Mac Mini 2010

Bruce551

See http://www.macrumors.com/2010/10/16/both-13-inch-and-11-inch-macbook-air-models-next-week/

Only a rumour, but could be two new MacBook Airs next week. 11 and 13 inch.

If its true I think I'll be getting one...

Cult of Mac weighs in with claims from a new source regarding the new MacBook Air that has been receiving considerable attention in the days leading up to Apple's media event on Wednesday. The new report corroborates many of the claims coming from other sources, but also offers a few new details on what we might expect in the new machine.

- Battery life rumored to be 8-10 hours, up from 5 in the current MacBook Air.

- Thinner and lighter form factor with fewer curves.

- Two USB ports, SD card slot, straight-style MagSafe, Mini DisplayPort.

- Base model with 2 GB of RAM, but upgradeable. SSD also upgradeable.

- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics.

- Unconfirmed CPU claims of 2.1 GHz and 2.4 GHz options, but no claim of a specific processor family is offered.

- Suggestion of $999 for 11.6-inch model and $1100 for the 13.3-inch model, but Cult of Mac believes something like $1100/$1400 to be more likely.

If this is true, so will I.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See http://www.macrumors.com/2010/10/16/both-13-inch-and-11-inch-macbook-air-models-next-week/

Only a rumour, but could be two new MacBook Airs next week. 11 and 13 inch.

If its true I think I'll be getting one...

Cult of Mac weighs in with claims from a new source regarding the new MacBook Air that has been receiving considerable attention in the days leading up to Apple's media event on Wednesday. The new report corroborates many of the claims coming from other sources, but also offers a few new details on what we might expect in the new machine.

- Battery life rumored to be 8-10 hours, up from 5 in the current MacBook Air.

- Thinner and lighter form factor with fewer curves.

- Two USB ports, SD card slot, straight-style MagSafe, Mini DisplayPort.

- Base model with 2 GB of RAM, but upgradeable. SSD also upgradeable.

- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics.

- Unconfirmed CPU claims of 2.1 GHz and 2.4 GHz options, but no claim of a specific processor family is offered.

- Suggestion of $999 for 11.6-inch model and $1100 for the 13.3-inch model, but Cult of Mac believes something like $1100/$1400 to be more likely.

If this is true, so will I.

Interesting to see if they have all got solid state hard drives and what size they'll be!

Is this for real?

Also how do you add contacts?

Will be able to facetime with itouch and iPhone , after install and verify your apple ID and email. Some how my contacts from my phone appear on the Mac automatically.Not 100% sure how it did. Anyone?

Is this for real?

Will be able to facetime with itouch and iPhone , after install and verify your apple ID and email. Some how my contacts from my phone appear on the Mac automatically.Not 100% sure how it did. Anyone?

Must be a mobileme thing..... strange there is no manual add button.

Is this for real?

Its the address book on mac thing.... when u synced your phone with mac

ahhhhh its only work with wifi to wifi .

:-(

Is this for real?

Definitely weird. I've been trying to figure this crap out for the past hour.

Is this for real?

Definitely weird. I've been trying to figure this crap out for the past hour.

It's a piece of piss... once you verify the email you want to use your good to go.. Once the address book appears on the right, click on the email of your friend and make the call (as long as they have verified their own email). Your standard apple address book will activate in facetime.

Remember, you can do anything without an Apple ID

Or just use Skype like any ******* sane person..

Applejack for Snow Leopard is here.

APPLEJACK README

AppleJack is a shell script intended to assist you in trouble-shooting startup problems in Mac OS X. In many situations it can help resurrect an apparently dead system by cleaning up the mess left by system crashes: disk directory errors, buggy caches, corrupted preferences, etc. AppleJack is designed to be run only in single user mode. Running this script while logged in as a user can crash your operating system (especially if you use it to delete the system's virtual memory or cache files), which would be more than a little bit counterproductive, since we're out to solve problems, not cause them.

Macs don't have problems very offen, when your Mac not running right, run Applejack.

Reboot and hold Command & S keys (single user mode)

Download from here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/

any advantage to applejack vs onyx? as far as i recall they do basically the same thing: run stuff you'd have to run from the command line. i finally upgraded to Snow Kitty and i'm rebuilding brick by brick and updating software.

current futilities package:

onyx

disk warrior

idefrag

will be adding tech tool for hardware checks. anyone suggest anything else worth adding or will this do it?

If for some reason your Mac will not load OS, applejack will boot up (single user mode) before OS and run harddisk check, file permissions, clear virtual memory, clear caches and check for corrupted preferences.

i have a maintenance partition, so if it won't boot off that it'd mean the whole hard drive is f**ked, which would be beyond the scope of either applejack or onyx (a job for a maintenance thumb drive or disk warrior boot drive, probably).