• A series win to Australia
    • A series win to England
    • A drawn series !!!!!
    • A beer, Bourbon, whiskey, vodka, and gin

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread always goes quiet when the ozzies start loosing..

Just in case Dave40 hasn't seen the score - Ozzies finished on a fairly dismal 156 for 8.

(The Olympics thread went quiet quickly too - I wonder why)

I suppose if you guys win the series will they make everybody a "Sir" for beating us twice in 20 yrs!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It ain't over yet!!!! On the bandwagon already hey!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

As for the olympics you guys copied what we did in 2000 !!!!! :lol::lol:

Just in case Dave40 hasn't seen the score - Ozzies finished on a fairly dismal 156 for 8.

I suppose if you guys win the series will they make everybody a "Sir" for beating us twice in 20 yrs!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just remember Dave my friend; he who laughs last laughs longest.

still a long way to go...

go Ozzies!!!

(i am completely impartial of course)

:lol:

what exactly is wrong with gay rugby any way. you get to see all the wankers crying about not making as much as the next person.

after all how many trillions do you need.

yes, but real rugby is a totally hetero game...

gay-rugby-world-cup.jpg

nothing at all wrong with this photo you just have taken it out of context. they are only trying to feel each others weakness out before theys start giving each other a good hammering.

Hmmmmm, Yes I must admit the score aint the best right now, but hey, don't get too excited. Tha "FAT Lady aint due to sing for a day or so yet and this IS cricket, so anything can (and most likely will) happen. And remember it is 5 Tests.

Now speaking of things that crawl out of the woodwork, I notice you did'nt POP your head up until you thought the WORM had turned. DID the smell of blood give you a hard on 555

Hmmmmm, Yes I must admit the score aint the best right now, but hey, don't get too excited. Tha "FAT Lady aint due to sing for a day or so yet and this IS cricket, so anything can (and most likely will) happen. And remember it is 5 Tests.

Now speaking of things that crawl out of the woodwork, I notice you did'nt POP your head up until you thought the WORM had turned. DID the smell of blood give you a hard on 555

No, the smell of blood didn't give me a hard on.

But I did expect to see some comments when Andrew Strauss knocked 161 not out on the first day and Mitchell Johnson go for 132, but was surprised not to see any which was when I noticed that this thread goes quiet when the ozzies start loosing.

No one expects England to win. The beauty of being the underdogs is that you can blow your trumpet when things go your way because no one is going to rub your nose in it when you loose. Unlike being an Ozzie. You all expect to win and as you're all so confident I didn't think you'd have too much pride acknowledging when your star bowler has what can only be described as, and in the parlance of your people a 'shocker'.

Still, early days yet. We'll probably **** it all up at some point. England expects..

Oh, and Gavin - the fat lady has been singing for 2 days. Or haven't you heard Shane Warnes commentary

You all expect to win and as you're all so confident

Thats why we have won so many times over the years!!! :lol::lol:

We'll probably f*ck it all up at some point.

That's confidence for you!!! :lol::lol:

Or haven't you heard Shane Warnes commentary

And the rest of them at skysports botham gower hussain atherton, how many "ashes" series did they win in the last 25 yrs between them?!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Nasser Hussain and Mike Atherton never won the Ashes. They played during the 90's the only decade England never won them. before this period England and Australia were virtually level in Ashes wins, losses and draws. I think Botham and Gower won them more then they lost them. Gower was Captain when he won. Botham won them under Brearly, Gower and Gatting. Of the Sky commentary team David Gower, Sir Ian Botham and Bob Willis have been on an Ashes winning side. Nas and Athers haven't as previously mentioned and neither has Michael Holding but he's a West Indian.

No, but I believe Steve Waugh is in line for a special award from the ICC - for being the only cricketer to have successfully sledged every single test playing nation, including umpires. Oh, and doing it whilst playing for the only test side in history to never win the Spirit of Cricket Award. I believe it isn't going to have his name inscripted on it, it's just going to say 'bogan'.

>insert line of lols and five's here<

I was going to say deciding weather or not to enforce the follow on will be tricky but Strauss might not get the opportunity. The pitch looks a lot flatter today. Lords does flatten out after the second day - wouldn't mind chasing on the 5th day..

9 down now...i think we should enforce the follow on. If we don't and we get dug in we might make the mistake of batting too long and not leaving enough time to bowl the aussies out.

Just need this last wicket first!

for the only test side in history to never win the Spirit of Cricket Award

Didn't know there was an award!!??? But winners are grinners!!!! :lol::lol:

well it seems to have been only in existence since 2004, so saying the only test side in history to never win it seems a little misleading...

Previous Winners Of ICC Spirit of Cricket Award

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

Now also given that there are ten (correct me if wrong) test playing nations, and only 3 of them have won this 'coveted' award, how in the name of sweet epileptic jesus are the Aussies the ONLY team never to have won it?????

:roll:

I was going to say deciding weather or not to enforce the follow on will be tricky but Strauss might not get the opportunity. The pitch looks a lot flatter today. Lords does flatten out after the second day - wouldn't mind chasing on the 5th day..

9 down now...i think we should enforce the follow on. If we don't and we get dug in we might make the mistake of batting too long and not leaving enough time to bowl the aussies out.

I would think strauss would be hoping we make it to the follow on so he does not have to make a decison!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I would think strauss would be hoping we make it to the follow on so he does not have to make a decison!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Quite possibly...10 runs needed, it may be the case.

Scratch that.....10 down. Looks like England are batting.

I would enforce it too - even if they make 500+ it will only leave them 300 in front (last wicket has just fallen) and chasing 300 on the last day at Lords should be easy. Does look good at the moment though..

well it seems to have been only in existence since 2004, so saying the only test side in history to never win it seems a little misleading...

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

Now also given that there are ten (correct me if wrong) test playing nations, and only 3 of them have won this 'coveted' award, how in the name of sweet epileptic jesus are the Aussies the ONLY team never to have won it?????

Aww, did I get my words wrong..? Let me correct it - 'one of..' Happy?

How much of your life did you waste googling that (I take it you DID have to google it and didn't have this knowledge stored in your brain).

Haha, take it seriously why don't you? In the name of sweet, dinny Jesus spazzing off and having an eppy - get a life. I'm only winding up a bogan.

(lol+5 five's+5)

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

How much of your life did you waste googling that (I take it you DID have to google it and didn't have this knowledge stored in your brain).

Haha, take it seriously why don't you? In the name of sweet, dinny Jesus spazzing off and having an eppy - get a life. I'm only winding up a bogan.

(lol+5 five's+5)

Problem is; I'm on the bogan's side.

And a world of difference between 'only' and 'one of 70% of eligible teams'

And it took around 45 seconds to google and check, so no watse, though thanks for the concern, as my bacon was grilling at the time so was kicking back.

:wink:

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

(lol+5 five's+5)

And it took around 45 seconds to google and check, so no watse, though thanks for the concern, as my bacon was grilling at the time so was kicking back.

Of course you're on the bogan's side - you're a sweaty sock.

Yep, I'm sure there is a world of difference, especially to someone who cares - not sure how you're quantifying the difference between 'only' and '70%' but I'll take your word for it old chap. Hope you don't time all your google searches - that's gotta be a waste of time, hasn't it? Still, someone who takes life so seriously it must be important to get the most out of it especially if you do so much.

Enjoy your bacon sarnie - is it deep fried with pizza on top? Deep fried mars bar with mayo for desert?

Go on, go and eat your sanger, you scamp.

>lolling all over the place<

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

(lol+5 five's+5)

Dear Sherriff

So tell me, how do you know me, I mean, have we ever met ? I don't think so, Yet you call me "Bogan". It has been long held knowledge that people often accuse others of being, what they in fact are. It is not always true ofcourse, but judging from your comments I suspect it is close to the truth.

This is an open forum and it is about sport and the love of the game of cricket

Most of us enjoy a bit of banter or sledging if you prefer, but you Sir seem to want to take it to the next level for what ever reason, maybe an Aussie gave you a hard time at school. If so get over it. Have some fun enjoy a bit of friendly sledging and ofcourse the cricket.

Year

2008 Sri Lanka

2007 Sri Lanka

2006 England

2005 England

2004 NZ

(lol+5 five's+5)

Of course you're on the bogan's side - you're a sweaty sock.

Yep, I'm sure there is a world of difference, especially to someone who cares - not sure how you're quantifying the difference between 'only' and '70%' but I'll take your word for it old chap. Hope you don't time all your google searches - that's gotta be a waste of time, hasn't it? Still, someone who takes life so seriously it must be important to get the most out of it especially if you do so much.

Enjoy your bacon sarnie - is it deep fried with pizza on top? Deep fried mars bar with mayo for desert?

Go on, go and eat your sanger, you scamp.

>lolling all over the place<

so glad to provide a source of stereotyped amusement - suppose a ginger minger has to find moments of joy wherever they can. After all, the rest of the world scorns you, no matter their nationality.

No the timing was merely an approximation, not an exact count.

The difference I was quantifying was that you had stated 'only' which means singular, while in fact the truth is that 7 teams out of ten have not won this 'coveted' and 'glorious' award, ergo my 1 of 70% statement. Simple arithmetic really. If it confuses you too much, get your carer to draw an example with your crayons; I suggest the old ten apples exercise, it seems to work for most of below average intelligence.

Also thank you for your dietary concerns; no deep frying involved. Merely some fine grilled (as I mentioned 'grilling' originally I can only presume your powers of comprehension are on a par with your basic arithmetic skills) smoked Ayrshire bacon, served on a ciabatta roll with some chorizo, sliced baby plum tomatoes and some fresh iceberg lettuce. Delicious thanks.

Funnily enough, have never tried the deep fried mars bar and had to get a report on it from a TF friend who tried it in Bangkok of all places.

Looking forward to your jolly old tail being back between your legs where it belongs at the end of the Ashes series old chap!