Sven's Fired

dannyboy

oh, and YOU are objective on TF?

i never claim to be, and usually claim to be quite the opposite. i merely take a certain delight in pointing out that most of the people who claim they're saying the truth are... just sayin'.

Well, as I haven't posted a manifesto or signed a contract claiming that everything I write on TF is objective and the truth, then you shouldn't be complaining that I'm not objective, seeing as you aren't either - by any means. Although I think what I originally wrote here was objective and certainly did not contain anything that was insulting, even if in your subjective opinion you don't agree.

here's what you originally wrote:

guilty as charged.

any reader would reasonably assume that in capitalizing MOST, while leaving "i've encountered" in lower case, implies that you believe your sample to more representative or accurate. especially considering its contrary tone and placement meant obviously to counter ciaran's contention.

but if you read my entire post it might have occurred to you that my intention was to counter Ciaran's contention NOT by saying i knew better what City supporters thought, but by saying that i doubted moral lessons could be drawn from the kind of samples he drew his conclusion from.

But I think your harping on "objectivity" goes back to making references about my work.

no, it's fairly obvious that when you say "guilty as charged" and rather pompously appoint yourself judge and jury, you are tacitly claiming objectivity.

and you get the honor of wearing the bullseye that such immodesty awards you.

In case you hadn't noticed, I am not "working" here. These are posts on a discussion board, nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to make references about my work, then you open yourself up to references about your life outside this website. So leave it alone.

fair enough, but as i pointed out, your work is google-able. my life isn't.

and you most definitely know next to nothing about my life outside this website.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you know next to nothing about mine.

guilty as charged is my opinion. and i can recall several instances where you interceded in battles i was having in forums and set yourself up as judge. so you've no right to complain.

and you're not one to be calling anyone pompous.

but of course, it wouldn't be you without a hot tempered insult, would it.

and you know next to nothing about mine.

have edited out all references to your existence outside this site; if i missed any let me know. sorry. my bad. (and one).

guilty as charged is my opinion. and i can recall several instances where you interceded in battles i was having in forums and set yourself up as judge. so you've no right to complain.

and you're not one to be calling anyone pompous.

if anyone is entitled to call anyone pompous, *i* should be. who here, i ask, knows more about the art and craft of pomposity than i do?

and i never set myself up as a judge, just a nitpicking harpie. there's a difference, at least to my eye.

Club captain Richard Dunne, Elano , Martin Petrov, Michael Johnson and England international Micah Richards have all said today they will have to "reconsider" their positions at the club after Thaksin refused to do a u-turn over the sacking of Sven.

I bet he was not expecting that, the club's best players backing Sven. What an arrogant fcuking nob. Because he is wrong and people disagree with him, he is prepared to let the club suffer.

This is not Thailand mate, you cannot get your own way with cash or threats of violence. People here have a voice. ( Most of the time anyway :oops: )

And just for you guys, a link to manchester city forums.

http://forum.mancityforum.co.uk/Forum10-1.aspx

sadly (for Toxin) he *could* get his own way, or close to it, with cash. he's just not willing to a) spend Abramovich kind of money and B) let someone who knows what they're doing go out and get the kitchen hardware.

it's a tried and true formula, just ask Jose i mean Avram.

thanks for the city forum link it's particularly interesting right about now.

Club captain Richard Dunne, Elano , Martin Petrov, Michael Johnson and England international Micah Richards have all said today they will have to "reconsider" their positions at the club after Thaksin refused to do a u-turn over the sacking of Sven.

I bet he was not expecting that, the club's best players backing Sven. What an arrogant fcuking nob. Because he is wrong and people disagree with him, he is prepared to let the club suffer.

This is not Thailand mate, you cannot get your own way with cash or threats of violence. People here have a voice. ( Most of the time anyway :oops: )

And just for you guys, a link to manchester city forums.

http://forum.mancityforum.co.uk/Forum10-1.aspx

thanks for the city forum link it's particularly interesting right about now.

If you're being sincere, then you're welcome. If not then find another thread to hijack..... :D

but of course, it wouldn't be you without a hot tempered insult, would it.

..........now that was wasted at the end of a paragraph.....

...firendly and respectful....yet dastardly and snide.....

