Obama Haters

Bruce551

Vbroker,

for the most part I agree with your politics. Moreso than the loonie lefties on here. Coulter, though, re-writes history and leaves out important parts. For instance, the reason why the Iranian oil pipelines shut down after Mossadegh nationalized them is that the Brits sabotaged them and pulled out all of their engineers.

The Anglo-Persian Oil company was ripping Iran off. They were giving them something like 10% of oil revenues. And they cooked the books and never allowed access to the financials to the Iranians. The Shah was their stooge and then he became our stooge. He was not much better a human being than Saddam Hussein.

Lots of inaccuracies in Coulters article. Artfully placed so that the average person (that knows nothing about history) will believe her little rant. I agree with Coulter a bit. But she should use real history.

Our plot to take out Mossadegh was misguided. We didn't remove him because we thought he was a nationalist. We removed him because JF Dulles was a fervent anti-communist and Churchill and Eden convinced Dulles and Ike that Mossodegh was a communist. And he wasn't. He was a nationalist.

Truman refused to go along with their ploy when they came to him. Truman, instead, attempted to talk the Brits into playing fairly with the Iranians. Specificallly in crafting a deal more along the lines of the Saudi/American oil deal.

But the Brits in the paternal "we know what's best for the natives" and "we will steal all of their natural resources and give them pennies for it if we damn well please" mentality would have not part of brokering a fair deal.

Coulter is wrong in this instance.

Next, she'll say that we were right all along in Vietnam. lol

The rest of the Coulter rant is too silly to bother with...

Have a nice day.

Emperor Obama has it all under control now anyway. I hear he's going to change his name to Valentinian III after his hero of Roman Empire fame.

P.S. Before anyone gets too happy or sad about that, you might want to research it. lol

i'm not commenting on the politics or e'en Ann Coulter's dubious attempts at history at this moment. i just wanted to applaud your post. i knew you had more in you than winding up Ciaran and Beej... good to see you let it out now and then.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

choosing Ann Coulter to post for any reason says interesting things about you, the successful person making the most of his life and thought.

it says you are a nutcase.

Closing your mind to things make one dull.

Coulter, though she more often than not spews venom in a manner that turns people off, makes valid points. Her points would hit home with a larger crowd if she would tone down and not use a highly partisan revisionist slant in her writings.

her 'valid points' might hit home with a larger crowd if she didn't constantly demonstrate an utter disregard for facts. if anything it expresses contempt for her audience, and paints the people who think she is in any way credible as clownish mongs. she seems to be doing her utmost to marginalize the Republican party. i think she's a double agent and closet liberal.

JackD wrote:

The Muslims are but the front show.

There ya go soundin like all muslims are in on the plot. quotes like this will lead to bigot theories. Extremists are used by the US to paint the world domination plot that the US has to protect the world from as it ahem dominates the world. I know there are bad guys I'm not naive but your sounding naive if you don't see that corporate America is the biggest one out there. Using all the little countries for cheap labor. Allowing Monsantos to destroy eco systems and farming communities with its poisons. Nestle and Coke sucking the world aquifers dry. Money rules not the USA. Obama is a good salesman but ultimately he is just that. And those nasty extremists make a good excuse to hang around the gas and oil fields to make sure the US stays in control. For freedom ? yea right ........

choosing Ann Coulter to post for any reason says interesting things about you, the successful person making the most of his life and thought.

It's said actions speak louder than words. To my amusement again, I'm accused of being a nut case via a few posts here. Yet, you've moved there to do WHAT, exactly? Other than pros that is.......

Closing your mind to things make one dull.

Coulter, though she more often than not spews venom in a manner that turns people off, makes valid points. Her points would hit home with a larger crowd if she would tone down and not use a highly partisan revisionist slant in her writings.

her 'valid points' might hit home with a larger crowd if she didn't constantly demonstrate an utter disregard for facts. if anything it expresses contempt for her audience, and paints the people who think she is in any way credible as clownish mongs. she seems to be doing her utmost to marginalize the Republican party. i think she's a double agent and closet liberal.

How much larger a crowd do Coulter (8, 10, 12 blockbuster bestsellers?) and Limbaugh (20 million listeners/week) need? And don't bother telling me they play only to their respective "bases." The entire cadre of left wing clowns COMBINED don't touch either of these two.

I'll say it again: the ONLY reason this guy got into office with a slight majority is because a particular, gullible voting block that hadn't been a presidential election deciding factor in a generation plus showed up en mass. The 18-35 block are going to soon discover what a potential train wreck this administration is as he spends this country into oblivion and destroys their financial future.

