What's the most boring sport in the world and why?

MichaelGray

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf.

Cricket test matches are boring but the one-day internationals can be quite exciting. It's not THAT difficult to understand.

Watching tennis is worse than getting a catheter.

Yeah. Tennis. There's a sport that went downhill for me. The equipment killed the game IMO. Was exciting in the Borg/Connors/McEnroe days, guys scrambling around the courts. Now its...BOOM. ace. or BOOM. BOOM BOOM baseline winner.

Other sports I don't care to watch are:

Cricket (do they still break for tea and cucumber sandwiches?)

Baseball.

badminton.

Lately I have enjoyed watching women's beach volleyball. Great action and some attractive players.

It's interesting to note that some people are saying that cricket is a"toffs" sport, it is not a "toffs" sport in Australia which may explain why we have been better than the english for the past 19 yrs (Except for last years Ashes series in which the english won)

And the most boring sport goes to archery

Next topic we should talk about the stupidest religion or the worst nationality. It makes about as much sense as this topic.

It is up to individual taste and these topics inviting negative views only serve to stir up people's emotions.

I don't think talking about sport is on par with either of those topics. Nor have I seen anyone getting angry or worked-up within this topic.

Believe me!!! I'm burning up inside when I think of the "sport" of ice hockey!!!

So utterly stupid and worthless!! Yet I don't wish to alienate any of my Canadian friends!!!

synchronised swimming...........I'm yawning just typing it, I think tha....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Next topic we should talk about the stupidest religion or the worst nationality. It makes about as much sense as this topic. It is up to individual taste and these topics inviting negative views only serve to stir up people's emotions.

We must be reading different threads, I don't see any venting going on... merely good bantered humour, which is as was intended. Lighten up. 8)

Next topic we should talk about the stupidest religion or the worst nationality. It makes about as much sense as this topic.

It is up to individual taste and these topics inviting negative views only serve to stir up people's emotions.

I don't think talking about sport is on par with either of those topics. Nor have I seen anyone getting angry or worked-up within this topic.

Believe me!!! I'm burning up inside when I think of the "sport" of ice hockey!!!

So utterly stupid and worthless!! Yet I don't wish to alienate any of my Canadian friends!!!

ermm...leaving out such words as "utterly stupid" would have achieved your goal...

Basketball. Oh look, I'm tall, I am automatically qualified to play this game.

that's the kind of observation one would expect from someone challenged in the height department... ahem.. just sayin.

<<insert innocently whistling emoticon here>>

Any sport where people have to judge who wins because there is no natural conclusion or victor...
ain't a sport, it's the freakin' talent section fo a beauty contest. at least many of these have girls in skimpy uniforms.
Long distance races. Running. Slowly. Over a long distance. Then being violently sick as you cross the line.

actually world-class marathoners run 26 miles faster than most weekend racers can run a mile. that doesn't suddenly make it less painful to watch though.

still, nothing compares for sheer dullness to cricket. for americans who are lucky enough to not know what cricket is: baseball, slowed down. way down. waaaay down.

what? oh. sorry. fell asleep.

Cricket test matches are boring but the one-day internationals can be quite exciting.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

hAHAHHAHAHA

hAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

hahaha

ha

ha

ha

ahem.

and you say your'e not funny.

<titter>

i can see where kuornikova vs sharapova might not be your thing, but i'd DEFINITELY take it over a catheter.

Basketball. Oh look, I'm tall, I am automatically qualified to play this game.

that's the kind of observation one would expect from someone challenged in the height department... ahem.. just sayin.

<<insert innocently whistling emoticon here>>

I don't get it. I wouldn't say I'm "challenged in the height department", seeing as I'm 6'3".

if you're reallly, really, REALLY, fast, maybe you could play point guard (i think you might be as tall as allen iverson <<whistling>>

Has anyone actually watched curling. I meen seriousely here we have a sport with people on ice throwing a large rock into a circle.Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Who invented such a concept, Im bored today what can I do, oh yes I will go out to a frozen lake draw a circle and throw rock into it that must be fun.

If anyone actually manage to see a whole session I will personally reward them with a medal for beeing the most patient person in the world, just as I would if they could see 24 hours in a row with Dr.Phil 8)

I think you should look for the doctor there must definately be something wrong with your shopping gene if you can finish shopping in 2 hours 8) :lol:

Nothing wrong with my shopping gene, shops in DK are normally closed on Sunday, only Faxta is opened and you don?t need more than 5 minutes at Faxta. (it?s slogan if you still remember it)

Let?s face it, 60 laps in the same circle. That?s crazy.

Still better then 60 laps in a shopping mall :D

depends on the mall.

not to be taken as an endorsement of 60 laps around a shopping mall.

Cricket test matches are boring but the one-day internationals can be quite exciting.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

hAHAHHAHAHA

hAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

hahaha

ha

ha

ha

ahem.

and you say your'e not funny.

<titter>

i can see where kuornikova vs sharapova might not be your thing, but i'd DEFINITELY take it over a catheter.

Pish-posh. After considering the things you would deem 'interesting', I am going to ignore that.

Catheters are not bad as long as the morphine is still working.