....it doth hold truth....yet it's indirect ending, starved of punctuation......shows a friendly professional disdain.....

...why can't all squabbles on TF be like this?

...reminiscent of the "Back to Back and twelve paces" of old......it gives all those in the "Playground circle"...something to reflect upon....

most of the *visible* fans were saying that they didn't care about toxin's history. that's footy fans for you. in a sense that is an accurate picture. however, dig deeper and there is much unrest. we should also consider more damning evidence which zbh is pointing to, i think. city fans are staying away in large numbers:.

well most of the man city fans i encountered (that would be u marty) were unhappy with the toxin take over ..... so obviously zbh knows more than U !!!!

most of the *visible* fans were saying that they didn't care about toxin's history. that's footy fans for you. in a sense that is an accurate picture. however, dig deeper and there is much unrest. we should also consider more damning evidence which zbh is pointing to, i think. city fans are staying away in large numbers:.

well most of the man city fans i encountered (that would be u marty) were unhappy with the toxin take over ..... so obviously zbh knows more than U !!!!

obviously you didn't read what i said, because that wasn't it.

what *i* said was that you didnt have representative sample, and were thus unwarranted in damning "most" man city fans. *i* said that YOUR sample was no less arbitrary and haphazard than mine.

but hey, obviously you know more about what i said (and what i meant by it) than *i* do.

Thaksin isn't in it for the football that patently obvious, he's in it for the high profile (he thinks he's getting over here), he just couldn't afford to buy a better team.

He underestimated the depth of feeling that football supporters have for their teams.

Not that he gives a sh*t of course. Like most rich tossers who made a pile off the backs of others, he's a total wanker whose head is stuck up his own arse.

I'll be surprised if he lasts another season before selling.

i doubt he'll last long as i think he's losing his mind. hmmmm lemme see... a bunch of footballers who are on the cusp of mutiny thanks to his firing the coach are ... gonna friggin BOW to him, when they his his majesty? yeah right.

it will be interesting, though, seeing the Man City under 12s face premiership first-teams next season.

what *i* said was that you didnt have representative sample, and were thus unwarranted in damning "most" man city fans. *i* said that YOUR sample was no less arbitrary and haphazard than mine.

but hey, obviously you know more about what i said (and what i meant by it) than *i* do.

well ..... at least i was right in what i said !!!!! :D:D:D:D

about what, that most Man City fans deserve what they got?

that's a judgment call at best.

about what, that most Man City fans deserve what they got?

that's a judgment call at best.

that MOST Man City fans were not unhappy at Toxin taking over as long as he was splashing millions on new players !!!

as to it being what most Man City fans deserved .... that was a personal opinion. i've got a soft spot for Man City as i used to go and occassionally stand on the kippax stand at maine road while living in the north of england. was disappointed with Toxin taking over, but even more disappointed with the reaction of the City fans. compare it to the reaction of United fans when Glaziers took over "their" club !!!!

as i said, i'm not convinced most fans were not unhappy, i'm convinced we don't know what most fans felt. however, one thing is clear, for sure: not too many fans complained vocally enough to be heard widely. so ultimately i'd agree you're right, in the sense that they tacitly accepted the Thaksic Avenger.

as for their sad fate...

can't be karma, or Chelski fans woulda been in deep doodoo.

as i said, i'm not convinced most fans were not unhappy, i'm convinced we don't know what most fans felt. however, one thing is clear, for sure: not too many fans complained vocally enough to be heard widely. so ultimately i'd agree you're right, in the sense that they tacitly accepted the Thaksic Avenger.

as for their sad fate...

but is their fate really that sad or bad .... they're gonna finish in their best ever premiership position. and if Toxin gets in a new top flight manager, splashes a load more money, gets them off to a flyer next season .... in a couple of months it'll be King Toxin again and Sven f**king who ???

my biggest gripe with the board and fans is that they stood back and allowed their club to be taken over by a mass murderer and human rights abuser .... and that's not even staring on his dodgy business dealings !!

as for their sad fate...

but is their fate really that sad or bad .... they're gonna finish in their best ever premiership position. and if Toxin gets in a new top flight manager, splashes a load more money, gets them off to a flyer next season .... in a couple of months it'll be King Toxin again and Sven f**king who ???

