Cotto vs Pacquiao

Teddy

What great potential this fight has.... Persoally Id like to see Paquiao put under a lot of pressure by Cotto, just to see how he handles being backed up and made to step back.Both fighters are great and I dont want to call a winner. But, this fight means that we are also a long way off from seeing Pacquiao vs Mayweather.....which is annoying.

Below is what they both said in the press conferences.

Manny Pacquiao, the challenger in this fight, would be the first of the two boxers to speak to the press. Manny would begin by thanking God, the media and various other organizations present at the conference, after which he would speak on the significance on this fight for his career. ?This fight is the most important fight in my boxing career. If I win this fight I think it?s another history in boxing?, would say Pacquiao. Pacquiao would then proceed to comment on his preparation for this fight, before bringing laughter to those in attendance with his thanking of his ?master? Freddie Roach. ?Of course I have to thank Freddie Roach, my master? my master in boxing. Before I call him coach Freddy, but now I call him my master.?

Cotto as he usually does would keep his comments short and to the point. ?The only left to say is that there is only 3 days left, and we have worked hard, we have worked like never before. I feel good, I?m in excellent condition and it?s going to be a great night for all boxing fans in general, but specially for the Latino fans, and most of all the puertoricans. We?re prepared for everything and specially to win?

What are your guys thoughts??Any dead certs?? Any favs??

Gonna be an interesteing evening.

I know some of you TF'ers have been discussing this fight in the Haye Valuev forum....so feel free to carrying on posting on her (or there)...whichever.

What great potential this fight has.... Persoally Id like to see Paquiao put under a lot of pressure by Cotto, just to see how he handles being backed up and made to step back.Both fighters are great and I dont want to call a winner. But, this fight means that we are also a long way off from seeing Pacquiao vs Mayweather.....which is annoying.

I know some of you TF'ers have been discussing this fight in the Haye Valuev forum....so feel free to carrying on posting on her (or there)...whichever.

no dead certs in this fight, but much as i love manny as a fighter i worry that cotto will be too big and too strong for him ... wouldn't care too much about this putting back either of these 2 fighting mayweather as i think this will be a better fight. however , i also believe mayweather (unfortunately) will be too big, too strong, too smart and too good for either manny or cotto !!

no dead certs in this fight, but much as i love manny as a fighter i worry that cotto will be too big and too strong for him ... wouldn't care too much about this putting back either of these 2 fighting mayweather as i think this will be a better fight. however , i also believe mayweather (unfortunately) will be too big, too strong, too smart and too good for either manny or cotto !!

Very interesting points.

I agree with you. But then again Pacquiao flattened hatton.....mayweather did also, but took him a lot longer...but Im living in a dream world here, as there is no prospect of that actually happening yet.

But yea...its gonna be a great fight...Shame Im not going to see it live. :cry:

This one is a really tough one to call. Manny has the speed and for me Cotto has the power. I saw the Cotto vs Clottey fight and that was tough win, especially as Cotto was cut badly in a very early round.

If Cotto catches Manny with enough body shots he will slow him down. Manny will use his speed like he did in the Hatton fight to try pick off Cotto in the early rounds.

Pacquiao deserves the crown.-Fanhouse-Boxing

The results are in...the next fight I'd love to see is Floyd Mayweather and Pacquiao

Pacquaio won his unprecedented seventh world title in seven different weight classes Saturday night with a one-sided, 12th-round TKO over Cotto with 55 seconds remaining at a sold-out (16,200) MGM Grand Garden Arena, where a ticket couldn't be had for weeks.

read more...

Pacman fever is on in RP and to all Filipino Communities all over the world! :cheers:

Kudos to Manny!

Somehow I predicted that his going to lose the fight with Miguel Cotto being famous is ain't easy aside from boxing he has his singing carreer (man I laugh soo hard when he made live guesting in Jimmy Kimmel Show, he has his own band too!!!), acting he has TV shows and movies to be released and the worst part he is aiming for a congressional seat on next year's election! Too many distractions while he was on training... :roll:

Yea, I didnt see the fight but i read after the fight Freddie Roach said even he wants to see Pacquaio vs Mayweather....Would be a great fight to see....but its a waiting game now.

Congrats to Pacquaio though...Beating Cotto is a great victory.

I believe me and others in previous threads have said it..

that Mayweather picks and chooses his matches..of course he doesn't want to run the gambit of losing but I believe the pressures of his criticized match choices & cautiousness is making him look like a standoffish boxer & afraid of the big dance.

