NBA? hoops fans?

zeusbheld

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BKK isn't much of a basketball lovin' place (just like most places & countries apart from the U.S., Spain and maybe Turkey). I want to see as much as possible too, though I have bet my money on the Celts before the season so I hope they win off course |I'm happy to see the sixers back where they belong. Last night's game between Phoenix & San Antonio was VERY exciting 2 forced overtimes through 3 point shots being made.

BKK isn't much of a basketball lovin' place (just like most places & countries apart from the U.S., Spain and maybe Turkey). I want to see as much as possible too, though I have bet my money on the Celts before the season so I hope they win off course |I'm happy to see the sixers back where they belong. Last night's game between Phoenix & San Antonio was VERY exciting 2 forced overtimes through 3 point shots being made.

Me being Boston born and bred, I gotta see my Celts play!...Links guys, links links, links! :cry:

Me being Boston born and bred, I gotta see my Celts play!...Links guys, links links, links! :cry:

been a KG fan since he was a high school prospect. any bars up early showing the games? i don't have 'real' cable (i got the dodgy kind provided by the apartment) so coverage is spotty.

been a KG fan since he was a high school prospect. any bars up early showing the games? i don't have 'real' cable (i got the dodgy kind provided by the apartment) so coverage is spotty.

Frig!....I can't find a place that's showing the games!...this is going to suck!

Hey Lakers and Celts. Not a real matchup like Bird and Majic but it would be a great match-up let's see if it sizes up after the playoffs. :lol:

could get interesting.. and very plausible if Pau plays the way he did in game one.

R.Win... how 'bout them sixers... impressive... shocking, even.

Not a real matchup like Magic & Bird, true but this a different ballgame, there is much more competitivity, the game is much more physical and faster, there are more teams so the players are spread over more teams as well, sure Bird & Magic were good but I'm noot sure if the Lakers team Magic was in would be a match for KG, Pierce & Allen right now and A bird Celtics team would stand a chance against Kobe, Gasol & Odom (who I expect to go wild next season). Again, Bird & Magic were brilliant but just look at the numbers here http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_playoffs_ind_career.html there are quite some players in there who are still active and I believe they will climb the rankings as well and some guys will enter it soon. How about Iverson right after Jordan with 30 ppg? Or Shaq? I have a feeling Shaq is going to end up against KG in the finals, if not them I guess San Antonio but I don't think the Lakers are going to beat either one. We'll see :)

Zeus... yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the victory last night, at least they're not going to be swept and there is space to get a good guy too in the salary cap, so if they keep this group, resign Igodala & drop roster fillers like Randolph, Booth etc. who knows what happens next season? For now I'm happy they're in the post season again :)

Hey Zeus you know how it is. Players get so hot an cold on scoring. Amazing

Lakers doing so good young team. Critics said this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

critics said that *before* Pau, who is a proven star. real questions were more to do with how he'd mesh than with his quality, and he seems to be meshing well with Odom. Lakers have hardly got a lock on the west though.

one team i expect to exit early... THE MAVS.

Hey Lakers and Celts. Not a real matchup like Bird and Majic but it would be a great match-up let's see if it sizes up after the playoffs. :lol:

could get interesting.. and very plausible if Pau plays the way he did in game one.

Not a real matchup like Magic & Bird, true but this a different ballgame, there is much more competitivity, the game is much more physical and faster, there are more teams so the players are spread over more teams as well, sure Bird & Magic were good but I'm noot sure if the Lakers team Magic was in would be a match for KG, Pierce & Allen right now and A bird Celtics team would stand a chance against Kobe, Gasol & Odom (who I expect to go wild next season). Again, Bird & Magic were brilliant but just look at the numbers here http://www.nba.com/history/records/alltime_playoffs_ind_career.html there are quite some players in there who are still active and I believe they will climb the rankings as well and some guys will enter it soon. How about Iverson right after Jordan with 30 ppg? Or Shaq? I have a feeling Shaq is going to end up against KG in the finals, if not them I guess San Antonio but I don't think the Lakers are going to beat either one. We'll see :)

no way to prove it but i'm fairly confident that the 'classic' lakers or celts would match up well against today's best. numbers don't always tell the story; different style of play buty i doubt human beings are getting progressively more talented (more athletic? yep; training's improving).

short version: i think the best of the best would thrive in *any* era. are today's celts or lakers headed in that direction? only time will tell.

