frankenburner2

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy - Czech Republic =====> 2 - 1 ..... close 2 - 0

Ghana - United States ======> 2 - 1 ....... 2 - 1 :P

Japan - Brazil =========> 1 - 4 ...... 1 - 4 :P again

Croatia - Australia =======> 2 - 0 ....... 2 - 2 (completely wrong, but u have to admit a weird match)

I already gave my scores for 23-06 in an earlier post (but once again):

Togo - France: 0 - 4 (they know they will have to knock, but with players as Trezeguet, Henry Thierry, Makelele, Barthez, Thuram it's possible. A good mix of experience and players on their top).

Switzerland - South-Korea: 2 - 2 (I keep it to a draw to save my QF-prediction . It could also be a win for 1 of the teams with 1 goal of difference?)

Saudi Arabia - Spain: 1 - 4 (no comment)

Ukraine - Tunisia: 3 - 1 (Ukraine scores easy, but also weak in defense)

Score predictions for Australia vs Italy?

And do you guys think the dramas back in Italy regarding corruption is affecting the Italian players at the World Cup.

I think it will be 2 - 1 for Italy (maybe 2 - 0 even). There's nothing more difiicult than scoring against the Italians, their defense is a brick wall.

Score predictions for Australia vs Italy?

And do you guys think the dramas back in Italy regarding corruption is affecting the Italian players at the World Cup.

australia 1 italy 0....i really don't know why. wishful thinking? trust in italy f*cking up? faith in gus hidink....GO AUSSIES!

Bloody hell mate, I hope your amazing forecasting thus far continues through to this prediction.

Yes guys I have to take it on the chin, from the doubters.

Interesting composition the Aussie team, they had 3 players of Croatian parentage in the team against Croatia, and they will have 3 of Italian parentage in the team against Italy.

Whoever has been to Norton St., Leichhardt, Sydney's little Italy, will know the night of the game the restaurants will be full of Italians not knowing who the hell to go for. I'd kill to be there for the game.

So guys sorry but for some reason that escapes me I'm going with FB2 prediction.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi.

Good weekend all.

agree with fredfunk, i seriously expect oz to face a reality check (sorry mike et al). they're gonna go out bravely but they'll go out. this is your waterloo brucie.

i'll guess 3-1.

I said already before that Italy will win 2 - 0 or 2 - 1 against the Aussies. This is indeed a really check and Italy almost never win with a high score, but they win.

late games half time report:

those pesky swiss just won't go away...they're up 1 - 0 in a game the gets better and better as it goes on....at the half..korea was pressing well....

those silly french just can't get it right.....at the half, togo has had almost as many chances and continues to hold on!....go TOGO!!!!!!!!!!!

full time:

Togo are To'gone' inspite of a spirited effort...but they just couldn't hold out any longer....on the up-side...there'll be a few french players with some nice bumps and bruises to deal with!

Korea deserved better....but a very sharp swiss keeper and yet another controversial goal send em packing!

all in all.....of the 8 round of 16 match ups I had predicted....6 still stand...but no nevermind....my quarter finalists should still be there!

24/06 games:

germany 2 - sweden 0

argentina 3 - mexico 0

agree with fredfunk, i seriously expect oz to face a reality check (sorry mike et al). they're gonna go out bravely but they'll go out. this is your waterloo brucie.

i'll guess 3-1.

I said already before that Italy will win 2 - 0 or 2 - 1 against the Aussies. This is indeed a really check and Italy almost never win with a high score, but they win.

true.

they tend to sit back and pack the box when they got a lead. they look softer in the back and more aggressive up front than most previous italian teams, and they kept attacking in the czech match. probably 2-0, but i dont expect them to feel safe with a one-goal lead.

germany 2-0 sweeeden. sorry, england *are* quite as shite as they look, but they may come together in later rounds, and rooney has the potential to live up to the hype.

argentina 3 -1 mexico. yep it'll be tough but argentina are on form and in an entirely different class than mexico. i say three one but a tougher match than the scoreline indicates. i expect mexico to press forward and leave themselves open once argentinal lead.

england 2-0 ecuador. more of a slide than the scoreline might indicate. i think england are starting to find their game and ecuador aren't a secret anymore.

netherlands 3-2 portugal. this will either be high scoring, or end 1-0 (or on penalties). if someone scores early expect fireworks. respek to marco van basten, this is one of the least talented dutch squads in a while--but they're a TEAM. all the divas are home watching on tv.

switzerand 2-1 ukraine keepin' the dream alive, baby. this swiss squad will be remembered fondly for decades (by swiss people, the rest of us will forget 'em by 2k10).

italy 1-0 australia i revised my prediction downward; have to agree that as aggressive as this italy squad looked in group round, it's hard to believe that italy have suddenly stopped being boring when it matters.

brazil 3-1 ghana ghana have had a great run; it's about to end.

spain 2-1 france this is the toughest to predict IMO. will spain implode as they traditionally do? will france continue their recent trend of imploding? will this be a classic match to be sung in songs and told in tales through the ages? who knows? that's why they play the games.