I believe Pacquaio realizes that they have to slay all if not all the Giants in the way to even be recognized...but in my opinion Pac-Man has proved he is worthy of a shot at the big dance.

Pacquaio performances not only will question Mayweather's and his managers bout choices... but the pressure alone will inadvertently suck them into a match with Pacquaio..

we will just have to just wait n see..you know how boxing is they try to bleed the hype until it's a big enough draw and a massive money purse...

which annoys the h#ll outta me..

been busy this week so haven't posted much ... but that was the best fight i have seen in f**king years !!!!

absolutely fantastic display from the pac man !! what a fighter !!

Was a great fight but the last 4 rounds were a of a dance around for Cotto, who just seemed shocked that he'd even got that far and just wanted to make it to the final bell to keep his career intact.

I notice that Ricky Hatton is planning a comeback vs Juan Manuel Marquez next year.

He should definitely rethink this as I believe Marquez would batter him.

It would be an interesting fight...I mean Hatton as only lost to Mayweather (former best pound for poud boxer) and Pacquaio (best pound for pound boxer) so I really REALLY dont want to write him off...But I have a sneaking suspicion that he might get done...I pray he proves me wrong.

hes not even favourite to win this with the bookies at the mo either....gulp!!

Mayweather (former best pound for poud boxer) and Pacquaio (best pound for pound boxer)

There is no way that Pacquaio is better than Mayweather...Last time I checked Pacquaio has not only lost before but also been knocked out. I think people are to quick to make Pacquaio this pound for pound best ever since he beat an old and always way overrated Oscar De La Hoya...Not many people like Mayweather including myself but the fact is the only one that is going to beat Mayweather is Mayweather...

Mayweather (former best pound for poud boxer) and Pacquaio (best pound for pound boxer)

There is no way that Pacquaio is better than Mayweather...Last time I checked Pacquaio has not only lost before but also been knocked out. I think people are to quick to make Pacquaio this pound for pound best ever since he beat an old and always way overrated Oscar De La Hoya...Not many people like Mayweather including myself but the fact is the only one that is going to beat Mayweather is Mayweather...

There is a massive divide on this topic....Which is why we need them to fight. I fully see what you mean about Pacquaio getting beaten by KO but to win at 7 different weights is nothing to be sniffed at.

I like Mayweather, a phenomenal boxer...and has yet to be beaten...

As I said earlier, we need this fight to happen. But I cant see it happening for quite some time yet.

There is a massive divide on this topic....Which is why we need them to fight. I fully see what you mean about Pacquaio getting beaten by KO but to win at 7 different weights is nothing to be sniffed at.

I like Mayweather, a phenomenal boxer...and has yet to be beaten...

As I said earlier, we need this fight to happen. But I cant see it happening for quite some time yet.

The two fights he got knocked out in were both over 10 years ago while he was still a brawler in SE Asia. He did not have the coaching or the skills and technique he possesses today. They mean nothing absolutely nothing as Manny may as well be a new boxer.

The only other fight he lost was vs Morales (who is no mug) on points who he then went to knock out twice.

Mayweather will need at least one warmup fight but I honestly think Pacquiao will take him.

Mayweather guards his zero - 0 .... the same way Calzaghe did !! he ducked Mosley, Cotto and others. his last 2 fights were hatton, who had to move up 1 weight, and marquez who had to move up near enough 2 weights !!! and even in that fight Mayweather was fined $1 million for not making the weight and couldn't stop a guy virtually a stone lighter than him !!

whereas Pacquaio has moved up 2 full weights in his last few fights and he's a hell of a much better boxer now Roach is training him !!

Mayweather guards his zero - 0 .... the same way Calzaghe did !! he ducked Mosley, Cotto and others. his last 2 fights were hatton, who had to move up 1 weight, and marquez who had to move up near enough 2 weights !!! and even in that fight Mayweather was fined $1 million for not making the weight and couldn't stop a guy virtually a stone lighter than him !!

whereas Pacquaio has moved up 2 full weights in his last few fights and he's a hell of a much better boxer now Roach is training him !!

Mayweather mouthing off again..but yes this will be a great fight -- pac-man and mayweather...pac-man looks the most fit I have seen him in years and a whole lot fitter than marquez was in the ring on fight day and he still has the speed...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/mayweather-talks-arum-says-silence-is-golden.html