South Africa 2010 in danger ?

Damnam1

Hi,

following the discussion on the riots in South Africa the FIFA is seriously concerned about the safety in South Africa:

http://www.newtimesonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15971&Itemid=213

If it will be cancelled, there are candidates like the USA and Mexico who would like to substitute South Africa.

What do you think and where should it take place instead of South Africa if you come to the conclusion that SA is not a safe place ?

Cheers

Rainer

Nothing to worry about or even contemplate moving the World Cup.

All will be safe and sound in SA because the twiddeling moron Mbeki will be gone by then.

Sure they do like shooting their white Afrikaaners or 'necklacing' the odd immigrant from poor neighbouring states...but hey, this is football stupid. :twisted:

Nothing to worry about or even contemplate moving the World Cup.

All will be safe and sound in SA because the twiddeling moron Mbeki will be gone by then.

Sure they do like shooting their white Afrikaaners or 'necklacing' the odd immigrant from poor neighbouring states...but hey, this is football stupid. :twisted:

Hhmm, not so sure whether it will be safe or not. I remember this story about the Austrian former football pro who was shot on a golf course when there was an official FIFA meeting held in SA some months ago.. That very day a couple of international football delegates had been robbed even in safe places , i.e. hotels - german delegate Oliver Bierhoff was one of the robbed - his laptop was gone, although there were people siiting next to him..

For sure there is a difference between a life and a laptop, even if some might say that their lifes are in their laptops and they would be nothing without it :D

So how safe is SA ? Reading the news about the riots and lots of refugees being assasinated I would tend to say that it isnt. At least in comparison to the former host countries.

Wembley for sure :D

Brand new standard :!: :arrow:

But all the others :?: :?:

I dont know about the standards :?: :!: :?:

With the exception of fuhams craven cottage (possibly too small) every stadium in the EPL is capable of staging a wc game.

I even forgot Anfield, Villa Park and Ewood Park....possibly Goodison and even in League 1 there are a couple of stadiums that can be used if needed, Elland Road and Leicesters Walkers Stadium.

Wembley for sure :D

Brand new standard :!: :arrow:

But all the others :?: :?:

I dont know about the standards :?: :!: :?:

With the exception of fuhams craven cottage (possibly too small) every stadium in the EPL is capable of staging a wc game.

I even forgot Anfield, Villa Park and Ewood Park....possibly Goodison and even in League 1 there are a couple of stadiums that can be used if needed, Elland Road and Leicesters Walkers Stadium.

Pride Park at Derby and Forest's City ground....

I imagine the South African authorities will give guarantees enough to reassure FIFA that security and player/spectator safety will be the highest priority and that any despairing, hungry, jobless, povetry-stricken, anti-foreign protestors will be shot on sight for the sake of the game.

Hoorah!

Though if in doubt, I think most European nations would be only to happy to offer themselves as viable alternatives.

it's just sensible economics. by killing the jobless, one improves unemployment stats.

Why Andy? Because hosting the World Cup would be England's best (as in only) chance of qualifying for it?! :P :twisted: :lol::P

:lol:

NOOOO :!:

SA have the tiket allready :roll:

And England have to fight for :lol:

But one thing here :arrow: I am very sorry for England for the EM :!: :!:

I like to see all the greath nations in the final games :!: :!:

:arrow: And for me all the donks what says : No Dutch on the WM or no English on the EM :!: :!:

Why Andy? Because hosting the World Cup would be England's best (as in only) chance of qualifying for it?! :P :twisted: :lol::P

:lol:

NOOOO :!:

SA have the tiket allready :roll:

And England have to fight for :lol:

But one thing here :arrow: I am very sorry for England for the EM :!: :!:

I like to see all the greath nations in the final games :!: :!:

:arrow: And for me all the donks what says : No Dutch on the WM or no English on the EM :!: :!: