• 12) Observer of Life
    • 13) Heat on the Street
    • 14) Alone in the dark....waiting
    • 15) Street Parade

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely think 2 or 3 stand out above the others - the one that got my vote (hate voting for my own) actually did not impress the first time I looked at it, but later I realised just how much I did like it.

Think there is a bit of a gap though in standards (not necessarily of composition, but of equipment)

Time for that debate soon Jens???

:D

2- why was uploaded in such a small size? ..its loosing a lot from that

9- voted (film pic?) I really like the f-eye look lately..

10- simple but not obvious..

as second though i would now change my vote for number 2..too late

Voted for no. 9 or no.2 then? Ithink no.9 got 7 votes since morning..

voted for n.9..

impeccable composition and nice light contrast between the indoor and the outside world. without mention the not too strong fishy look of the many vertical lines of the buildings and columns.

overall im having a third though..

2- why was uploaded in such a small size? ..its loosing a lot from that

9- voted (film pic?) I really like the f-eye look lately..

10- simple but not obvious..

as second though i would now change my vote for number 2..too late

Voted for no. 9 or no.2 then? Ithink no.9 got 7 votes since morning..

voted for n.9..

impeccable composition and nice light contrast between the indoor and the outside world. without mention the not too strong fishy look of the many vertical lines of the buildings and columns.

overall im having a third though..

:) Yes, agreed its a nice one.... :P

C'mon folks, distract your attention for a moment from that 'Opus Dei apprentice freaked out by bikini clad Thai girls bringing Thai culture down on its knees' thread and get your votes in.

Its a real close 4-way race this time (and sadly I'm near the bottom of the pile again :cry: ).

And of course comment on what you like and why or what not and why.

And who knows, maybe for the next month we'll have an 'end-of-year bikini shot' competition :wink: (...then again maybe not)

Apologies if that may hurt 'liberal' Spanish sensibilties. :roll:

8)

There was many National Geographic style street photos. I gave my vote after long consideration to the Kathmandu Spices. The person has used fish eye or something in very nice way to share the small streets and sights and smells. But I did like also the Volcano pic, busy weird place to me, window to something I have never seen. Then there were many other fun and nice ones that are bit less maybe exotic location shoots but still ... well much better than I have ever captured on film.

The Thai street racing pic is so funny! And then the picture of 24 hour life, reminds me how cray things re in Asia compared to my quiet home country. Well, I think I found something nice in almost all and would have liked to have more votes than one to give my thumbs up.

And who knows, maybe for the next month we'll have an 'end-of-year bikini shot' competition :wink:

Jens, you mean the pic number 13 is beej's? If I remember well (and I do) only he has such a twisted mind to offer such a subject for the photo competition.

Nobody has really put forward such an exciting topic....but sssshhhhh, just between us, ok?!...oh, hang on ....oooppss :shock:

Mentioning bikini-clad Thai girls appears to be a sure fire way of getting a lot of attention here on TF....who would have thought... :wink:

And of course comment on what you like and why or what not and why.

I like 5 pics (N: 4, 6, 9, 12 and 13). It was very difficult to choose... Finally yesterday I gave my vote for number 4 (Christmas Duck). Why? Because the pic is as good as others but got no vote. I found it's unfair.

Yes, I aggree the 'Christmas Ducks' have been treated very harshly.

I went for 8 due to the overall duality of composition balancing the shot quite well. Nature and humans, movement and stillness, proximity and distance.

I also went for it as I think it was taken in Penelokan north- east Bali?

It looks suspiciously like Mount Batur in North-East Bali:

http://www.balitravelholidays.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/batur.jpg

That's quite a guess.. if you're correct...