Why or what is "jai noi" ???

melasinsh

My Thai girlfriend says I am normally sweet and kind guy. She says sometimes I am "jai noi."

Can someone please give me a good explanation in English of "jai noi." An example would be nice if you think it helps with the explanation.

Maybe this belongs in the forum on speaking Thai but I put it in Relationships because if I do not like the definition of "jai noi," I will ask if I should dump her cute a$$ ??? :evil:

digitalcat: I know cheap is like "kee nee aow." And she certainly knows kee nee aow. I do not think jai noi is kee nee aow. I know for a fact she would never say I am kee nee aow. I am not kee nee aow with her.

Pandorea: I understand most of the Thai "jai..." expressions. I am not jai dam. I was only joking about dumping her cute a$$. If anything, that might be an example of "jai rai."

digitalcat: I know "jai rai." Mean or cruel is a good translation of "jai rai." I am joking about the dumping her a$$.

However, I still do not think I have a definition of "jai noi."

Thanks to all.

digitalcat: I know cheap is like "kee nee aow." And she certainly knows kee nee aow. I do not think jai noi is kee nee aow. I know for a fact she would never say I am kee nee aow. I am not kee nee aow with her.

Pandorea: I understand most of the Thai "jai..." expressions. I am not jai dam. I was only joking about dumping her cute a$$. If anything, that might be an example of "jai rai."

digitalcat: I know "jai rai." Mean or cruel is a good translation of "jai rai." I am joking about the dumping her a$$.

However, I still do not think I have a definition of "jai noi."

Thanks to all.

I think it may translate as 'petulant' but I may get corrected.

:D

Jai noi is usually an expression of wish-washy insecure grumpiness from someone who is overly-sensitive from disagreeing with others, when something does not go their way, or when they do not get want they want.

Sorry DC, Jai noi is not the opposite of Jai yai.

Jai yai = big heart - the opposite would be 'kee neaow' = cheap.

Another word for "Kee Jai noi" is 'Kee Ngon" "¢Õé§Ã¹"

Would i call my bf if he is jai noi or not? A person like that would make you feel you are walking on an egg shell all the time. Tell him that he is Jai noi and Tell him to go away.

SweetBB you are correct in saying Jai Nyai can be someone who likes to give to others, But Jai Nyai can also be used to discribe someone who is not effected by little or petty things, someone who takes the high road, such as the opposite of a person who is Jai Noi. So it can be an opposite of Jai Noi.

one can say, Rao pen kon jai nyai keuy poo nyai bor son num kon dek noi. I've been called Jai nyai when i was talking to this girl and she told me a couple of ppl who where talking trash about me, i told her that why should i care about what they say about me, that it didnt bother me that ppl of small stature talks bad about me, she said i was correct and that i shouldnt care, she said P' pen kon jai nyai.

Would i call my bf if he is jai noi or not? A person like that would make you feel you are walking on an egg shell all the time. Tell him that he is Jai noi and Tell him to go away.

Thank you for your explanation. I understand now. But I think you are "jai rai nidnoi." I am happy my girlfriend has not told me to go away.

She just wonders why I am normally so nice and sweet to her but once in awhile I turn "jai noi."

I think she is giving me a chance. Since I think I love her, I will try to improve myself and be a lot less "jai noi."

Thanks to all.