World Cup 2010 qualification

LakeGeneve

didn't see the match but GREAT result for the USA vs Spain 2-0. ending Spain's streak is arguably the USA's greatest achievement in foo-- errr, soccer. and yep for today, we can call it 'soccer.' cause we f*cking BEAT SPAIN, THAT'S WHY.

have to agree - thought USA were outstanding last night and contained Spain throughout the match.

And ok, you can call it soccer, but just for today ok? :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't see the match but GREAT result for the USA vs Spain 2-0. ending Spain's streak is arguably the USA's greatest achievement in foo-- errr, soccer. and yep for today, we can call it 'soccer.' cause we f*cking BEAT SPAIN, THAT'S WHY.

Yep, it took the USA to stop the Spainish streak, how funny.

soccer is not even popular in the US, the best US athletes play other sports such as American football, and basketball, yet with our second level athletes, we still can compete against nations who's best athletes play this single sport. :lol: Go USA.

i dont feel great about our chances with Brazil though.

Yep, your big overweight players in the NLF (certain positions), whose only purpose is to block people, are far better athletes than the '2nd level' soccer players you talk about.......

Idiotic statements aside, I guess if/when 'soccer' rises beyond 2nd level in the American psyche and the big money is there, the US will have a world beating team eventually.

soccer is not even popular in the US, the best US athletes play other sports such as American football, and basketball, yet with our second level athletes, we still can compete against nations who's best athletes play this single sport. :lol: Go USA.

Yep, your big overweight players in the NLF (certain positions), whose only purpose is to block people, are far better athletes than the '2nd level' soccer players you talk about.......

Idiotic statements aside, I guess if/when 'soccer' rises beyond 2nd level in the American psyche and the big money is there, the US will have a world beating team eventually.

narak_mai---->>>> .....U never watch anything..just shut ur mouth up and kiss me ooppsss....don't comment anything that u never watch......shutttt upppppp :twisted: :twisted: :shock:( and let's go to bed baby) i need to do some home work!!! :lol:

Ballers: Ah yes your best athletes play basketball .. remind me what the USA did in recent basketball tournaments ? Appart from the last one, their curriculum wasn't that great ...

American Footballers ??: 6foot5, 300+ pounds isn't exactly soccer material ...

Don't forget that MLS is in the middle of a season right now .. most European players have just ended their long season, and should be somewhere on a beach .. trust me, for most of these guys the Confederation's Cup is the least of their worries (just as NBA players didn't alwasy compete on worldcups, olympic games, etc)...

Who actually remembers the last Confederation's Cup winner ... a normal guess would lead you to Brazil indeed

I love basketball, american football, but just drop your 'with our second level athletes-overly cocky-bullshit ... it's embarressing

:lol: yeah right, The Top athletes in the USA do not Play soccer. Everyone that has a clue would no this.

Soccer/Futball in the USA is mostly a subburban sport, its a Upper middle class sport, mostly white kids play soccer.

The fastest athlets play American Football, Im talking about the receivers, corners, safety, running backs, many of the football players Run Track and field also. They can run 100 meters under 10-11 seconds, not the lineman dude, lolzzzz. the quickest athletes play basketball, who are 6 feet and taller and have a 40 inch vertical leap.

ALL the Top athletes in the USA play american football and basketball. thats just fact, you can ask any soccer player in America. :lol:

All the top athletes in all these other countires like Brazil, Spain, Italy, etc play soccer/futball, thats just fact.

Ballers: Ah yes your best athletes play basketball .. remind me what the USA did in recent basketball tournaments ? Appart from the last one, their curriculum wasn't that great ...

American Footballers ??: 6foot5, 300+ pounds isn't exactly soccer material ...

Don't forget that MLS is in the middle of a season right now .. most European players have just ended their long season, and should be somewhere on a beach .. trust me, for most of these guys the Confederation's Cup is the least of their worries (just as NBA players didn't alwasy compete on worldcups, olympic games, etc)...

Who actually remembers the last Confederation's Cup winner ... a normal guess would lead you to Brazil indeed

I love basketball, american football, but just drop your 'with our second level athletes-overly cocky-bullshit ... it's embarressing

:lol: yeah right, The Top athletes in the USA do not Play soccer. Everyone that has a clue would no this.

Soccer/Futball in the USA is mostly a subburban sport, its a Upper middle class sport, mostly white kids play soccer.

The fastest athlets play American Football, Im talking about the receivers, corners, safety, running backs, many of the football players Run Track and field also. They can run 100 meters under 10-11 seconds, not the lineman dude, lolzzzz. the quickest athletes play basketball, who are 6 feet and taller and have a 40 inch vertical leap.

