Firefox 1.01 and ThailandFriends

music

Hi, anybody using Firefox 1.01 Macintosh on this site? Text input is a nightmare, that is, the caret and entry positions do not align. I'm trying to determine if it's an application issue or bad configuration on my part. thx

i dont think you can go wrong with the installation of Firefox.

pretty straightforward...

btw...for mac i would recommend Safari

I've been using Safari from day one, taking any opportunity to dump IE from my laptop. But it still needs work. I had heard decent reviews on Firefox so I decided to try it out. Along with the text input bug, I just discovered that it doesn't properly render the rating stars on Amazon.com. Still, there's lots to like about Firefox despite the fact that it looks like a Windoze port.

I am using Firefox on a win machine and it has some text input issues as well. There was a modification mentioned in the Firefox forums for win machines, but I don't recall if they listed a mac fix as well. You might try perusing the forum or maybe posting a question there to see if anyone has found a work around for mac yet.

Hi, anybody using Firefox 1.01 Macintosh on this site? Text input is a nightmare, that is, the caret and entry positions do not align. I'm trying to determine if it's an application issue or bad configuration on my part. thx

try to ask mark--sarpedon he's a MAC fan :wink:

i dont actually know what Firefox 1.01 is but it sounds very interesting...

if ur talking about web browser then, im also using netscape communicatior.. very cool except when im trying to post something on TF and i cant input the font colour as it would appear at the end of my msg so i have to input it manually...

IE is still the winner i guess

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Macianer,

I have the same problem on TF with Firefox - I also downloaded the newest version of Firefox 1.02 for G5 (extra Version) at mozilla but still the same problems on TF!

So, I still cannot tell you why but with Safari everything works :-)

A little bit confusing for me is that in other forums Firefox works fine only at TF :-(

Perhaps an hint for the administrator at TF to control the website ;-) for Macusers

So, use Safari at TF