Big Brother Bill Gates! IE 7 Beta

khun_lung

I don't think you can use pirated software and then complain about... anything.

Another reason to be careful with Panthip versions of Windows is that they are frequently (as in 90% of the time) pre-loaded with worms. The Panthip guys download infected versions from the warez sites and don't bother to clean them first.

this is a VERY good point. if you only legitimately buy ONE piece of software, buy your OS. legit version runs a billion times better, and NOTHING works without the OS, it's the single most vital piece of software (actually it's a lot of pieces).

I agree, but MS's implementation is suspect, ie you can "buy" windows but can only run it on one machine, and they sample a "profile" of your machine (its hardware config) so that if you try to use that same product code again on a machine with a dissimilar hardware config, the red flag goes up and they require you to contact them. In essence, you can buy windows but only use it on one machine legally. If you sell your comp, have to buy windows for the new one again. I have bought enough OS' and such from them over the years (98 SE, 2000, xpHome, MS office, MS works) now that I am guilt free in my now lovely running Panthip purchased windows xpPro 2006 fully updated and sp2 integrated version. Side note: My current 3 dollar version I will say is the best and fastest running version of XP that I have ever used.

if it works then roll with it, i'ts not a moral issue i just know that most cracked software is the result of ugly kluges, not necessariliy som'n i want to bet my computer on.

I don't think you can use pirated software and then complain about... anything.

Another reason to be careful with Panthip versions of Windows is that they are frequently (as in 90% of the time) pre-loaded with worms. The Panthip guys download infected versions from the warez sites and don't bother to clean them first.

this is a VERY good point. if you only legitimately buy ONE piece of software, buy your OS. legit version runs a billion times better, and NOTHING works without the OS, it's the single most vital piece of software (actually it's a lot of pieces).

of the bazillion or so programs i seem to have installed on my PC...my XP is the ONLY one that is legit...for all the reasons stated above.