ALL the Top athletes in the USA play american football and basketball. thats just fact, you can ask any soccer player in America. :lol:

All the top athletes in all these other countires like Brazil, Spain, Italy, etc play soccer/futball, thats just fact.

hey did you know ironically a football player wide reciever chad johnson was an excellent soccer player but had to choose football over soccer because that is where all the money is in america but chad johnson follows the english premiere league..brazil and south american futbol

I personally love soccer but,

I believe soccer is only huge on a amteaur level in the US but I don't believe it will never make it to the american football level or baseball popularity level. unfortunately americans like to see fast but a score every 5 minutes soccer has the agression that america likes but not enough scores. I am surprise that the US didn't shorten the field to get more scores. kinda like golf how it was boring until tiger woods came along making greens in very few strokes..

the reason I love the world cup is that it is truely world participation. america always totes world champions..without the world really involved. but with the world cup a small country like suriname could actually be world cup champions.

I can't wait for World Cup I am looking forward to watch every and match and tape them as well...

news flash #1: if your community college team beats UNC on a day they're mailing it in, they're still Carolina. and your community college team are still nobody.

news flash #3: population of the USA approximately 300 million. population of Spain approximately 40 million.

one team beating the other was big news because the lowly underdog won. which team was that again?

just sayin'.

the USA has had a pretty decent football side for the last 12-16 years. i'd also guess most of the current side/squad play in major-ish leagues outside of the USA or have done at some stage in their career !!

all the better players have played in europe yeh. many still been playing in urop (including both scorers, fulham's Dempsey and Villareal's Altidore).

incidentally both Fulham and Olympiakos are trying to buy Altidore. he's a major talent. but to put things in perspective, Barca have shown no interest in Altidore.

narak_mai---->>>> .....U never watch anything..just shut ur mouth up and kiss me ooppsss....don't comment anything that u never watch......shutttt upppppp :twisted: :twisted: :shock:( and let's go to bed baby) i need to do some home work!!! :lol:

That's 'house work"....not home work......like.....in de house stuff.......

kinda like golf how it was boring until tiger woods came along making greens in very few strokes.

news flash #2: even with Tiger Woods, golf is still about as exciting to watch as paint drying.

i sometimes like watching golf, PineHurst in NC is one of the best if not the best golf courses in the US. I rather watch golf then baseball anyday.

news flash #3: population of the USA approximately 300 million. population of Spain approximately 40 million.

one team beating the other was big news because the lowly underdog won. which team was that again?

just sayin'.

u have to understand the USA its society and how it works, Soccer is a middle to upper income sport for kids growing up. Kids play soccer growing up as a means of exercise, after studying and school activities they go practice, now and then some one with talent is spotted and the person continues to play soccer past his youth and into highschool and college, and the best of those goes on to play for club teams.

Football and Basketball is mostly an urban sport, these kids have nothing to do but play sports, many of the most talented players come from these poor neighborhoods where if you dont succeed in sports, you will most likely end up dead or selling drugs. Just like the best Brazilian players come from the slums of Brazil. These kids are mostly if not all black kids who do nothing but play basketball and football since they were little kids, they learn just enough to get into college, many kids cheat on their entrance exames so they will qualify to go to college, when in college they have other students take their test. What i mean by that is, sports is their only means of survival. Unlike an upper middle class sport like soccer where kids have their parents money, and getting an education is what is most important.

Urban kids do not play soccer, there are dozens of professional and semi professional basketball and football leagues for kids who dont make it to the big leagues. These kids are the kids who can run the fastest and jump the highest, if they at an early age played soccer instead of football and soccer, then you would not see any of the current members of the US national team because athletly they dont compare to the kids who choose basketball and football.

just sayin'.

u have to understand the USA its society and how it works, Soccer is a middle to upper income sport for kids growing up. Kids play soccer growing up as a means of exercise, after studying and school activities they go practice, now and then some one with talent is spotted and the person continues to play soccer past his youth and into highschool and college, and the best of those goes on to play for club teams.

Football and Basketball is mostly an urban sport, these kids have nothing to do but play sports, many of the most talented players come from these poor neighborhoods where if you dont succeed in sports, you will most likely end up dead or selling drugs. Just like the best Brazilian players come from the slums of Brazil. These kids are mostly if not all black kids who do nothing but play basketball and football since they were little kids, they learn just enough to get into college, many kids cheat on their entrance exames so they will qualify to go to college, when in college they have other students take their test. What i mean by that is, sports is their only means of survival. Unlike an upper middle class sport like soccer where kids have their parents money, and getting an education is what is most important.

Urban kids do not play soccer, there are dozens of professional and semi professional basketball and football leagues for kids who dont make it to the big leagues. These kids are the kids who can run the fastest and jump the highest, if they at an early age played soccer instead of football and soccer, then you would not see any of the current members of the US national team because athletly they dont compare to the kids who choose basketball and football.

what a crock of ****.