that's true but its' a big if, in that he's not known for splashing cash and seems to think he should have won the prem already. maybe scolari can talk him into something, but right now to me it looks like sven leaves, players mutiny, Toxie gets bored and sells. if he sells, Mark E Smith will be happy, and that's good enough for me.

my biggest gripe with the board and fans is that they stood back and allowed their club to be taken over by a mass murderer and human rights abuser .... and that's not even staring on his dodgy business dealings !!

agree, pretty much.

the board for sure could have done something. whether the fans hollering would have affected anything or not (i suspect not) at least at this point, they'd have their dignity (Marty doesn't, but for other reasons. his attitude toward the toxic avenger has been impeccable).

one thing that separates toxie from romie is that, while true that neither has been convicted of the crimes swirling around them, there does seem to be a LOT more evidence for toxie's crimes against humanity (drug war in particular).

it will be interesting going forward. a real soap opera. i'd expect they'll be iether one extreme or the other. good ride and some entertaining football this season, though.

has this power mad c*nt lost the plot completely !!

Thaksin asks Manchester City players to bow

MANCHESTER (UK): -- Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has hit the club with another shock by asking for the players to bow to him Thai-style before each game, Sunday Mirror reported.

Officials at the Eastlands club have been worried for some time by requests from Thaksin - and his latest is for the team to bow towards him after performing their pre-kick-off sporting handshake with the opposition.

Bowing is a traditional mark of respect in Thaksin's native Thailand. But some at City see this as another example of how the former Thai Prime Minister is turning the club into his personal dictatorship.

A City insider said: "At first we thought it was a joke, but the owner was serious about the players paying their respects. It's just not going to happen."

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed three weeks ago that Thaksin's relationship with manager Sven Goran Eriksson was at breaking point.

And the former England coach will be sacked at the end of the season, despite being less than 12 months into a three-year contract.

Thaksin aims to placate fans by bringing in Phil Scolari after the Brazilian's contract with Portugal expires after Euro 2008.

He is preparing to sack Eriksson against the wishes of all the high-ranking officials he retained at the club when he took over last summer.

Former chairman John Wardle, chief exe cutive Alistair Mackintosh and legal expert Bryan Bodek could follow Eriksson out.

City fans are furious about Thaksin's treatment of Eriksson - and some have demanded season ticket refunds after the Swede issued a personal plea on marketing material urging supporters to renew.

-- Sunday Mirror 2008-05-05

has this power mad c*nt lost the plot completely !!
Thaksin asks Manchester City players to bow

MANCHESTER (UK): -- Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has hit the club with another shock by asking for the players to bow to him Thai-style before each game, Sunday Mirror reported.

Officials at the Eastlands club have been worried for some time by requests from Thaksin - and his latest is for the team to bow towards him after performing their pre-kick-off sporting handshake with the opposition.

Bowing is a traditional mark of respect in Thaksin's native Thailand. But some at City see this as another example of how the former Thai Prime Minister is turning the club into his personal dictatorship.

A City insider said: "At first we thought it was a joke, but the owner was serious about the players paying their respects. It's just not going to happen."

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed three weeks ago that Thaksin's relationship with manager Sven Goran Eriksson was at breaking point.

And the former England coach will be sacked at the end of the season, despite being less than 12 months into a three-year contract.

Thaksin aims to placate fans by bringing in Phil Scolari after the Brazilian's contract with Portugal expires after Euro 2008.

He is preparing to sack Eriksson against the wishes of all the high-ranking officials he retained at the club when he took over last summer.

Former chairman John Wardle, chief exe cutive Alistair Mackintosh and legal expert Bryan Bodek could follow Eriksson out.

City fans are furious about Thaksin's treatment of Eriksson - and some have demanded season ticket refunds after the Swede issued a personal plea on marketing material urging supporters to renew.

-- Sunday Mirror 2008-05-05

A bit old that Ciaran, didn't you know?

The man's a fcuking idiot filled with his own self-worth!

Here's the job approach link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7387397.stm

By the looks of it, Sven is going to have to do the tour of Thailand and Hong Kong. If I was him I would watch my back in LOS with the fact that Thaksin will have to give him millions to pay him off....... :shock: