Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Treborz

No I agree with you.. but modern boxing really needs to get its act together and start calling these things.. Or it will lose the small remaining market of fans that it has left.. these rules are what separates it from UFC and other contact types of fighting. The Fighters start fighting when the referee motions to continue. It was a bad ref. period he let the head butts slide and then didn't hold both of the boxers arms out and say ready begin fighting and step away. Boxing still has that distinguished kind of quality left to it.. No hitting below the belt.. No high kicks. No arm holds.. The boxer wins on sheer stamina, punch combination, strength and skill..

but then in again some fans like the controversy and will stick around for it... I agree with you Mayweather has proven many times he is a high quality boxer... but he needs to stop fighting chumps and step up to the plate when challenged. He and his camp only fought Ortiz because they had a high probability of beating the guy. And of course the payday.

At least old time boxing and these UFC contact sports have something in common when these fighters get challenged at least they step up to the plate and fight each other and not come up with excuse after excuse why not to fight.

whether it's justified or not Mayweather has a reputation for avoiding fighters at their best .... he's a great boxer no doubt, but unless he fights Manny there's always going to be questions about how good/great he really is !!!

problem is ... if he really did get $40 million for fighting Oritz why would he ever risk fighting Manny !!! easy money !!!

well as easy as is possible at that level of boxing !!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this weekend's Pacquio fight on Truevisions? Cannot find any boxing in the listings.....seems they have also stopped showing UFC.....

i'm guessing (hoping) it is going to be shown on local Thai TV .... i missed his last fight as i couldn't find it on True and then found out later it had been shown on a local channel ... channel 7 if memory serves correctly !!

Cheers Ciaran...should be a good fight...the previous two fights these guys had were very close....what time does it start? 8am?

with the time change i'm thinking around 10 to 11am .... as for the fight i think Manny has progressed a lot more than Marquez since they last fought and has been fighting at heavier weights .... also Marquez is knocking on a bit (in boxing terms) he's 38 now !!!

can't see anything other than a Manny win !!

• 2 months later...