CiaranM

All in all it looks like a great season for the big matches.

Lots of one on one duals.

Even the lower end of the table has a few giant killers. The premiership gets tougher and better every year.

it gets tougher ... don't know about better. i thought last season wasn't as good quality-wise as previous seasons !!!

however, if Arsenal hadn't performed their end of season collapse and gone on to win the damm thing ... i wouldn't really have cared how good or bad that season was quality wise !!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's match was exhilerating. It was like watching Barcelona play.

Admittedly Arsenal were very far from their best, but United were brilliant. With only the De Gea slip to moan about, it was a fantastic performance.

Sympathies to Arsenal fans, you guys must be feeling depressed.

i think u might just be getting a tad carried away there Dave .... while United were good .... in fact very good ..... that has got to be the worst Arsenal performance i can remember seeing and as i've been supporting them for 40 years now i've seen some ******* shockers !!!

when i saw the Arsenal back four named i feared the worst, but i never imagined it being that bad !! the defending was non-*******-existant !! i know Rooney got a hat trick, but it was 2 free kicks and a penalty ... and as for United's first goal either of the centre halfs could have cleared it, but decided between themselves to give Welbeck as soft a goal as he's likely to ever get !!

as i said United were good .... but i wouldn't put them in the Barca class just yet !!

as for Arsenal .... no right back, no ******* centre half, no left back, no defensive midfielder, no fabregas, no nasri ... **** ... it's gonna be a long long season !!!!

i think u might just be getting a tad carried away there Dave .... while United were good .... in fact very good ..... that has got to be the worst Arsenal performance i can remember seeing and as i've been supporting them for 40 years now i've seen some ******* shockers !!!

when i saw the Arsenal back four named i feared the worst, but i never imagined it being that bad !! the defending was non-*******-existant !! i know Rooney got a hat trick, but it was 2 free kicks and a penalty ... and as for United's first goal either of the centre halfs could have cleared it, but decided between themselves to give Welbeck as soft a goal as he's likely to ever get !!

as i said United were good .... but i wouldn't put them in the Barca class just yet !!

as for Arsenal .... no right back, no ******* centre half, no left back, no defensive midfielder, no fabregas, no nasri ... **** ... it's gonna be a long long season !!!!

I see...

Well **** you, Gooner scum.

I'd 8-2 be in your shoes right now...

;-)

I see...

Well **** you, Gooner scum.

I'd 8-2 be in your shoes right now...

;-)

it's a game of football .... and despite what Shanks is reported to have said .... there r more important things in life !!!

it was ******* awful to watch .... and already the EPL looks like a 2 horse race ... early days i know .... but i can't see any ******* silver lining !!!

and i still don't think United r at Barca's level just yet .... although they were several levels above that Arsenal team yesterday !!!

First 3 games of the season I wouldn't worry that much yet, be night if the Gooners could pick up a couple of tough defenders/midfielders.... should have taken Joey Barton on a free!

i am worried .... last season when it came to the crunch we weren't good enough !!! since then we've lost our best 2 players (fabregas and nasri) and our left back (clichy). also lost a few squad players denilson, eboue (who could have done a job at right back yesterday) and several others possibly on the way out. so we've lost 5 (and possibly 6 or 7) from last seasons 1st team squad and only signed 1 player (IMO) who is good enough and experienced enough to go straight into our squad/team. that means we're 4 or 5 players (experienced premiership players) down compared to last season !! what's the chances of us getting in replacements before the transfer window closes ?? not good i guess !!

and Barton is a ******* knob of the highest order ... he's available on a free transfer and ends up at QPR ... says it all really !!!

and Mertsacker having medical as we speak...

Bit forward, but I still reckon a goalie and 3 or 4 outfield players...

very good buy if confirmed ... 6'6" german international centre half .... just what the doctor ordered, but why was he not signed 2 or 3 weeks ago !!!

still think we need at least 2 or 3 more signings .... bit light in midfield after losing fabregas, nasri and (not so much) denilson !!

Creative midfielders of any real quality cost proper $$$$

Nasri speaks out again.....

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7138559/Wenger-not-to-blame-Nasri

read a very similar (nearly identical article) in todays guardian .... and for all those screaming that Wenger needs to go .... u think dickhead Mourhino is gonna come if there's no money to spend !!!

Nasri told l'Equipe: "Yes, it was [the right time to leave], there are sure signs.

"The departure of Cesc (Fabregas) to Barcelona is one of them. The defeat against Birmingham in the League Cup final was very harmful for the minds.

"Arsenal remains a big club, but the building of Emirates Stadium changed a lot of things. It has changed the ambitions, so far. But it is not Arsene Wenger, it is the club's politics, the officials.

"Arsenal doesn't have the same funds. They can't make the same coups as before in the transfer market. They are rather forced to sell their best players and bet on young ones."

very good buy if confirmed ... 6'6" german international centre half .... just what the doctor ordered, but why was he not signed 2 or 3 weeks ago !!!

still think we need at least 2 or 3 more signings .... bit light in midfield after losing fabregas, nasri and (not so much) denilson !!

Arteta, Mertsacker, Benayoun (loan), Santos and Chu Young Park - busy couple of days. Would have liked to see a GK in though

and a last minute Raul Meireles to Chelsea

Arteta, Mertsacker, Benayoun (loan), Santos and Chu Young Park - busy couple of days. Would have liked to see a GK in though

well i suppose it's something ... but seeing as how we have lost clichy, denilson (no big loss), fabregas and nasri ... we ain't any better that we were last season ... and last season we weren't good enough !!! still i suppose we're up about 30 million or so on transfers this season again !!!

Pretty happy with the Chelsea scoops, interesting how Wenger sets his team up with these new signings.

i'd be delighted with Wenger's signings IF we hadn't already sold Fabregas and Nasri. the guys we've signed would have been great ADDITIONS to our squad, but they've come in as REPLACEMENTS !!! no further forward than when we finished last season !!