JackD wrote:

There ya go soundin like all muslims are in on the plot. quotes like this will lead to bigot theories. Extremists are used by the US to paint the world domination plot that the US has to protect the world from as it ahem dominates the world. I know there are bad guys I'm not naive but your sounding naive if you don't see that corporate America is the biggest one out there. Using all the little countries for cheap labor. Allowing Monsantos to destroy eco systems and farming communities with its poisons. Nestle and Coke sucking the world aquifers dry. Money rules not the USA. Obama is a good salesman but ultimately he is just that. And those nasty extremists make a good excuse to hang around the gas and oil fields to make sure the US stays in control. For freedom ? yea right ........

Holy sh*t that's gotta be some bloody gnarly ganja you're growing out there in the eastern backwoods.......

It's said actions speak louder than words. To my amusement again, I'm accused of being a nut case via a few posts here. Yet, you've moved there to do WHAT, exactly? Other than pros that is.......

Every time one of the male posters who lives in Thailand disagrees with you, you try and ?score points? by claiming he lives here for the purpose of having sex with prostitutes.

From what I?ve seen, most of the regular male posters who live here have girlfriends who work office jobs or have other respectable employment.

So why do you do that, aside from the fact you don?t seem to have any consciousness about what a prick and and an a**hole you?re making of yourself?

To deflect attention from the blatantly obvious fact that you are a ?

SEX TOURIST

You?ve come here several times and always stay in a fleabag hotel on Soi Nana ? of all the places in this city - then write journals about how much money you spend in Gullivers on Soi 5 and yet they still give you bad service.

And what are most of the women who hang out by themselves in Gullivers?

Prostitutes.

Looking at your photos I can see why you?re such a good customer.

But go ahead. Make up more garbage about others.

Could you possibly be any more of a low life?

No, not really.

JackD wrote:

Must one always state "some" or "many" or "a bunch" or "a lot of" or "part of the population of" for it to be understood.

You have no problems when people write something bad about christians but leave out the now seemingly obligatory "some" or "part" or " a percentage of." You and others only have this silly little hissy fit when it comes to Muzzies.

I'll say this again. There are millions of individual Muslims who live across the globe who wish only to live their lives in peace amongst peoples of any and all creeds, races, sexes, religions, etc.

I'm just going to paste that equal opportunity thingie in all of my posts from now on in case I happen to mention a pet of the liberal PC establishment. Then I'm covered on all bases.

Give me a ******* BREAK!

oh...and no, corporate America is not the biggest crook out there.

anyone who believes that is naive in my opinion.

corporate America is a devious, greedy bunch of SOBs.

But they've not come near China or the Soviet Union or even the EU. Not by a 1,000 years.

corporate America is small change, small potatoes compared to those three.

Overall, Coulter's columns are highly critical of liberals and Democrats. In one, she wrote:

"This year's Democratic plan for the future is another inane sound bite designed to trick American voters into trusting them with national security.

To wit, they're claiming there is no connection between the war on terror and the war in Iraq, and while they're all for the war against terror ? absolutely in favor of that war ? they are adamantly opposed to the Iraq war. (She f*cked in the head, ridiculous)

You know, the war where the U.S. military is killing thousands upon thousands of terrorists (described in the media as "Iraqi civilians", even if they are from Jordan, like the now-dead leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi). That war."

She's an opportunist, no intelligent person could take her seriously. Except for a right wing extremist.

JackD wrote:

Must one always state "some" or "many" or "a bunch" or "a lot of" or "part of the population of" for it to be understood.

You have no problems when people write something bad about christians but leave out the now seemingly obligatory "some" or "part" or " a percentage of." You and others only have this silly little hissy fit when it comes to Muzzies.

I'll say this again. There are millions of individual Muslims who live across the globe who wish only to live their lives in peace amongst peoples of any and all creeds, races, sexes, religions, etc.

I'm just going to paste that equal opportunity thingie in all of my posts from now on in case I happen to mention a pet of the liberal PC establishment. Then I'm covered on all bases.

Give me a f*cking BREAK!

If you want to say muslims when talking about extremists then say christians when referring to the US. Saying Muslims in the context you do just breeds ignorance and makes you look that. Sorry no breaks.

oh...and no, corporate America is not the biggest crook out there.

anyone who believes that is naive in my opinion.

corporate America is a devious, greedy bunch of SOBs.

But they've not come near China or the Soviet Union or even the EU. Not by a 1,000 years.

corporate America is small change, small potatoes compared to those three.

Soviets and China are corporate enterprises as is the US and they are controlled from above imo. US is just more evolved as its been in the modern game longer. Seems China could buy the US except they need the grain.

Overall, Coulter's columns are highly critical of liberals and Democrats. In one, she wrote:

"This year's Democratic plan for the future is another inane sound bite designed to trick American voters into trusting them with national security.

To wit, they're claiming there is no connection between the war on terror and the war in Iraq, and while they're all for the war against terror ? absolutely in favor of that war ? they are adamantly opposed to the Iraq war. (She f*cked in the head, ridiculous)

You know, the war where the U.S. military is killing thousands upon thousands of terrorists (described in the media as "Iraqi civilians", even if they are from Jordan, like the now-dead leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi). That war."

She's an opportunist, no intelligent person could take her seriously. Except for a right wing extremist.

One good thing about Coulter and Limbaugh is they are rising to the top of the heap of the right wing which highlights them for what they have become, not conservative but extremist.

Jdaniels wrote:

So when the Christians invaded Iraq they were looking for WMDs right. But the Christians couldn't find them but they stayed to fight the nasty Muslims to help the good Muslims be free. Now the Christians are marching to save the Muslims in Afghanistan be free from the ahhh Muslims? Ooh hell they are just words you'll figure it out........ ahh who cares :roll: some of my best friends are muslims, they must be good at some sport right ?

Army ads looked so cool - i signed right up.

Besides, it was the only way could find a job.

"great place to start" and see the world womanize at discos

and fake going nuts to scam infirmary drugs

so send in the clowns the nato circus is here to protect you

your choice must be ours

yankee corruption or the big bad soviet threat

don't you feel secure sending our top guns to guard your sky?

flying their fighter planes upside down,

stoned out of their minds.

for a real hot time, how 'bout an air show crash?

or a g.i. riding a stolen tank through downtown manhattan

and off the riverbank where he drowns.

fall in with the clowns, remember,

nato is here to protect you with nuclear bombs that come to visit

and decided to stay.

[Chorus:]

attack! attack!

of the peacekeepers attack!

the charge of the joke brigade

in charge we can blow up the world more times than you

we'll show 'em we'll show 'em with radioactive subs

we'll show 'em we'll show 'em with missiles in your back yard

guarded by soldiers on acid during night watch

and generals who care only for fat pensions and bribes

if that don't scare the commies nothing will

except maybe our bradley tanks tripping over themselves

both powers have one goal in common:

to keep germany divided

never strong enough to start another world war

occupied by the clowns

is it really you, nato is here to protect?

with berlin type walls when they came to visit

we all decided to stay.

was Jello singing about JD?? :wink: :lol:

Jdaniels wrote:

So when the Christians invaded Iraq they were looking for WMDs right. But the Christians couldn't find them but they stayed to fight the nasty Muslims to help the good Muslims be free. Now the Christians are marching to save the Muslims in Afghanistan be free from the ahhh Muslims? Ooh hell they are just words you'll figure it out........ ahh who cares :roll: some of my best friends are muslims, they must be good at some sport right ?

well, that sounds about like your typical self flagellating liberal PC rant. Something off of dailyKoz or MoveOn.org. Right down what seems to be your alley. I have no doubt that some Democrats/Liberals in the US/EU truly feel that way.

And I don't give a **** what you say about Christians. I like that ridiculous set of mythological bullshit as much as I like the Muzzie mythological bullshit. You can't seem to remember that. Or it doesn't faze you because it doesn't set off your PC alarms.

Also, the US Army and the Coalition forces are comprised of members of all religions. The Muslims fighting against them are...well, they're all Muslim now aren't they. There are Muslims in the US Army fighting Muslims in the insurgencies and the taliban, etc, etc, etc Let's not forget the Shi'a who were targeted by the Sunni insurgents in an attempt to turn them against the Coalition.

And all that you say in our rant is true. But still. The Muslims that we are fighting with are not folks with whom you would want to build your progressive, Utopian, PC society. They're not what you would call progressive. They would force your wife to cover herself and call her a ***** if she walked around exposed. And they'd stone your daughter for having pre-marital sex. Even if she was raped. So no, you're rant doesn't really work.

How's this for you?

The Muslims who believe that Islam will one day rule the f*cking world are but the front show.

