Bangkok Mar 12-14

bigKus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got the number for this hospital?

BMA Medical College & Vajira Hospital.

681 Samsen rd. Dusit Bangkok 10300

Tel. 0 2244 3000

Is that the same as King Mongkut Hospital?

Nope. Above contact is the hospital from Tonia's link youtube.

this might help even written in thai. http://www.wyethnutrition.co.th/$$Local%20Hospital.html?menu_id=52&menu_item_id=5

If anyone else has O- blood and fancies a trip down to the victory monument, let me know and we'll get a taxi down together.

Thailand is a country of ironies.

The irony that hospitals would be calling for certain blood types for injured reds (and others) after the reds 'blood protest' 2 weeks ago cannot be lost on anyone.

If anyone else has O- blood and fancies a trip down to the victory monument, let me know and we'll get a taxi down together.

Thailand is a country of ironies.

The irony that hospitals would be calling for certain blood types for injured reds (and others) after the reds 'blood protest' 2 weeks ago cannot be lost on anyone.

Madness, they should have all given blood to be stored for this coming month, instead of watering the dust on the street.

*note for future Thai bullshit revolutions..... store blood not throw it around.

The death toll is now listed as 20. As many commentators are pointing out this is the highest loss of life in a public protest since 1992 (if you exclude Tak Bai as the south is somehow 'different');

Public Health Minister Jurin Laksanawisit Sunday afternoon revised the death toll from the Saturday clashes between troops and protesters to 20.

He said five troops were killed and the rest were civilians.

He said the injuries toll rose to 842 - 569 civilians, 265 troops and 8 policemen.

The Nation

I thought that this Nation Analysis article was spot on;

Our darkest hour

Yesterday's bloodbath is a wake-up call to halt the slide towards anarchy.

The saddest thing is everyone had predicted this and there were so many opportunities to prevent it. In the end, either the curse was too strong or the dark wills of some of those involved to see it happen simply overwhelmed efforts to stop it from happening. A nation that once thought it had matured learned the hardest way that it hadn't.

In terms of cruelty, October 6, 1976 was worse. And yesterday's death toll was lower than most previous political turbulences. It's the way a divided Thailand rolled relentlessly towards yesterday that exposed a national flaw bigger than the ones causing the previous tragedies. Despite everything - modern education, better political knowledge and everyone's claims to have "democracy" at heart - nothing could stop the bloodbath.

Full article; http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/04/11/politics/Our-darkest-hour-30126988.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJt8K8Scalk

ignore the red spokesman interview and fast forward to about 2:23

Not that I would consider it an objective source but they do usually get good footage; ASTV is also running footage of two guys with a few reds dressed in the same manner down a street seemingly behind tha main group of reds shirts (is it near Kowua???) seemingly searching for a protected place and preparing to take aim with their weapon.

Cannot find it on their website but it is being shown along with the above Youtube clip on their main Thai news channel. Anyone else seen it?

as for now, i would trade those Lin Ping 24/7 reality channel with update situation all over BKK.

I'm with you on this, seems weird that the country is in mid melt down, and all you can see on TV are shitty low budget dramas.

Wait, it doesn't seem weird at all.

as for now, i would trade those Lin Ping 24/7 reality channel with update situation all over BKK.

I'm with you on this, seems weird that the country is in mid melt down, and all you can see on TV are sh*tty low budget dramas.

Thai TV has been full of **** for ages. In the past, most Thai people seem doesn't like to watch news program on TV but thing changes when Dr.Somkiat Onwimon and his team present unique news program that very much interesting. Still, the politics and politicians always hand-on Thai media. Yet, our Thai TV program are indeed full of crap soap opera that has only same pattern & scripts..... 2 women, sometimes more than 3, are trying to fight each other to win only one ****. :roll:

I'm with you on this, seems weird that the country is in mid melt down, and all you can see on TV are sh*tty low budget dramas.

