Mac Mini 2010

Bruce551

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....when I saw all of the Apple Fan Boys bragging about how Macs never crash I started taking whatever I heard about Apple with a grain of salt.

a little Appun history for them that don't know:

before = OS 9 and before. Mac OS was poo and crashed even more than windoze. OS 10 was when they started UNIX under the hood and it almost never crashes (i have a talent for causing kernel panics, however).

....when I saw all of the Apple Fan Boys bragging about how Macs never crash I started taking whatever I heard about Apple with a grain of salt.

a little Appun history for them that don't know:

before = OS 9 and before. Mac OS was poo and crashed even more than windoze. OS 10 was when they started UNIX under the hood and it almost never crashes (i have a talent for causing kernel panics, however).

Yeah, I've only owned an Apple since OSX (10) and they've been far more stable than any Windows PC I've owned.

Apple Media Event September 1st

iPod Touch, Apple TV, Show Rentals.

According to Bloomberg, Apple will use this venue to launch the new iPod Touch, $99 Apple TV, and the 99-cent TV show rental service.

Taken from www.macrumors.com

I want the Apple TV

Works better with the hack... then you can stream all your AVI torrents over wifi in a media software like XMBC or Boxee.. However you can't beat Apple's own presentation if you have have movies or tv-shows bought from itunes.

Apple Media Event September 1st

iPod Touch, Apple TV, Show Rentals.

According to Bloomberg, Apple will use this venue to launch the new iPod Touch, $99 Apple TV, and the 99-cent TV show rental service.

Taken from www.macrumors.com

I want the Apple TV

I like the present one with the internal hard drive. In fact I have just replaced the one in mine, which was 160Gb with 320Gb. I have my whole itunes library: Music, TV shows and films synched with my iMac, and ATV. If I so desire, I can take it away with me when I travel, plug it in and use it.

If rumours are to be believed, this new one will not have any hard drive, and be just be for streaming. Hence the $99 price.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to get a macbook tutor. I got one about two months ago, know my way around it, but there is still a LOT that I'm sure I'm missing.

I can pay for your time with beer. I remember someone in this thread was saying that they have a bunch of software (and knowhow) to offer. I'd be happy to take you up on that one afternoon whenever you can.

I'd love to get a macbook tutor. I got one about two months ago, know my way around it, but there is still a LOT that I'm sure I'm missing.

I can pay for your time with beer. I remember someone in this thread was saying that they have a bunch of software (and knowhow) to offer. I'd be happy to take you up on that one afternoon whenever you can.

Every istudio offers free tutorial classes. check one near you. 2cents.

Thanks. They mentioned that when I bought it, and I did an hour with them...but it was all really basic (despite me being polite for half the time saying, "yes, I know about right clicking, folders, and zoom already").

I can always come back for more, but it just wasn't my cup of tea in there.

Thanks. They mentioned that when I bought it, and I did an hour with them...but it was all really basic (despite me being polite for half the time saying, "yes, I know about right clicking, folders, and zoom already").

I can always come back for more, but it just wasn't my cup of tea in there.

I'm not sure about iStudio but the Apple retail stores often to very specific tutorials as well. Like, editing photos or whatever. It's not just right clicking :-)

Twas me

• 2 weeks later...