Gold for sinsod and giving an IOU

melasinsh

ps. To the TO...IOU is so stupid idea. Why bother.

I am coming to the conclusion it is either insulting to Audy or certainly not the sense of romanticism I wanted. But I saw posters on another Forum say they were giving IOUs on the Gold.

But I am unhappy to learn that the Gold might go to her mother. I need to talk with her if we actually get Engaged. I want her to keep all the Gold.

-- Separate Topic --

MissJaidee seems to have elicited quite a few proposals.

Also, to SweetBabie. Thanks for your comments. I have a girlfriend and she knows I have sat at a certain stool in a Soi Cowboy bar to drink a few beers and listen to the music. The girls are all dressed, it isn't a Go Go bar with partially clothed or fully naked girls. I go for beer, music, and flirting with the ladies. Audy knows I flirt. But she also knows nothing else will happen.

• 2 years later...
I honestly searched the forums before deciding to post this question. If someone knows of an existing thread I would like to receive the link.

I do not want to debate whether to give sinsod and "tong mhand" or not. "Tong mhand" is the gold given to your fiancee for the engagement or wedding.

Particularly from Thai ladies, what would you think if your boyfriend/fiance asked you to take an IOU for the "tong mhand" or Gold because the price of gold is very high right now. Is this insulting ? AN IOU is a way of postponing the purchase of the actual Gold or Gold jewelry.

Gold = US$ 1,016 per ounce or about THB 16,100 per baht.

Thanks for your kind responses.

Based on where gold is today, you made a bad bet :-)