ThailandFriends Fantasy League 2008/09

lizardo

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessin Beej has it this week due to his chelsea defence..

Can't check it tho for some reason

chelski defence my only bright note this week...

reina def getting dropped...

and defoe looking like chop also...

Would have been a bright note for the wanglers if Ashley Cole hadn't fagged off after 35 mins.. should hav swapped him for bosingwa while they were still the same price

Getting close up the top there mr Bryce, I did over hear that mr Harry Rednapp was contacted by the Strmash Wanders board to replace their flagging manager.

Redknapp??? Would take Ramos just now!!!! :lol:

I hear that McClaren even applied for the job, must be desperate times!

McClaren would be welcome...Berti Vogts has an interview tomorrow :lol:

Getting close up the top there mr Bryce, I did over hear that mr Harry Rednapp was contacted by the Strmash Wanders board to replace their flagging manager.

Oh ho! :shock:

What happened to my 15 minutes of fame?

I heard I was No. 1 then I get back and I?ve been pipped at the post.

Stinky Steinsson sneaked in with an assist and a clean sheet!

Oh well, mustn?t grumble, I wasn?t expecting a lucky hat-trick from Anelka.

And I?m paying the price for refusing to buy the Prancing Portuguese Ponce.

I must learn to leave my Anti-Man U bias at the Fantasy Door.

Now I can?t afford him anyway!

Now don?t try that again Mr. Beej

I've got to stop spending on players!

This week could be another good one but who do I put as captain? The most important choice!

Lampard with easy opposition but off the back of a Roma hammering?

Kuyt On a high with an easy team?

Zaki the goal monster with an easy opposition?

Ronaldo against an out of form Arsenal?

Its giving me a headache!!!

This week could be another good one but who do I put as captain? The most important choice!

Awwww?. nah song san.

Pass the Para

With that line-up why spend?

Don?t get greedy.

I strongly recommend you sell all your team (again) and pick Kamara (FUL) as your captain.

No, no? no need to thank me. Only too pleased to help

you think YOU got troubles?? i went to a lot of trouble to shuffle in adebayor only to have him head straight to the treatment table rather than the football pitch. had no choice but to shuffle in berbatov. captan dilemma is a tough one though.

i'm a bit cautious of good teams with easy opposition, sometimes it's a blowout but sometimes they park the bus, and it's low scoring and painfully dull. cryin' christina's been doin alright by me as captain i may just leave her in charge.

ps i expect Robinho will have an excellent season--in real life.

i expect him to be kinda crap at fantasy football. why? simple. he's playing as a winger, listed as a striker, most of the time. he's more of a playmaker than a scorer most of the time. the hat trick? he was lone man up front in a 433 (or 451, depending on how you read it). but most of the time he's a winger, and while he cuts in like ronaldo and has outstanding talent, he doesn't have the talent around him that ronaldo does. pains me to say it but i recommend giving him a miss for fantasy football purposes.

i expect him to be kinda crap at fantasy football. why? simple. he's playing as a winger, listed as a striker, most of the time. he's more of a playmaker than a scorer most of the time. the hat trick? he was lone man up front in a 433 (or 451, depending on how you read it). but most of the time he's a winger, and while he cuts in like ronaldo and has outstanding talent, he doesn't have the talent around him that ronaldo does. pains me to say it but i recommend giving him a miss for fantasy football purposes.

Benjani's back and he is cheap 6.7... If he starts tomorrow and defoe does **** again (or gets pushed out by Crouch) I may look at a reshuffle.. will also depend on Ashley Cole's return.. too many variables there.. guess I just don't want another reshuffle

Benjani's back and he is cheap 6.7... If he starts tomorrow and defoe does sh*t again (or gets pushed out by Crouch) I may look at a reshuffle.. will also depend on Ashley Cole's return.. too many variables there.. guess I just don't want another reshuffle

Benjani was in my team for the whole season before last and he rinsed it out, if he can start playing 90 minutes week in week out he's a good buy at that price!

Benjani's back and he is cheap 6.7... If he starts tomorrow and defoe does sh*t again (or gets pushed out by Crouch) I may look at a reshuffle.. will also depend on Ashley Cole's return.. too many variables there.. guess I just don't want another reshuffle

Benjani was in my team for the whole season before last and he rinsed it out, if he can start playing 90 minutes week in week out he's a good buy at that price!

regardless of injuries hughes hasn't had the same lineup two weeks in a row.

he's got a bazillion attacking options and about 2.5 defenders.

i'll hold off on picking City players until the billionaires replace him with the special one.

reshuffling ain't that big a deal. 4 point penalty isn't that tough to out-perform.

Benjani's unlikely to do much anytime soon (at least with any consistency) see other post.

reshuffling ain't that big a deal. 4 point penalty isn't that tough to out-perform.

Benjani's unlikely to do much anytime soon (at least with any consistency) see other post.

Main reason I don't like reshuffles is losing the price gain i.e. bought Defoe at 8.3 and have to sell him at 8.3.. if I want him again I can't afford him cause he's now 8.5.. The more switches you make the lower the value of your team gets (if current team are performing well and gaining in price that is). Plus everytime I get rid of a player they normally come back to bite me in the ass... .

Only thing that bit my ass today was not picking Lampard as my captain.. switched twice but kept going back to Ronaldo.. that and an overall **** performance by my team... don't want to check it this week

the thing about reshuffles is that if you're good at it, you buy players who appreciate in value. i've done MUCH better in FF as a financial enterprise than on the pitch. a few drops were punishing but if you can suss when someone's starting or ending a run of form it can help your team a lot. if they start on a run of poor form their value will drop. injured players don't change; i just dropped Adebayor to gain strength elsewhere; he'll still cost 11 when he comes back from injury (although i think there are better values in the 8-9 range, guys who are due to have hot streaks sooner or later).

the only time reshuffles get you in trouble is if you have players who are losing value and you are buying players who are gaining value. have to admit though that on the pitch, may of my reshuffles have proved capricious and not added much value.

have to say though that TF is a fairly strong league. i gave away a lot of points by reshuffling and not getting an immediate return on the 4 points i dropped per player--but i still had a pretty good week. i rose in every table in every league i'm in, including winning my head to head (i'm in 3rd on head to head)--except TF, where i dropped a place. well done guys.