If that sounds extremist to you, then be careful. That is a central tenet of Muslim belief. It's a duty of all good Muslims to make that a reality. One World. One Religion.

Now go to Kosovo and Albania. Where many Muslims are Muslims in the same way that you and I are Christian. We were born in a majority Christian country. I met many an Albanian and Kosovar Muslim who didn't know the first thing about Islam. Even so, ask them their religion and they will tell you that they are Muslim.

Ain't the world just ******* grand.

Careful now. You'll have to call yourself a ******* bigot.

And no, don't call yourself a racist. Because contrary to the beliefs of some idiots Islam is not a race but a religion that is comprised of most of the races and nationalities that exist on this planet. From China to Africa to South America to North America to Europe and so on and so forth.

Goes back to the question that no one will ever answer. What is a moderate Muslim?

JDaniels wrote:

the US Army and the Coalition forces are comprised of members of all religions.

Yea and the Iraqis that got bombed to **** for an oops were Muslim so deserved to be bombed including the christian Iraqis.

Lump them all together and kill. How many shooting back just joined in because their family got blown up in the initial bombing.

There is a difference in Muslim and Muslim extremist as much as Christian and Christian extremist. Bush is a Christian extremist. Hell I don't care what you call anyone just sayin. So is anyone who lives in Asia suspect of being a Muzzie.

JDaniels wrote:

Quote:

The Muslims who believe that Islam will one day rule the f*cking world are but the front show.

If that sounds extremist to you, then be careful. That is a central tenet of Muslim belief. It's a duty of all good Muslims to make that a reality. One World. One Religion.

And did you ever listen to hardcore christians talk about what they are expecting for our future. First of all only 144,000 survive and all the dead rise from the grave. Its like some cheap horror flix. And they believe it hard core. Hell if I had to choose I'd have to go with the 70 virgins before dawn of the dead. Face it both religions are sick to the core. No room to have your own view with hardcore christians or you will burn in Hell. I've had relatives cry because they thought I was going to hell.

The thing is I personally don't think the mass of Islam is ready to join the extremists anymore then christians want to fight like the middle ages. Its a war manufactured by a few.

:shock:

JDaniels wrote:

Yea and the Iraqis that got bombed to sh*t for an oops were Muslim so deserved to be bombed including the christian Iraqis.

Lump them all together and kill. How many shooting back just joined in because their family got blown up in the initial bombing.

if you say so, I've not said that. There are levels of extremism. You take a Muslim and a Christian with the same level of faith. The Muslim you call moderate. The Christian you call fundamentalist and loonie.'

There is a difference in Muslim and Muslim extremist as much as Christian and Christian extremist. Bush is a Christian extremist. Hell I don't care what you call anyone just sayin. So is anyone who lives in Asia suspect of being a Muzzie.

If Bush is a Christian extremist then there are no moderate Muslims

JDaniels wrote:

Quote:

And did you ever listen to hardcore christians talk about what they are expecting for our future. First of all only 144,000 survive and all the dead rise from the grave. Its like some cheap horror flix. And they believe it hard core. Hell if I had to choose I'd have to go with the 70 virgins before dawn of the dead. Face it both religions are sick to the core. No room to have your own view with hardcore christians or you will burn in Hell. I've had relatives cry because they thought I was going to hell. {b]How many of these folks are strapping on suicide vests and blowing their fellow believers up. How many of Baptists violently riot against Catholics and murder and maim other denominations as a lifestyle.

The thing is I personally don't think the mass of Islam is ready to join the extremists anymore then christians want to fight like the middle ages. Its a war manufactured by a few.

The problem with the Muslim world is the mass illiteracy and ignorance amongst them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll be called a bigot or a racist for saying so. Muslim culture is highly pressured. It takes one (1) extremist in a room full of "moderate Muslims" to turn the whole room into faux extremists.

I agree with you in some respects. What irks me about you and the other Western Liberals on this board (and elsewhere) is your hypersensitivity to one and disgust for the other. I hold both in contempt while you play Politically Correct favorites with one and completely discount the other with disgust and disdain.

How many Christian Churches are used as recruiting grounds for suicide bombers.

How many times have you heard of women being targeted for rape so as to turn them into candidates for suicide bombings.

How often are Christian women murdered for crimes against chastity.

How often are Christian women the victims of honor killings.

A moderate Muslim is comparable to a fundamentalist Christian.

Yet, you rail against Christians in general and defend Muslims as though you believe as they do. You defend the very thing concerning Muslims that you abhor about Christians.

