as a total measure as (B) doesn't capture holding gains/losses nor roundtripping.

It's only week 9. We have 30 games to tally. No one is out of it as of now. Even Bleeds United only has to make up 4.8 points per week to hoist the cup.

????

Jay, mate, you are taking this far too seriously!!!! It's fantasy football not Celebrity Credit Crunch Strictlly Stock Exhange Supertsar Abrahmovic On Ice!!!! Nae points for incremental value increases over the season!! Phew! :lol:

He's not even at risk of being my *****.

????

Jay, mate, you are taking this far too seriously!!!! It's fantasy football not Celebrity Credit Crunch Strictlly Stock Exhange Supertsar Abrahmovic On Ice!!!! Nae points for incremental value increases over the season!! Phew! :lol:

He's not even at risk of being my b*tch.

he might be when league admin deduct points or suspend for spouting incremental drivel!! :wink: :lol:

????

he might be when league admin deduct points or suspend for spouting incremental drivel!! :wink: :lol:

you're aware of the long-standing rule that any league admin deemed to have abused their admin power by the majority of the league will have to change his/her TF ID to "*****" permanently, aren't you?

????

you're aware of the long-standing rule that any league admin deemed to have abused their admin power by the majority of the league will have to change his/her TF ID to "b*tch" permanently, aren't you?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's been a crappy week for the future champions. Even Mr. ***** got more points than me. My lead's been cut down to 10 points. Not happy.

Time to use my wild card.

Need to get rid of my Spurs and Newcastle players. :oops:

Arsenal's defence's been leaky. Sagna and Clichy out.

Torres out injured. Valencia is suspended.

It's been a crappy week for the future champions. Even Mr. b*tch got more points than me. My lead's been cut down to 10 points. Not happy.

VERY good wild card time, only wish I had kept mine!

It's been a crappy week for the future champions. Even Mr. b*tch got more points than me. My lead's been cut down to 10 points. Not happy.

You left Zaki on the bench! Haaaaa.

You left Zaki on the bench! Haaaaa.

It was a VERY painful sub, as he was my next to come on, but I only had 3 defenders and it was that **** Cashley Cole who was injured.

rahh rahhh rahhh

Two items:

(1) As (Spanish) magazine rumor: breaking a story on the extent of Torres' injuries. That may explain why Rafa is nosing around for Heskey. Torres was quoted, "With this type if injury you need to be very patient. It is a shame because I have had another break in the same place as happened last August. But there is nothing else to do but work and complete the daily sessions that have been created for me by the Liverpool medical staff."

(2) Neither here nor there, but Beckham will be at AC Milan from January to May. Makes it easier for Posh to attend the Spring fashion shows, but does that mean we'll lose Brooklyn? (THAT team, btw, is now 8-0-0, 35GF, 3GA).

I managed to hold out the? switcharoo? until Ronaldo?s return for October despite a shaky start to the season for the? Wanglers? who put too much faith in a failing strike force of Rooney, Anelka and Van Persie.... Ronaldo has now returned, the ?switcharoo? has happened and my interest has been rekindled...

I have a strong defence with Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal boys holding my back line and a high scoring midfield sporting such talents as Lampard, Fabregas and of course Ronaldo (who to choose for captain??)

After scoring highest so far in October I can now say I have confidence in my ?Wanglers? and intend to sit back and watch the points roll in (while praying for no injuries...)

If they play **** tomorrow tho I am likely to give up..

Zaki - With the credit crunch and all i'll value at 28.5m euro but if Man City put money where their mouth is it can go anywhere... exchange rate is looking good for them anyway.

My Captain Ireland missed a 1 on 1 piss easy finish in the last minute!

rahh rahh rahh

Well and I got lucky for once by making Robinho my captain this week. :lol::lol::lol:

Ohh, shweeet. :wink:

The most important choice is the captain choice, not many would have had him.

yeah the guy i was up against this week head to head had him as captain and owned me on that basis alone.

i had signed robinho at the beginning of the season but i'd dumped him because he's listed as a forward and city have had him playing out on the wing initally. i've dumped defoe (who is still going to be pretty good) and signed him back.

for all my furious trading i've ended up resigning a lot of players i'd had previously. i'm a dumbass.