Photography anyone?

yeahrightdennis

These guys have a gallery that only does exhibitions of photography.

http://www.tamarind-cafe.com/

A good concept I thought. Dont know how long it will last. (Food aint bad either)

Photography as another excuse for eating, very Thai indeed.

there are 2 women actually...and not thai...one french. vegetarian food with a good concept yep.

cool pics everyone!!! *envy*

Some pics I posted in my journals earlier :

Have many more, but to be honest, I gave up posting pics on TF...

May I ask why? I think your pictures are excellent, Peter.

Love "the pretty in pink" ;)

Thanks Nicky. Well, maybe it's stupid of me but I guess I'm just a bit disappointed by the fact that I noticed that not the quality of the pics somebody shows makes that he/she gets good comments but the fact if he/she is sexy and hot or not... :roll: But I guess that's just the nature of TF (and maybe I'm guilty on it also...) while dedicated photosites (like fredmiranda.com or so) put more importance on the photos, not on who you are...

Love "the pretty in pink" ;)

-- ditto --

:lol::lol: :roll:

Thanks a lot!!!

Some nice Bagan photos there B!

Thanks Beejoir, appreciated!

Baboe: let me know when you go out for shooting next time when you are in thailand. i wanna learn to take nice pics from you ^^

Thanks Cherry, would be nice to take some pics together indeed. Will be next week already! But, looking at your beautiful pics I think I can learn more from you then you from me!!!

OK I'll summarize: don't expect to learn anything from people who only flatter you.

True indeed. I remember I once sold one of my cameras on eBay. By coincidence one of the best Belgian travel photographers bought it and came to pick it up at my place. We had a lovely 3 hour conversation about traveling and photography, my 2 passions. At a given moment he asked me to show some of my pics so I did. Where others always commented my pics with 'wow' and 'great' etc. (which indeed is ego boosting) he was like 'beautiful pic but... I would have done this different, and this, and here you can improve, and this...'. I absolutely loved it and learned a great amount of things from him!

So, indeed, maybe I take TF too serious in this regard, it's not a photo site after all. It shouldn't matter what people comment and how many people comment... I'm already happy that I can make some people happy with my pics (didn't even realise I have a 'big fan' here :wink: . If I find time this week, I'll post another journal!

These guys have a gallery that only does exhibitions of photography.

http://www.tamarind-cafe.com/

A good concept I thought. Dont know how long it will last. (Food aint bad either)

Photography as another excuse for eating, very Thai indeed.

there are 2 women actually...and not thai...one french. vegetarian food with a good concept yep.

cool pics everyone!!! *envy*

one is french "sylvie" and one is taiwanese "luka" .

i like luka, she has style when it comes to clothes. :D

• 1 year later...