Can you be friends with people who have different political views than you?

"'You know, Hitler made a mistake picking the Jews to eradicate. If he'd picked Pakistanis or Arabs, I think history wouldn't have judged him so harshly. "

English Bob You must be shitting me, actually some of your previous posts had given the impression that you were half way intelligent, the spouting of this utter drivel easily dispels this myth.

Even if this is a joke it is in pretty poor taste, yes the eradication of two entire races of people is very funny. I presume you are English, if so I would think you would have an understanding of the effects of colonization by England on vast parts of the world and be somewhat more considered in your responses.

Your response reeks of the ignorant football hooligan mentality prevalent among some of the glorious English expats living in Bangkok.

"'You know, Hitler made a mistake picking the Jews to eradicate. If he'd picked Pakistanis or Arabs, I think history wouldn't have judged him so harshly. "

English Bob You must be shitting me, actually some of your previous posts had given the impression that you were half way intelligent, the spouting of this utter drivel easily dispels this myth.

Even if this is a joke it is in pretty poor taste, yes the eradication of two entire races of people is very funny. I presume you are English, if so I would think you would have an understanding of the effects of colonization by England on vast parts of the world and be somewhat more considered in your responses.

Your response reeks of the ignorant football hooligan mentality prevalent among some of the glorious English expats living in Bangkok.

1 It was a joke.

2 All jokes have a subject and someone is always going to be offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SagayzX2T7Y

3 If you were Arab, Jewish or Pakistani, you'd have a leg to stand on. But being offended on someone else's behalf is just pointless.

4 I think colonization has been excellent for most countries who went through it - even those colonized by the French!

5 I support football. I have never hit anyone because they supported a different team than me.

6 Didn't you read the part where I wrote I was a jack-booted Fascist thug? It's different to being a football hooligan - we get a uniform and better healthcare.

Seriously, I have friends from all walks of life, political parties, socio-economic backgrounds and races as well. I only talk politics/religion with relatives or close friends. I stay away from discussing these things with acquaintances and I do differentiate between the three. I have found that when you discuss these things with strangers you almost never change their view and usually end up making an enemy. Especially if they are a co-worker etc.

Unlike an acquaintance or a total stranger true friends already have a feel for your beliefs and where you stand or where you are coming from. And NO we all don't see I to I on all political beliefs or philosophies. The majority of my good friends are very open minded, will listen to your points and on occasion will agree with a plausible point or two.

However, I tend to weigh and respect all opinions but....

P.S. You know how the ole' saying goes:

'Opinions are like Azzhules; they all stink and everyone has one'....LOL

I cannot express these opinions as good as you did!

Ok, that's a draw, although yours are much more moist than those in France! Conquering other continents, exploiting them and finally leaving them in chaos? Ha, here we are!

;)

Applaud..., The most funniest thing is that when I was having serious conversation with one Indian brit who has his family back in India and he strongly has a sense of "I am British" and even look down his fellow Indians back home. Moreover, he claimed as if he conquered American too. What an a**hole. I only wish this thing won't happen in Thailand!

Fair enough, the facist uniform is certainly more stylish tahn the average football hooligan garb, ran across a few of them on the weekend. Not a nice crew.

used to live in Burnley, Lancashire and played football with some of their crew .... "the suicide squad" ... they used to reckon looking "smart casual" was nearly as important as the fighting !!

now i definitely wouldn't have called them "a nice crew" but they did dress up for their saturday drinking and fighting !!!

well as much as anybody from Burnley ever dressed up !!!

if only they smart enough to respect other's opinion who has diffirent views point from them. The big big problem in Thailand is if anyone has diffrent political views from them that person will be wrong and stupid.

Since there had big fight of UDD and Abhisit's government, if anyone started conversation politic with me, i will start mine with 'im strongly support the government and Abhisit if you support the opposite but still want to discuss, go ahead if dont, you still can discuss with me other topics we are colleague'.

Applaud..., The most funniest thing is that when I was having serious conversation with one Indian brit who has his family back in India and he strongly has a sense of "I am British" and even look down his fellow Indians back home. Moreover, he claimed as if he conquered American too. What an a**hole. I only wish this thing won't happen in Thailand!

Oh yes, there are people like this! Quite recently, one Turkish guy explained to me that all Albanians in reality are Turks, too and Serbs are (Albanian) Turks just with another faith! And this idiot really believed what he said! I use to smile at those creatures :)