Dave40

What will the result be?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• A series win to Australia
    • A series win to England
    • A drawn series !!!!!
    • A beer, Bourbon, whiskey, vodka, and gin

I think some people need to grow up on this thread.

Anyway back to topic.

I think if we can get a lead of 500 then that is when Strauss should declare....it would take a record chase from the Aussies to win the game and should also leave England enough time to bowl them out.

Either scenario should make a cracking last couple of days cricket.

And Iain, less of the anti-gingerism....in case you hadn't noticed you are up against three of us on this thread alone! :wink: :lol:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway back to topic.

I think if we can get a lead of 500 then that is when Strauss should declare....it would take a record chase from the Aussies to win the game and should also leave England enough time to bowl them out.

And Iain, less of the anti-gingerism....in case you hadn't noticed you are up against three of us on this thread alone! :wink: :lol:

sh*t mate - how can I tell with that bloody cap on in your profile pic!! :lol:

(mind you - that explains the cap in the first place - I do hope you have considered a vasectomy? :wink: )

Anyway back to topic.

Ianin, against 3 of you. Seems like unfair odds. I would say you would need at least 5 :wink: But moving right along, No mater the result of this Test, records will be broken.

Anyway back to topic.

sh*t mate - how can I tell with that bloody cap on in your profile pic!! :lol:

(mind you - that explains the cap in the first place - I do hope you have considered a vasectomy? :wink: )

No if i have children, it will be with an asian woman and i would hope the genes are strong enough.. :lol:

for the only test side in history to never win the Spirit of Cricket Award

Didn't know there was an award!!??? But winners are grinners!!!! :lol::lol:

well it seems to have been only in existence since 2004, so saying the only test side in history to never win it seems a little misleading...

Previous Winners Of ICC Spirit of Cricket Award

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

Now also given that there are ten (correct me if wrong) test playing nations, and only 3 of them have won this 'coveted' award, how in the name of sweet epileptic jesus are the Aussies the ONLY team never to have won it?????

:roll:

Aww, did I get my words wrong..? Let me correct it - 'one of..' Happy?

How much of your life did you waste googling that (I take it you DID have to google it and didn't have this knowledge stored in your brain).

Haha, take it seriously why don't you? In the name of sweet, dinny Jesus spazzing off and having an eppy - get a life. I'm only winding up a bogan.

(lol+5 five's+5)

Problem is; I'm on the bogan's side.

And a world of difference between 'only' and 'one of 70% of eligible teams'

And it took around 45 seconds to google and check, so no watse, though thanks for the concern, as my bacon was grilling at the time so was kicking back.

:wink:

Of course you're on the bogan's side - you're a sweaty sock.

Yep, I'm sure there is a world of difference, especially to someone who cares - not sure how you're quantifying the difference between 'only' and '70%' but I'll take your word for it old chap. Hope you don't time all your google searches - that's gotta be a waste of time, hasn't it? Still, someone who takes life so seriously it must be important to get the most out of it especially if you do so much.

Enjoy your bacon sarnie - is it deep fried with pizza on top? Deep fried mars bar with mayo for desert?

Go on, go and eat your sanger, you scamp.

>lolling all over the place<

so glad to provide a source of stereotyped amusement - suppose a ginger minger has to find moments of joy wherever they can. After all, the rest of the world scorns you, no matter their nationality.

No the timing was merely an approximation, not an exact count.

The difference I was quantifying was that you had stated 'only' which means singular, while in fact the truth is that 7 teams out of ten have not won this 'coveted' and 'glorious' award, ergo my 1 of 70% statement. Simple arithmetic really. If it confuses you too much, get your carer to draw an example with your crayons; I suggest the old ten apples exercise, it seems to work for most of below average intelligence.

Also thank you for your dietary concerns; no deep frying involved. Merely some fine grilled (as I mentioned 'grilling' originally I can only presume your powers of comprehension are on a par with your basic arithmetic skills) smoked Ayrshire bacon, served on a ciabatta roll with some chorizo, sliced baby plum tomatoes and some fresh iceberg lettuce. Delicious thanks.

Funnily enough, have never tried the deep fried mars bar and had to get a report on it from a TF friend who tried it in Bangkok of all places.

Looking forward to your jolly old tail being back between your legs where it belongs at the end of the Ashes series old chap!

:lol:

I'd love to stay and chat with you, but..

North - total fluke. How lucky can you get. Prior's strike rate must have been 150+!!

Yea he hit 60+ off 40 odd balls he did his job and was unlucky. Colly did his job also..i think we should bat until wwe get a lead of 550 and then declare.

Yeah, although I don't think the amount of runs is relevant now - only time and overs as the weather may play a part.

I would probably bat for a few overs this morning just to knacker them out a bit and disrupt them before they have to bat. Then again, England will want Flintoff to take the new ball and he's batting.

The Umpiring through out this series has been sub standard.

The 3rd Umpire does'nt know the rules.

A man is caught out of a No Ball

A man is caught out of a bounced ball.

The Umpires are inconsistant in their use of technology

Sometimes they use in and some times they don't.

I will put money on it that the current 3rd Ump will not be around for the rest of this series, and maybe never again at a test level.

Now on with the game :wink:

Yes, the umpiring has been sub-standard in this series. Billy Doctrove made three mistakes in the first test - although 2 of them favoured the Ozzies. I don't suppose you minded too much then though.

No balls are missed all the time - had his foot been back 1 more inch hughes still would have been caught - get over it.

Strauss' catch was good - his fingers were underneath the ball. If you want to know how to claim a catch that has bounced, ask Andrew Symonds. He was an expert at it. I bet you wish you didn't send him home for being a piss artist now.

Rudi Koertzen is on his 100 test. None of the umpires are likely to be sacked after this series. The 3rd umpire probably does know the rules - melodramatic or what?

Anyway, the crooked finger of Billy Bowden is gonna be around soon as is Aleem Daar.

Yes, on with the game - I want to see Pontings miserable face - no problems with him being bowled I take it?

Hussey was unlucky there, it did look like a catch so I don't think you can blame the umpiring. I was surprised when I saw it on hotspot, the only way you could tell I think. Fair play to him for walking. Ponting wouldn't have.. :)

ehhhhhhh .... he didn't walk the umpire gave him out !! very few batsman walk these days and Ponting isn't any different from the rest !!

The Umpires are inconsistant in their use of technology

Sometimes they use in and some times they don't.

I will put money on it that the current 3rd Ump will not be around for the rest of this series, and maybe never again at a test level.

Now on with the game :wink:

A man has thrown his toys out of his big fkn Ozzie pram

And they say poms whinge :lol:

The umpiring will never be perfect with the "human element" involved humans make mistakes!!!!!

If you ask any of the players they would say they have had both good and bad decisions it even's itself out over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hate to see a "robot" out there making decisions!!!

Also the video replay is not always that "accurate" but it does help!!!!!

As for batsman who walk I think "it should be left to the umpire" not to the player as some players who are "known" walkers may change their mind depending on the circumstances it's a team sport!!!And the umpire who thinks "Hey this bloke is a walker and he didn't walk" puts doubt on his next decision when it involves the same player!!!

It's up to the umpire to make decisions that's what he is there for!!!!!

209 runs to go it's possible to dream!!!! :lol::lol::lol: