Your laptop and America

thaibel

And this is *exactly* why I am flying out of Vancouver when I come back to Thailand in September. Sure it'll cost me a bit extra but it's worth it to avoid the fascist state that the USA has become.

Don't you think that using the word 'fascist' is to say at least a little bit strong? You should look it up in a dictionary.

No, I don't think it's strong at all. Do some reading on the draconian laws and regulations being passed in the USA. All in the name of keeping the citizens safe from the evil terrorists.

do some reading on the draconian laws passed in nazi germany, mussolini's italy or stalin's USSR. if you think it's the same you should back off the crack pipe a bit.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

Educate yourself.

even if your panicky, hyperbolic agitprop were 100 percent correct, it's still a long way from gulags. pity you can't get yourself sent to one so you'd figure out the difference.

What then is Guantamano if not a gulag of sorts??

And in recent histroy, what about the Japanese, German and Italian Americans incarcerated in WWII?? Or the persecution of people who even slightly leaned left in the McCarthy era?? Or the suspension of so many rights under Patriot?? Or wholesale reading of e mails? Or checking what library books you have taken out?? Etc etc

Doesnt get much more Orwellian than it is now!!

:twisted:

yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee

BIG BROTHER RUNS MY LIFE. ALL HAIL BIG BROTHER.

he is just looking out for what is good for the people. move along people there is nothing to see here. go ahead you sheep everything is ok.

yes we are free here in the good old USA but only to the extent that you imagine yourself to be. so which pill will it be the red or blue one

Yeahhh, I feel for all the Americans and more for my American friends. I'm sure they're ashamed of all these things (this and the patriot act) the government does. I'm just waiting for the Europeans to do the same, but it won't be easy. The EU is not in control of all those things. Although Europe has also be attacked (remember Madrid and London), but the respect for the private live is still strong here.

if you are refering to the train attack in madrid that was finially attrbuted to the basque seperatist. if you are refering to some other attack i dont know about sorry.

the one am thinking about killed around 200 people in a train they blew up. but it still amounts to the same. innocent people killed.

If you did a little google before you put a statement, you would have found that the people who were convicted by the court were almost all from North-Africa and Islamitic, there was never found a link with the ETA (Basque separatistes).

I know that the attack was executed a few days before election and that the conservative party was pointing at the ETA as quilty. Everbody should know that this is not the style of the ETA. Normally they're triyng to eleminate high ranked military or police people or politicians. If they bomb a public place, they'll warn the police or a newspaper before, so it's possible they can evacuate the place. They killed some innocent people, but not on purpose and most of the time they excused themself with a public announcement if that happend. Not that I approve the actions the ETA do and did.

If you never heard of the bombing in London I'm sorry for you, but try to google again before saying the IRA is involved in it.

i know about the london attacks. i have some english friends here in the states that kept me informed about that. but the last i had heard about the madrid attack was about a possible basque being responbile. which is where i left it. i have to much to do in general as sad as it seems to keep up with all the worlds events and tragdys.

It is not the first time in recent history that the US govenment had ridden roughshod over its citizens and visitors. You only have to look back to the 1950's to see that.

The time has long gone for US citizens to take up arms against the Govenement, but it seems they have lost the taste of freedom. They have become too wrapped up in the consumer merry go round and are scared they wont be able to buy the next iPod upgrade if they revolt.

It keeps coming back to me. A certain NZ actor wins an award in Hollywood and makes a speach. I it he said. God defend New Zealand, God help America & thank God for Austrakia.

I think he got it right !!!

i think he got it right also. but what i have been seeing is western consumerism is on it way to a country near you. you people will become sheep and loss their intrest in their freedom dont worry you will be just like us. good little sheep ready for the slaughter house.

And this is *exactly* why I am flying out of Vancouver when I come back to Thailand in September. Sure it'll cost me a bit extra but it's worth it to avoid the fascist state that the USA has become.

Don't you think that using the word 'fascist' is to say at least a little bit strong? You should look it up in a dictionary.

No, I don't think it's strong at all. Do some reading on the draconian laws and regulations being passed in the USA. All in the name of keeping the citizens safe from the evil terrorists.

do some reading on the draconian laws passed in nazi germany, mussolini's italy or stalin's USSR. if you think it's the same you should back off the crack pipe a bit.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

Educate yourself.

even if your panicky, hyperbolic agitprop were 100 percent correct, it's still a long way from gulags. pity you can't get yourself sent to one so you'd figure out the difference.

What then is Guantamano if not a gulag of sorts??

isn't Paris Hilton an actor of sorts?

i beat the snot out of a soi dog with a steel pipe, doesn't that make me a serial killer of sorts? (hey the dog's not seriously injured or anything, but i was REALLY ******* MEAN).

wake me up when a) almost all the political prisoners incarcerated in Guantanamo are american citizens and B) the death rate gets anywhere near ten percent.

And in recent histroy, what about the Japanese, German and Italian Americans incarcerated in WWII??

german and italiian americans put in concentration camps were very tiny in number. ALL the japanese americans who weren't in the armed forces were in places Poston and Manzanar. i've been to poston. twice. some of my best friends' parents were in 'internment camps.'

AND?

Or the persecution of people who even slightly leaned left in the McCarthy era?? Or the suspension of so many rights under Patriot?? Or wholesale reading of e mails? Or checking what library books you have taken out?? Etc etc

Doesnt get much more Orwellian than it is now!

don't you have to kill half a million in a purge before any card-carrying fascist will even respect you?

and.... library card? are you too afraid of Big Brother to actually *use* one? maybe should *read* 1984 before you start bandying the word "Orwellian" about. the bar's pretty high.

what sort of pollyanna universe do you ladies *think* you live in, anyway? wake me when we hit half a million bodycount, Paris.