It's a huge HUGE HUGE double standard.

The Police that I mentor and instruct are those who you think of as Moderate Muslims. Their mentality is that of the fundamentalist Christian that you abhor.

You make no sense.

You can't defend one and rail against the other. Well, you can. But you lose all credibility.

JDaniels wrote:

Goes back to the question that no one will ever answer. What is a moderate Muslim?

See thats a major point. How many Muslims are extremists.

I was raised christian church and all but now think its a death cult drinking blood and pretending to cannibalize the body of the man they say you have to believe in to get into heaven. So how many Christians think about that when they are watching the latest zombie movie. I think the major religions are losing their attraction although people still use them to find some spiritual significance in their life. Thats why education was such a dangerous thing and the dark ages began. We're still crawling out of the dark ages really.

I think the major movement to back off slagging muslims in the US was started to keep innocent muslim or arab looking people from getting beat in the street for being of the same faith as the 911 culprits. I saw people in Turbans getting ridiculed in NYC on the streets. I don't think its a bad idea to differentiate between extremist and just happen to be arab and raised muslim. Or we can just shoot em all and ask questions later.

With muslim people, the problem is that Coran text is pushin people to kill non-muslims, to destroy them and let them suffer...

If anybody writes now such sentences in any book, the book will be immediately banned, and maybe the author put into jail for religious racism en crime promotion..

And because this is "holy coran" we can say nothing???

Well, very very strange...

Anyway we never see budhist or christian driving a plane into a building, or suicide bombing in streets...

So, i think they really have a problem... And the origin of the problem is agressive and racist holy texts against "non muslim" people, this means against you and me.....

See the film "Fitna", just forget the way it is buid, but read the text references into Coran book... than go and see into Coran text: all he says is true...

http://www.themoviefitna.com/?page_id=47

Ok, they are many "moderate" muslims, among them many good people: the problem is that they spread the coran text, which can promote the "bad" side...

It is easy to found among internet and newspaper islam leaders asking their people to kill non-muslims...

It is impossible to found such talks among Budhist, christians and other religion leaders... Maybe a few psychopaths from time to time, no more...

So, i think, any books promoting hate, racism, encouragement to kill should be banned from our countries, as well as any people promoting these books...

This is the only solution, i think...

JDaniels wrote:

Yea and the Iraqis that got bombed to sh*t for an oops were Muslim so deserved to be bombed including the christian Iraqis.

if you say so, I've not said that. There are levels of extremism. You take a Muslim and a Christian with the same level of faith. The Muslim you call moderate. The Christian you call fundamentalist and loonie.'

If Bush is a Christian extremist then there are no moderate Muslims

JDaniels wrote:

Quote:

And did you ever listen to hardcore christians talk about what they are expecting for our future. First of all only 144,000 survive and all the dead rise from the grave. Its like some cheap horror flix. And they believe it hard core. Hell if I had to choose I'd have to go with the 70 virgins before dawn of the dead. Face it both religions are sick to the core. No room to have your own view with hardcore christians or you will burn in Hell. I've had relatives cry because they thought I was going to hell. {b]How many of these folks are strapping on suicide vests and blowing their fellow believers up. How many of Baptists violently riot against Catholics and murder and maim other denominations as a lifestyle.

The problem with the Muslim world is the mass illiteracy and ignorance amongst them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll be called a bigot or a racist for saying so. Muslim culture is highly pressured. It takes one (1) extremist in a room full of "moderate Muslims" to turn the whole room into faux extremists.

I agree with you in some respects. What irks me about you and the other Western Liberals on this board (and elsewhere) is your hypersensitivity to one and disgust for the other. I hold both in contempt while you play Politically Correct favorites with one and completely discount the other with disgust and disdain.

How many Christian Churches are used as recruiting grounds for suicide bombers.

How many times have you heard of women being targeted for rape so as to turn them into candidates for suicide bombings.

How often are Christian women murdered for crimes against chastity.

How often are Christian women the victims of honor killings.

A moderate Muslim is comparable to a fundamentalist Christian.

Yet, you rail against Christians in general and defend Muslims as though you believe as they do. You defend the very thing concerning Muslims that you abhor about Christians.

It's a huge HUGE HUGE double standard.

The Police that I mentor and instruct are those who you think of as Moderate Muslims. Their mentality is that of the fundamentalist Christian that you abhor.

You make no sense.

You can't defend one and rail against the other. Well, you can. But you lose all credibility.

