All Sports Greatest clips...

GoodKarma

This is the one I was talking about. Tried searching for the video. Can anyone help?

When he was 19, he scored at Chelsea

"i used to love it there. Their bloody defenders had to pay to get back in when i had finished with them.

I ran about 20 yards full tilt and took a return pass, waist high. I went to volley it with my right, changed my mind and hit it with my left foot. It went into the net like a bloody rocket. I dont know why i changed feet in mid-air...showing off, i suppose"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how the **** is that a record touchdown pass ... he only lobs the ball 15 or 20 yards !!!
Cos EVERYTHING is bigger in America...

True Iain even our fat azzes from eating too much Kentucky fried chicken and McDonalds...LOL

but to answer CiaranM's question they both will get credit for the longest touchdown..

Brady will get credit for the passing yards and Welker will get credit for the receiving yards..

In the game of US football, progress is measured by advancing the football towards the opposing team's goal line. The team on offense can make progress during the play by advancing the ball from the line of scrimmage.

When the offensive team advances the ball by pass reception, the player who throws the ball earns passing yards and the player who receives the ball earns receiving yards.

Also in US football you have two types of forward progress and it's all from the line of scrimmage. You have a pass play or a rushing play. Once a play is a forward pass it remains a forward pass play. A pass play and a rush play cannot be combined and vice versa. A running back cannot run the ball 20 or so yards and the decide to pass the ball he would have to run the ball until tackled. He would have the option to lateral the ball to another player but not an over hand pass. So even though Welker caught the ball 20 yards out and ran another 79 more it's still considered a 99 yard pass and 99 yards received.. Due to the nature of the game the ball is not spotted 20 yards out and the rest of the play considered a 79 yard run. It's all considered a forward progress pass play from the line of scrimage.

on the flip side of this if he handed the ball off to him from the line of scrimage as a running back the running back would get total credit for all the yards in forward progress from the line of scrimmage.

Edited by GoodKarma

True Iain even our fat azzes from eating too much Kentucky fried chicken and McDonalds...LOL

but to answer CiaranM's question they both will get credit for the longest touchdown..

Brady will get credit for the passing yards and Welker will get credit for the receiving yards..

In the game of US football, progress is measured by advancing the football towards the opposing team's goal line. The team on offense can make progress during the play by advancing the ball from the line of scrimmage.

When the offensive team advances the ball by pass reception, the player who throws the ball earns passing yards and the player who receives the ball earns receiving yards.

Also in US football you have two types of forward progress and it's all from the line of scrimmage. You have a pass play or a rushing play. Once a play is a forward pass it remains a forward pass play. A pass play and a rush play cannot be combined and vice versa. A running back cannot run the ball 20 or so yards and the decide to pass the ball he would have to run the ball until tackled. He would have the option to lateral the ball to another player but not an over hand pass. So even though Welker caught the ball 20 yards out and ran another 79 more it's still considered a 99 yard pass and 99 yards received.. Due to the nature of the game the ball is not spotted 20 yards out and the rest of the play considered a 79 yard run. It's all considered a forward progress pass play from the line of scrimage.

on the flip side of this if he handed the ball off to him from the line of scrimage as a running back the running back would get total credit for all the yards in forward progress from the line of scrimmage.

i do understand all that .... believe it or not .... but i still think it's ******* nonsense !!!

Brady lobs the ball forward 15 ... maximum 20 yards to a wide open player ... yet gets credited with making a "record 99 yard touchdown pass to Wes Welker" ... for me it's the guy running who does all the hard work ... along with the guys doing the blocking !!!