Zeus... yeah I was pleasantly surprised by the victory last night, at least they're not going to be swept and there is space to get a good guy too in the salary cap, so if they keep this group, resign Igodala & drop roster fillers like Randolph, Booth etc. who knows what happens next season? For now I'm happy they're in the post season again :)

post season with dignity, after stealing one from mighty deetroit.

no way to prove it but i'm fairly confident that the 'classic' lakers or celts would match up well against today's best. numbers don't always tell the story; different style of play buty i doubt human beings are getting progressively more talented (more athletic? yep; training's improving).

short version: i think the best of the best would thrive in *any* era. are today's celts or lakers headed in that direction? only time will tell.

post season with dignity, after stealing one from mighty deetroit.

Yep, guess you're right. I'm just saying a matchup between the Celts & Lakers right now isn't any less than one between the same teams way back when. Kobe has 3 titles already, KG might've had some if he didn't have to put up with crappy players in his team back in Minnesota, they are legendary players. Kobe scored what? 81 points in 1 game? Back in the old days that was amazing to see but it was possible, nowadays you really need more than length. Houston had the longest winning streak EVER this season which means something since they're a west team but still they're probably going to exit the first round, because although they broke that record they are not the best in the west. The Celts have made the biggest turn around EVER looking at the increase of wins from one season to the next. Game 1 between Phoenix & San Antonio was somethign else too, Duncan took a 3 point shot and made it to force the second overtime, he didn't score 1 3 pointer all year long!! What I'm trying to say is, the guys from the present aren't any less than some guys from the past, this has been one of the most exciting seasons I ever I think and it's not even ended yet... but that's my opinion.

What I'm trying to say is, the guys from the present aren't any less than some guys from the past, this has been one of the most exciting seasons I ever I think and it's not even ended yet... but that's my opinion.

what's interesting now is that back in the day you knew it was gonna be michael v jazz (or suns), celts (or the rare sixers cameo) vs lakers, etc. now.... it's pretty wide open.

there are a good half dozen teams that could mount a hot streak (like the knucks did in 94) and there are NO teams that are completely safe from an early exit.

i'd agree that some of the guys playing now have to be on the all-time list, especially KG. i don't want to see KG go out like Sir Charles, without raiding the jewelry store...

Detroit-no surprise

Lakers-no surprise

Celtics-surprisingly struggling

Cleveland-no surprise

Phoenix-surprised

San antonio-surprised thought they would put up a better fight.

I hope the Celts snap out of the struggle

Hey what do you think of miami coach Pat Riley stepping away from coach to president of the team?

When the going gets tough, Riley heads for something easier.

That's true always accused of overworking his players..Phil Jackson has a good mix of coaching smoothness to him. Very interesting of how he gets all the teams ego's to like melt..and become one unit..Make's me wonder what makes successful coach's tick. They tell you in writing in books in stuff but not something words can define I guess. He consistantly wins championships always knows the right ingredients to win.

Riley isn't no wash over either.I don't dislike him as a coach. But I would have to give the parralle of Him and the Big Tuna parcell. Old style coaching not working in a new style atmosphere. Amazingly though successful sportsmen always seem to pop up in the spotlight. He ironically was on the college team with Adolph Rupp. Remember that movie that was made on it "Glory Road". If you haven't seen it.Get it on bootleg.I'm sure it's floating somewhere here in Thailand. The finals I can't really call it...

Later,