Thai Fads and Trends

SweetieBabie

Am just surprised no Thai entrepeneurs have laucnhed a homegrown version of this Australian fashion item (and yes, I realise using the terms 'Australian' and 'fashion' in the same sentence is contradictory)

scotum.jpg

:twisted:

Mate, drinking 17 cans of Fosters and putting your nuts in a pneumatic clamp will never become fashionable!...have you tasted Fosters??

Am just surprised no Thai entrepeneurs have laucnhed a homegrown version of this Australian fashion item (and yes, I realise using the terms 'Australian' and 'fashion' in the same sentence is contradictory)

scotum.jpg

:twisted:

Mate, drinking 17 cans of Fosters and putting your nuts in a pneumatic clamp will never become fashionable!...have you tasted Fosters??

Yes. The seagull wine from the strange drinks thread probably tastes better.

in fact Fosters probably drain the contents of the roo scrotums to make their lager!!!

:lol:

Ok, just comes up with another recent one....

The ?Big Eye? has now become popular among Thai girls after gaining popularity among their Korean and Japanese counterparts. The trend has grown in popularity among young Thais who are keen to adjust their looks to conform with the latest trends from neighbor countries.

Most of the lenses are imported from Korea and cost about 450 baht (US$13) per pair. They have no guarantee or return policy so it's impossible to get a refund if you are unhappy with your purchase or you find them to be unsuitable or even unsafe.

bigeyes_01.jpg

One vendor at a busy outlet in the Siam Square shopping hub blames a lack of knowledge regarding hygiene among younger consumers for some of the negative publicity the lenses have generated.

bigeyes_03.jpg

?Many consumers who purchase monthly lenses seem to be wearing them around the clock without cleaning them properly,? the vendor said. ?But to prevent infection, they need cleaning on a daily basis.?

While you won't receive any kind of guarantee, vendors claim that most customers encounter no serious problems when wearing the lenses. The site also suggests that some complaints relating to blurred vision were entirely based on a pre-existing conditions.

?I wear lenses with black edges, which appear like little feathers. The first time I wore them, it felt rather like I had dust in my eyes and it's still a bit sore now when I wear them, so I'm now wearing them a bit less, when I wear them I feel like my eyes are bigger and this makes me feel more confident about my appearance.? - student from Rajamangala University.

?I've worn them now for about four or five months, following my sister's lead. I usually buy them from a store in the Siam Square area and most of the lenses don't come with a guarantee. I'm currently wearing black-colored 'Maxim' [brand name] lenses. When I'm wearing them I can hardly notice them, but I think they do make my eyes look bigger." - Assumption school student.

black1-before-after.jpg?t=1234404401transformation-to-hot.jpg?t=1234404444

Same retarded sh*t as the young Thais getting fake braces put on their teeth. Totally unaware of all the health problems they're causing themselves.

The trend of wearing fake dental braces is something that goes beyond me....

Health authorities are clamping down on the Thai teenage fashion fad of wearing fake orthodontic braces by targeting those who sell and make the pseudo-dental gear with steep fines and prison time. Girls flashing multicoloured metallic grins are regularly featured in teen magazines as braces have become more common in Thailand, transforming the dental gear detested by Western youths into a fashion statement.

braces_2701_narrowweb__300x376,0.jpg

Some people put the fashion (braces) on by themselves, which is dangerous because they could come loose and slip into the throat The fake braces, which are glued onto the teeth, can also cause sores on the gums and inside the mouth and some of the wires have been found to contain lead.

Has anyone talk about cosmetics yet??

Etude and Skin food from Korea... repeat from Korea only. Many Thai girls like to order it from someone who go to Koria. It's a lot of cheaper than the shops in Bangkok. Nowaday, you can see the local market vendors sell them in lower price. My friend is the one of them. His cousin go to Korea carried loads of Etude and skin food... my friend sells them to the company staff, made a lot of profit.

1239523.jpg

1239523.jpg

Ok Etude à¤Ã×èçÊÓÃÒ§¤ì ÃÕµÃÙ´ ÃÕ·Ù´Õé ÃÕµÙ´ ÃÕÃÙ° à¹Õè why it so famous among young thai girls? because it's Korean's ? or because it is cheap and good? or because packaging design similar to Annasui but cheaper? mai kaw jai jing jing loie. :? Majorlica narak kwa yer loie :D

1239523.jpg

Ok Etude à¤Ã×èçÊÓÃÒ§¤ì ÃÕµÃÙ´ ÃÕ·Ù´Õé ÃÕµÙ´ ÃÕÃÙ° à¹Õè why it so famous among young thai girls? because it's Korean's ? or because it is cheap and good? or because packaging design similar to Annasui but cheaper? mai kaw jai jing jing loie. :? Majorlica narak kwa yer loie :D

Mai cheap na... I checked the price from Etude shops in Thailand, I called them "Idiot Expensive" not reasonable price at all...

I bought 3 items 2 pack of eye shadow... when I use them no one know that I use eye shadow áÅéÇ¡Ã٨÷Òä»ãËéà»Å×ç·ÓÃÑÂà¹Õè and BB magic foundation... it said "Goodbye Troble" That's not true!!!

¡ÅѺä»ãªé Stila ´Õ¡ÇèÒàÂÃÃ

Did the rubix cube make a comeback?

Seen a lot of kids playing with them in public lately.

Make a come-back?

We have about thirty of them locked in the cupboard at school after being confiscated...I might start a Rubix sale... :idea:

yes p'Danny, it comes back for a while...

Many people in my office have rubix on their desks, included me.

Hmm if you wanna sale them pls add "How to win it" hehe

img3-rubix.gif

• 2 weeks later...
WG2_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCbqj4SxGJs

These South Korean girls band rapidly gains popularity in Thailand. The single hit "Nobody" is on every radio station and everywhere you go.

To read about them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Girls

They look like a bunch of air-heads who speak whiny English...But what do I know?

Perhaps you taught them??

WG2_1.jpg

These South Korean girls band rapidly gains popularity in Thailand. The single hit "Nobody" is on every radio station and everywhere you go.

They look like a bunch of air-heads who speak whiny English...But what do I know?

Nooooooooo...Anyone who thinks it's cool to pose like this is beyond redemption in my book.

WG2_1.jpg

Nooooooooo...Anyone who thinks it's cool to pose like this is beyond redemption in my book.

well done for that - you just managed to alienate 47.5% of the TF members...

want to share a cave??

WG2_1.jpg

well done for that - you just managed to alienate 47.5% of the TF members...

want to share a cave??

To the Batmobile...Robin!

onlybat.jpg