Farang in Thailand VS. Farang outside Thailand.

Chatty

I am Thaigirl I study in Ameria now! Farang in America re very nice and polite to me. When I meet farang in Thailand, many are very rude.

I think Thailand makes them act like tis.

Usually thai girls like farange because poor Thai girls cant date rich or good class Thai men.. This is honest...

My bf in America is so sweet to me

Excuse moi !!!!

I don't think Thailand could easily make someone become rude, aggressive and etc if that person doesn't want to be or if the person is already like that.

Partly? yes

Whole? maybe

I'm just a normal typical Thai girl like you are. I've been living and working inside and outside of Thailand..been spoiled by my very own country and been tamed by other countries.

I've seen good and bad foreigners both inside and outside of Thailand, men and women, young and old, princes and paupers, sons and daughters.

Places and environment can do something to people but to judge that Thailand makes them act like that is kind of too much.

It shows that not only you have no faith in people also your lack of faith in your own mother land.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cartier
or maybe your hangin in the wrong areas yourself :P

I was born and raised in a wrong area. I'm already rotten and am not ashamed of it :) And besides the wrong areas are the places with all the fun people.

Where are they now? Location plz...

Don't know about Thailand because ive only been here for 2 weeks but try hitting up Sukhumvit soi 1 till 20 around 3 or 4 in the morning and you will see many.

How about Thai women, Do they turn into wild animals when they go live abroad?

Imagine all the attention we would get. WOW.

Actually Asian women do get a lot of attention in the west because they are more rare than the average white woman. But the comparison between men and women here cannot be made. Women and men always act differently.

Excuse moi !!!!

I don't think Thailand could easily make someone become rude, aggressive and etc if that person doesn't want to be or if the person is already like that.

Partly? yes

Whole? maybe

I'm just a normal typical Thai girl like you are. I've been living and working inside and outside of Thailand..been spoiled by my very own country and been tamed by other countries.

I've seen good and bad foreigners both inside and outside of Thailand, men and women, young and old, princes and paupers, sons and daughters.

Places and environment can do something to people but to judge that Thailand makes them act like that is kind of too much.

It shows that not only you have no faith in people also your lack of faith in your own mother land.

agree

How about Thai women, Do they turn into wild animals when they go live abroad?

Imagine all the attention we would get. WOW.

Im a wild animal since I was born..

Thai forest doesnt give me alot of chances to expess myself.

But living abroad does..

So.. I personally think that place cannot turn ppl to become something they are not...

Excuse moi !!!!

Partly? yes

Whole? maybe

agree

+1

• 4 weeks later...
From most of the Guys I know:

Farang in Thailand - Most are in long term relationships or want one

Farang outside Thailand - Most are coming for Holiday and 'Office Girls' are not available so they hit the bars

I do agree with you 100 %

I am Thaigirl I study in Ameria now! Farang in America re very nice and polite to me. When I meet farang in Thailand, many are very rude.

I think Thailand makes them act like tis.

Usually thai girls like farange because poor Thai girls cant date rich or good class Thai men.. This is honest...

My bf in America is so sweet to me

Excuse moi !!!!

Partly? yes

Whole? maybe

I give you 100 %

They said I shouldn't hang out with farang in Thailand cuz most of them were not good. They just like to play around... Farang who are living abroad are better.

So what's your opinion.

Are these girls who say this any good themselves? Top shelf are they? They should look at themselves to see if they are really 'a great catch' before they start hurling judgements on anyone.

If anyone chooses to see bad people, they can see them anywhere in any country or race. By simply turning ones attention to this it would appear they are everywhere. But also, by turning ones attention to see good people, one would see them everywhere too.

I have to agree with Marc here. Most people have approached this as a supply-side problem but without demand there would be no market.

I agree with EB that not only does Thailand attract a**holes but it produces them as well. Not only do some guys come here for the seedier things that are available in Thailand but many of the seedier Thai people seek out farangs and prey on them.

Not that I suggest anybody start shedding tears for us farangs but I don't think there's a guy who has ever spent any extended period of time in Thailand and not become more cynical and hardened from the experience.

Sadly this can lead many people who get so used to being looked at as a source of money that they start to view all women as simply a source for sex. The thinking being that if all I am to you is my bank account then all you are to me is what is between your legs.

It's like when you walk down lower Sukhumvit. After awhile you become numb to all of the people offering you DVDs, t-shirts, and other stuff you have no interest in. You even become deaf to the rip-off tuk-tuk drivers promising you massage, sexy lady, happy hour every 10 feet. The same can happen to men in terms of how they look at women.

I know for many Thai people this is hard to understand. Believe me, I've discussed things that have happened to me in Thailand with Thai friends and they cannot believe some of the things I've told them. And they are in total shock when you tell them that not only is this not the first time it's happened but that you know other farangs that it has happened to as well.

Now, that's not to say anything bad about Thai people in general. Only that farangs are far more likely to meet girls of questionable character because those types of girls come actively looking for us.

A great example of this is a certain dating site. Several years ago most of the women on the site were educated women looking for a serious relationship. Many had good government jobs or worked for international companies and simply wanted to meet a nice farang guy.

But as the site gained popularity it suddenly caught on with a totally different type of woman. Whereas before if you saw a lady you might have an interest in you would write a nice introduction message and send it to her and she may or may not respond. Twelve months later, every time you logged into the site 5 or 10 instance message requests would pop up from girls who want to chat with you.

And no matter what they say in their profile or even tell you in chat, it's obvious most of them don't even understand what a serious relationship is. Today you get everything from university girls willing to be your girlfriend if you'll pay her uni tuition to girls who will ask you to help her family by sending some money within 10 minutes of knowing her.

If this is what you see every day, of course that is going to change you. I'm not sure if EB failed to elaborate on that or if he disagrees but I don't think this is simply a matter of having many women available to you. It's also about the caliber of the women.

But that change doesn't mean that we all turn into misogynistic jerks who use women like toilet paper. It just means that:

a) Thailand attracts a lot of people who were misogynistic jerks to begin with.

B) Thailand often turns otherwise normal guys into misogynistic jerks.

c) Guys who aren't either a or b often get pulled off the market by girls very quickly.

And as Marc pointed out . . . many of the gals who claim they can't find a "nice guy" aren't exactly looking for nice guys and a nice guy probably wouldn't have them. One particular gal who comes to mind is someone that is constantly complaining about never being able to find a good guy. Yet, whenever I see her she's usually one drink away from vomiting on the floor and is about as faithful as a sex addict in Pattaya.

Really? You can't find a nice farang guy who will treat you like a little princess? Hard to believe.

Along the same lines are the girls who say they want to meet a nice farang guy but will walk right past a nice guy to get to the young, good looking guy who sleeps with every girl he meets. Then she acts all confused about why she couldn't tame him and complains that all the farangs are playboys who just come to Thailand for sex and don't respect the women.

In reality, there is a relatively small pool of farangs compared to women who want to meet them. That pool is highly concentrated in the a and b types I mentioned earlier which means that the percentage of "nice" guys is lower than might be expected back in the US, Europe, or Australia but they are out there.