I think the base of Islam is a thousand years behind the west due to the lack of mass education and freedom of knowledge. They are just touching on womens lib but its coming. Horrid laws that I doubt will last the century. I don't know Islam enough to bash them so I don't except as the evidence is before me.

People are sheep and christians can be whipped into a frenzy with a good preacher ready to kill those nasty abortion Drs or Bomb a clinic. The Clan rallies around a burning cross and did horrid things to other humans in the name of Jesus.

Basic human traits seem to run thru us all. What power does to the Ego etc.

JDaniels wrote:

See thats a major point. How many Muslims are extremists.

I was raised christian church and all but now think its a death cult drinking blood and pretending to cannibalize the body of the man they say you have to believe in to get into heaven. So how many Christians think about that when they are watching the latest zombie movie. I think the major religions are losing their attraction although people still use them to find some spiritual significance in their life. Thats why education was such a dangerous thing and the dark ages began. We're still crawling out of the dark ages really.

I think the major movement to back off slagging muslims in the US was started to keep innocent muslim or arab looking people from getting beat in the street for being of the same faith as the 911 culprits. I saw people in Turbans getting ridiculed in NYC on the streets. I don't think its a bad idea to differentiate between extremist and just happen to be arab and raised muslim. Or we can just shoot em all and ask questions later.

The dark ages began because Rome was destroyed. Roman Civilization. The Barbarians from the North destroyed the "civilized world."

Monks were many of the "heroes" who kept the light of learning alive. Christian monks saved many of the works of the old age that allowed Europeans to maintain the writings of earlier ages.

Monks who were Christians.

They weren't the only ones and yes, the Catholic Church held back mankind in the Dark Ages for a long while. But some Christians were learned and kept the spark of enlightenment alive. Most of the early philosophers and learned men of the Renaissance were members of the Church. You can't completely condemn Christians without also recognizing the contributions of other Christians.

You paint Christians again with a broad brush again. All the while telling me that I can't do so concerning Muslims.

And I have not done this. We have had this discussion before. Yet, you choose to forget what I've said earlier.

I live and work amongst Muslims. I know that there are good Muslims. First hand. I've said so many times.

Yet, conveniently, when your PC hackles are raised. You seem to incoherently forget all that has come before.

FraciousP wrote:

Anyway we never see budhist or christian driving a plane into a building, or suicide bombing in streets...

Christians have bombed abortion clinics in recent years and in the not so distant past white "christians attacked other races and tortured and killed them. Being Black in the US a hundred years ago was survival. As I said in a previous post I see the Muslim world as behind the west due to education. The west has been free to think and learn and become civilized :lol: sure we are. Now I don't now of any budhist or confuciust going wacko but christians have had many many.

Education is a dangerous thing to ignorant religions for sure.

FraciousP wrote:

Christians have bombed abortion clinics in recent years and in the not so distant past white "christians attacked other races and tortured and killed them. Being Black in the US a hundred years ago was survival. As I said in a previous post I see the Muslim world as behind the west due to education. The west has been free to think and learn and become civilized :lol: sure we are. Now I don't now of any budhist or confuciust going wacko but christians have had many many.

do you mean Christians going wacko or Waco?? :?

JDaniels wrote:

Monks were many of the "heroes" who kept the light of learning alive. Christian monks saved many of the works of the old age that allowed Europeans to maintain the writings of earlier ages.

Monks who were Christians.

They weren't the only ones and yes, the Catholic Church held back mankind in the Dark Ages for a long while. But some Christians were learned and kept the spark of enlightenment alive. Most of the early philosophers and learned men of the Renaissance were members of the Church. You can't completely condemn Christians without also recognizing the contributions of other Christians.

It was a bizzarre time in history the dark ages. My understanding is that christian leaders destroyed knowledge to keep the masses ignorant and obedient to the church after the initial destruction by the barbarian hordes. Yes some monks safeguarded books and knowledge but at the same time it was metered out to the public as a matter of control. An educated man could find himself in Prison for holding an intellectual conversation in a bar in 12 century Paris. On the other hand an educated man in muslim held europe of the same time would be whisked away to have conversation with the local Shah. The hordes destroyed the libraries of Alexandria and then what was left of knowledge took years to find it way back into the light. I think its taking longer to find the light in the muslim world especially places like Afghanistan.

Christianity served its purpose and sure there were many great christians but it is now 2009 and the light is on.

FraciousP wrote:

its the new wacko

FraciousP wrote:

its the new wacko

waco is the new wacko?? or wacko is the new waco?

:?