Thai TV has been full of sh*t for ages. In the past, most Thai people seem doesn't like to watch news program on TV but thing changes when Dr.Somkiat Onwimon and his team present unique news program that very much interesting. Still, the politics and politicians always hand-on Thai media. Yet, our Thai TV program are indeed full of crap soap opera that has only same pattern & scripts..... 2 women, sometimes more than 3, are trying to fight each other to win only one d*ck. :roll:

Well summed up Khun Karnie.

And not forgetting the regular thai soapie theme of privleged guy rapes girl who eventually falls in love with him! :roll:

A few things I find amazing and which adds weight to my initial reaction that the army going into Ratchdamnoen Ave a few hours post their retreat at Makhawan and thus allowing the reds to swell in number around Phan Fa and regroup was an ill conceived and poorly executed operation;

1) TNA reports:

The spokesman reported more than 200 soldiers were wounded. Of those 90 are in critical condition.
And The Nation:
At least 230 soldiers were injured as they tried to disperse the red shirts protesters on Saturday, Emergency Operation Command's spokesman Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd said. Ninety of them were seriously injured. Most of them were injured from bullet and sharpnels wounds

Apart from the 5 soldiers reported dead, around 40-45% of those injured are in a critical condition!!! :shock: If true, that is a huge % for a full scale military op. let alone against a civil disturbance where some are armed.

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/43644.cfm

2) Based on media images it seems that the reds have stolen a huge cache of weapons from fleeing soldiers, it seems dozens of M16s and a large amount of ammo.

Mr Suthep also instructed the army to inventory its weapons as he feared that stolen weapons will be used to commit offenses to create an incident and blame the police or the army.

3) How many trucks and APCs (not tanks as people keep reporting) have been abandoned near Kokwua and around Ratchdamnoen Ave? It seems at least half a dozen if not 10 or more and they are the latest tourist attraction!

The army has really taken a battering! How would they ever handle armed conflict with a Burmese or Cambodia army? :roll:

Yeah... right!

A few days ago the Red shirts were courting publicity.

Yesterday, they started covering security cameras.

And now this...

Red-shirt leader at the Phan Fa Bridge told protesters Sunday afternoon to ask reporters to leave the rally ground.

Somchai Phaibool, a leader, told the crowd that all TV stations were biased against the protesters by refraining from airing clips of dead protesters.

He said it was useless to allow reporters to stay covering the protest and urged the protesters to boo the reporters away. At the end of his speech, protesters shouted in unison to demand reporters to leave. Reporters had to remove their green armband provided by the Thai Journalists Association.

The protesters also surrounded a mobile broadcast unit of Channel 3 t 4:10 pm and chased it out of the area.

"All TV stations are biased... " what a ******* loser. Surely one of those Red Brains must be thinking, "Errrm we blocked the streets... we attacked the army.... Seh Daeng's men threw hand grenades and shot policemen... maybe we're NOT the good guys."

I know.... I'm just being foolish. There's not a brain cell between the whole lot of them.

1) Boycott all businesses displaying Red Flags

2) Cease reporting all their actions

3) Publish pictures of the Reds' violence - drop them all over the country.

4) Execute Seh Daeng for treason

THE NATION: Thai reporters have all pulled from Phan Fa with sour taste in the mouth. Reds had jeered them, some'd thrown projectiles at their vans.

THE NATION: Anti-press feelings also spread to Rajprasong, though some media-sympathetic leaders want reporters to remain.

DOH ......... the media are the key to everything.... lose them and you've lost.

Well done... heres a gun..... theres your foot, safety is off.

So sorry, i keep quoting you.... have you ever heard about this one?

THE NATION: Thai reporters have all pulled from Phan Fa with sour taste in the mouth. Reds had jeered them, some'd thrown projectiles at their vans.

THE NATION: Anti-press feelings also spread to Rajprasong, though some media-sympathetic leaders want reporters to remain.

DOH ......... the media are the key to everything.... lose them and you've lost.

By de ballot or de bullet

By de bible or de gun

Any which way...

... freedom must come

The idiots dont need the media...

Red channel is back on the air since late afternoon according to PBS! WTF!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/04/11/politics/Red-TV-on-air-again-30127014.html