Krispy Kreme

SweetieBabie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

krispy kreme started out big in the states but went down very fast...the one in my area only lasted 6 months.

the never made it big outside the south. maybe the Carolinas and down. here they will probably last in one or 2 locations. I think thais will love this sweet donut. they are quite close to 'padongko' when fresh.

but you are more likely to find me at the Dean and Delucca

what if i open a shop and hire those ppl to stand outside.. ?

That was done before in Bangkok...I think it was for those cinnamon bun things. It made it look like it was more popular than it really was, and the masses believed it.

:roll:

Roti Boy... yes i remember, at Siam Square... it was famous, fast raising, and fast falling. I remember the day i have seen long line... and the day no one there. The staff at Roti Boy had to carry the bun tried to sell it to people around.

I've actually never had one, but I've heard people rave about them. When they opened on the east coast of the USA, there were huge lines before they opened, and the minimum order was two dozen per customer.

Yes, it's just sugar and fat as is typical of junk food, but they must taste alright...

Not sure if you remembered but, they had one in Copley Square a few years ago. It didn't last a month. There was one also not to far from where I live. That also met it's demise 5 months after it opened. Tried them once. Good, but can do with out.

Man, your gonna see some fat somchais in Thailand.

You can say i'm not intrend but waiting in the long line like that....?

hell no!!! I'm jai ron, I don't even wait in front of Fuji or Shabushi. If no table for me... I will go to somewhere else which ready to serve me.

I would go for Dunkin Donuts.

Anyway, I worry about my friends now, they mention about buying KK. today after working in Comworld grrrrrrrrrrr...

Dunkin Donuts got nothing on them. Surely KK doughnuts taste awesome as they are, soft like cotton, sweet like hell. I can imagine these guys are paid to stand inline to buy them for their bosses. Also may be because the marketing gimmick ploy they advertised for first 100 customers would get freebies. the first few customers will get all year around of free supplies. having read some tweets saying average waiting in line time was 2-4 hours yet in the rain.

having read some tweets saying average waiting in line time was 2-4 hours yet in the rain.

Exactly. The wait isn't that bad, but the rain will probably make me sick. Plus, some old lady keeps on cutting in front of me. When I said something, she just ignored me!

Anyway, I'm almost there. Can't wait to get my hands on that donut!

It's a fad.

And Thai people LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE fads.... It's about bragging rights.

"Oh, I had a Krispy Kreme, yesterday."

"Really? How was it?"

"Fantastic... I was the 4021st person in Thailand to eat one."

"Wow."

"And I've got a Blackberry... and an iPad... and an iPod shuffle (one of the new ones)... and big contact lenses... and a Korean boyfriend... and I Tweet every 15 minutes... and and and..."

It's a fad.

And Thai people LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE fads.... It's about bragging rights.

"Oh, I had a Krispy Kreme, yesterday."

"Really? How was it?"

"Fantastic... I was the 4021st person in Thailand to eat one."

"Wow."

"And I've got a Blackberry... and an iPad... and an iPod shuffle (one of the new ones)... and big contact lenses... and a Korean boyfriend... and I Tweet every 15 minutes... and and and..."

in fairness isn't that true of every f**king consumer society now !!! i mean every time apple lauch an upgraded over priced must have f**king fanny pad .... there's queues round the block for it every-f**king-where !!! :roll: :roll:

funnily enough i was checking the price of an Ipad back home ... nearly 500 f**king quid !!!! bollocks to that !!!