Many of the current US national team ply their trade at some of the best clubs in Europe and certainly in some of the best (and most physically demanding) leagues in the world.

Remember, real football is non stop for 2 halfs of 45 minutes; none of this namby pamby few minutes at a time of American football, or 4 quarters (of admittedly intense action) lasting 10/12 minutes each in basketball.

You should really learn to engage brain before putting mouth in gear.

:roll:

what a crock of sh*t.

Many of the current US national team ply their trade at some of the best clubs in Europe and certainly in some of the best (and most physically demanding) leagues in the world.

Remember, real football is non stop for 2 halfs of 45 minutes; none of this namby pamby few minutes at a time of American football, or 4 quarters (of admittedly intense action) lasting 10/12 minutes each in basketball.

Are you an Idiot? what does that have anythnig to do with what I explained? Yeah I agree, the second rate US athletes can play at the finest level in Europe.

Do you not comprehend that the Soccer pool of Athletes is very small interms of the over all Best Athletes in America? thats the entire point of my post, but it seems your too stupid to realize that :?

The biggest, strongest, fastest, quickest athletes overwhelming play basketball and football, Thats just Pure Fact. Only a very very very small percentage of the good athleticly gifted ppl play soccer. How can they, Soccer does not have the exposer in the USA, If you are a Top athlete you learn how to play Football, baseball or Basketball if you want to make money.

what a crock of sh*t.

Are you an Idiot? what does that have anythnig to do with what I explained? Yeah I agree, the second rate US athletes can play at the finest level in Europe.

Do you not comprehend that the Soccer pool of Athletes is very small interms of the over all Best Athletes in America? thats the entire point of my post, but it seems your too stupid to realize that :?

The biggest, strongest, fastest, quickest athletes overwhelming play basketball and football, Thats just Pure Fact. Only a very very very small percentage of the good athleticly gifted ppl play soccer. How can they, Soccer does not have the exposer in the USA, If you are a Top athlete you learn how to play Football, baseball or Basketball if you want to make money.

The only idiot, nay, idiot is too tame a word, imbecile is far more apt, round here is you.

The only thing in your last 2 posts that has any veracity or credibility to it is the point regarding making money (within the US anyway) which is why your top real football players ply their trade in other countries.

You stated that should the top athletes in baseball, basketball or padded up rugby, turn their attentions to proper football, then none of the current US squad would get a game.

This statement, in simple language you can understand, is ****. Firstly, the physical demands of each game are vastly different. Both basketball and padded up rugby (PUR) are games involving short periods of intense physical effort. I doubt if more than a small percentage of PUR players could play football for the more prolonged periods of 2 x 45 minutes. Similarly, the athletes who play glorified rounders expend energy in short bursts rather than prolonged.

A simple analogy (for a simple person) would be between a 100 metre sprinter and a long distance runner; each has their own niche and speciality and could not really compete in the other's domain.

While I am not denigrating the athletic abilities of any professionals/semi professionals or college level players, my assertion was that they would not likely be of the standard of those who have chosen football if they were both playing that game, the point that you made and I countered.

Unfortunately, your comprehension skills are on a par with both your credibility and your intelligence; about the same as the duck billed platypus.

You are the worst sort of fool; one, who for some misguided reason, or perhaps due to mental health issues, believes what you say.

This is why we have secure hospitals, to shield you from the world, and the world from you.

lolzzz, ur only argument is that soccer players can run for a longer time? are you stupid? You can build endurance by running.

I played soccer/Futball in Highschool and college, All the top soccer players came from upper middle class families who can afford to play. My highschool team is a nationally ranked program, we won the state championship during my senoir year. The soccer players are NOT the same kind of athletes that play american football and basketball, the pool is totally different, We had 2 ALL American players on My Highschool soccer team, One of them named Shawn Beachen was named USA Today's national Highschool player of the Year. So I Know and have played with the TOP US Soccer players, and they are still not the Same Kind of Athletes that play football and basketball.

I am a soccer player, I would defend Soccer players and their abilities any day, but i wont defend something I know is not True.

lolzzz, ur only argument is that soccer players can run for a longer time? are you stupid? You can build endurance by running.

I played soccer/Futball in Highschool and college, All the top soccer players came from upper middle class families who can afford to play. My highschool team is a nationally ranked program, we won the state championship during my senoir year. The soccer players are NOT the same kind of athletes that play american football and basketball, the pool is totally different, We had 2 ALL American players on My Highschool soccer team, One of them named Shawn Beachen was named USA Today's national Highschool player of the Year. So I Know and have played with the TOP US Soccer players, and they are still not the Same Kind of Athletes that play football and basketball.

I am a soccer player, I would defend Soccer players and their abilities any day, but i wont defend something I know is not True.

I didnt say running you d*ckwad; I merely talked about the durations of physical effort required. Running is only one part of the whole picture.

This Shawn Beachen guy must have been REALLY good as he does not even merit one hit on a google search, proof, if further proof was needed that your brain is in your ass.

Your lies, idiocy and retarded nature are beginning to bore me now...

kinda like golf how it was boring until tiger woods came along making greens in very few strokes.

news flash #2: even with Tiger Woods, golf is still about as exciting to watch as paint drying.

seconded - it even (just) makes curling interesting to watch!! :lol:

nawh baby nawh curling is gotta be more boring than golf :lol: however it cud be a toss up!! :P:P pretty close call

I didnt say running you d*ckwad; I merely talked about the durations of physical effort required. Running is only one part of the whole picture.

This Shawn Beachen guy must have been REALLY good as he does not even merit one hit on a google search, proof, if further proof was needed that your brain is in your a*s.

Your lies, idiocy and retarded nature are beginning to bore me now...

Shawn Beachen last name might be spelled incorrectly,he was the National Highschool Mens Soccer player of the Year in 1992. He played for Sandersan Highschool which Had the Nations Longest Winning streak in Any Highschool Sport, with about 127 straight victories, and 5 straight state championships. any other questions let me know. The other 2 Highschool ALL amerians i played with is Daniel Klunic and Kalub Norkis, Daniel went to play in Germany his Junior Year of Highschool but came back to play his senior year, all 3 guys played for the under 19 US national team. All 3 guys I played with are great soccer players, the best at what they do, but still are not the pure physical athletes I see playing american football and basketball.

just sayin'.

let's see, now you're lecturing Americans on how US society works? can you do me a favor? pull your head out of your ass first, OK?

another hint: if you're going to respond to make a counter-argument, don't respond with a non-sequitir. it only makes you look like an idiot.

a) all this is completely irrelevant to the point i made.

B) can you oversimplify a little more? ever been to these poor neighborhoods? ever watch hoops at rucker or west 4th? do you even know what rucker IS? no? then maybe you should consider shutting the **** up, since you don't have the faintest whiff of a clue.

you talk like a spoilt rich kid and if you've even ever seen these "poor neighborhoods" it's clearly from the window of an expensive car or a taxi. how old are you? i mean your real age, not the guy in the picture. you must be at least 50, because your ham-handed argument hasn't been relevant since the 70s.

c) wax poetic all you want and then look at the names of the players in the US team. do you think maybe some of them are immigrants or children thereof? do you think at all?

lecture away professor. ever even been to a city, or you just milk the cows on your podunk north cackalacka golf course? if you ever can tear yourself away from the thrill of watching golf, maybe you can pick up a box of 64 crayons, only having black and white in your crayon box isn't quite cutting it. incidentally, in the actual new york city, not this strange vanilla fantasy pulled directly out of your ass, you can see kids playing soccer on the streets, and even cricket. they're pretty much all immigrant kids, but they do play soccer. if i'd ever thought i would encounter someone so thick i'd have taken pictures as proof.

i sometimes like watching golf, PineHurst in NC is one of the best if not the best golf courses in the US. I rather watch golf then baseball anyday.

that's like saying you'd rather be boiled in oil than flayed and salted. i'd rather watch the cat **** than watch golf OR baseball, and i HATE watching the cat ****.

my dad lives on a golf course and the only good use for it is to give the damned dog some thrills by driving him around it in a golf cart.

what a crock of sh*t.

Are you an Idiot?

why, you feeling lonely and hoping for another of your kind?

you could always lecture me about my own ******* culture again if you don't feel like you've made yourself look stupid enough already.

what does that have anythnig to do with what I explained?

are you such a hypocrite that you expect people to respond to what you say while *you* go off on non-sequitirs in response to other people's posts yourself? yes? ok, never mind then.

incidentally, i vaguely remember shawn beacham. not sure if i spelled his name right either, but he briefly played for NC State and faded into obscurity. he was nowhere near good enough to make the national team, unlike guys like Tab Ramos, who grew up in New Jersey but was born overseas.

incidentally the guy who scored the goal that beat spain, Jozy Altidore? Jozy Altidore is hardly a substandard athlete who really wishes he was playing hoops or american football. he will probably make more money than non-superstar NBA ballers. it is worth noting, however, that' he is the son of Haitian immigrants. the vast majority of top US players come not from posh upper middle class high schools but immigrant families. shockingly, in a lot of 'poor neighborhoods' kids as likely, or more likely, to be playing soccer as basketball... if their parents or grandparents immigrated from countries where the sport of choice is soccer football.